Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
According to this quiz, I am an Arminian who believes in eternal security:
Are you Calvinist or Arminian?

This quiz is less than ideal, since some answers I only lean towards rather than fully agree with, and I wish there were more options other than just Calvinist or Arminian, but this is the best quiz of its kind that I have found online.

My intent on this forum has not been to convince others that Calvinism is true, but only that they should be more tolerant of Calvinists, especially since some of history's greatest missionaries and evangelists have been Calvinists.

Ecclesiastes 7:18
It is good to grasp the one and not let go of the other. Whoever fears God will avoid all extremes.

1 Corinthians 8:2-3
Anyone who claims to know all the answers doesn’t really know very much. But the person who loves God is the one whom God recognizes.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,668,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
722267ad-cb8c-4187-88bb-fb464088db3e.jpg

Arminian

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Quiz: Are you Calvinist or Arminian?

This is a short quiz to see if you are Calvinist or Arminian. While the average person seems to have a natural revulsion to Calvinism, you might be a Calvinist without even realizing it.

Calvinism is not something to be afraid of. The more I learn about the doctrines of grace, the more thankful I am to God for calling me, and the more I want to live in a way that pleases Him, no matter what suffering I might endure in life.

By the way, "Calvinism" is just a convenient term for a set of beliefs regarding God's election that were common among early reformers. Martin Luther and John Calvin were largely in agreement.

While the following might sound Calvinistic, it's actually from Martin Luther's 97 Thesis, which were written before his famous 95 Thesis:

In case you aren't sure about exactly what the basic teachings of Calvinism are, and how they find support in the Bible:
The Five Points of Calvinism: Defined, Defended, and Documented by David N. Steele

I started the quiz, but didn't agree with either answer for the first question so quiz over.

• Agree
Reactions: Radicchio
Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I started the quiz, but didn't agree with either answer for the first question so quiz over.

That's kind of the nature of polls or quizzes, you go with the answer that you learn towards.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

This is a short quiz to see if you are Calvinist or Arminian. While the average person seems to have a natural revulsion to Calvinism, you might be a Calvinist without even realizing it.

Calvinism is not something to be afraid of. The more I learn about the doctrines of grace, the more thankful I am to God for calling me, and the more I want to live in a way that pleases Him, no matter what suffering I might endure in life.

By the way, "Calvinism" is just a convenient term for a set of beliefs regarding God's election that were common among early reformers. Martin Luther and John Calvin were largely in agreement.

While the following might sound Calvinistic, it's actually from Martin Luther's 97 Thesis, which were written before his famous 95 Thesis:

In case you aren't sure about exactly what the basic teachings of Calvinism are, and how they find support in the Bible:
The Five Points of Calvinism: Defined, Defended, and Documented by David N. Steele
Compare And Contrast Martin Luther And John Calvin | ipl.org

Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I am neither. Because it isn't an either/or proposition.

If you're a Catholic, you are historically outside the debate between Calvinism and Arminianism, but you can still take the quiz to see which one is closer to your beliefs.

Upvote 0

Taodeching

Oct 29, 2020
Southwest
✟60,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am neither. Because it isn't an either/or proposition.

Agreed. Further more I noticed the questions were quite bias toward calvinism in their wording

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,209.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Similarly. I tried a few of the questions, but the wording of them was often giving me a binary choice between alternatives neither of which accurately expressed anything like my own understanding.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I didn't finshed it either, since my view wasn't represented among most questions. I would say: neither!

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

While the following might sound Calvinistic, it's actually from Martin Luther's 97 Theses, which were written before his famous 95 Theses:

I believe in Free Will - I am Arminian not Calvinist

But your link Quiz - was very careful to erroneously state the Arminian position so it would not be accurate or true - while of course the Calvinist alternative was also not true.

====================== your quiz could have asked --

1. Do you believe God is being honest in Isaiah 5:4 "what MORE could I have done than that which I have already done? Why then when I expected..."

2. Do you believe Rom 10:10 is true when it says 10 "for with the heart a person believes, resulting in righteousness"??

"and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation"??

3. Do you believe "God is not partial" Rom 2:11 and that "God is not WILLING for any to perish" 2 Peter 3? and yet only the "FEW" of Matt 7 are saved?

4. Do you believe "He came to His OWN and His OWN received Him not" John 1:11

5. Do you believe "I will draw ALL MANKIND unto Me" John 12:32 --??

6. Do you believe "Christ is the Atoning Sacrifice for OUR sins and NOT for OUR sins only but for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD" 1 John 2:2 ??

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I didn't finshed it either, since my view wasn't represented among most questions. I would say: neither!

I would like to say again that quizzes aren't meant to be an exact science. You provide the answer that you learn the most towards.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟886,048.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I would like to say again that quizzes aren't meant to be an exact science. You provide the answer that you learn the most towards.

In some questions I'm closer to Calvinism and others closer to Arminianism. If I were to choose it would be an easy choice since the atonement question is the most important to me. Leaning towards Arminian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

While the following might sound Calvinistic, it's actually from Martin Luther's 97 Theses, which were written before his famous 95 Theses:

That face when you're a Lutheran and asked if you are Calvinist or Arminian:

314966.jpg

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Similarly. I tried a few of the questions, but the wording of them was often giving me a binary choice between alternatives neither of which accurately expressed anything like my own understanding.

Yes, I always find this dichotomy exhausting. I say neither, someone quizzes me with yes or no questions then assigns me a category to fit in whether it fits or not.

• Agree
Reactions: zoidar
Upvote 0