• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Quitting my job today is my last day

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So they changed my hours and theyre longer now too long for my baby sitter. I feel a way bc this was a really good job.

Its just with my granny flaking on me and the longerhours (plus 10/12 hr shifts near the end of the month) and my brother not being able to do it... I just have to.

The people said theyd miss me. Im just super annoyed. Another job got back with me but the hours idk if i can do 7 to 3 bc i barely gey sleep and no one would be kind enough to watch my kids.

Even now as soon as i get home im just going and going. Im so very tempted to live with my bf but God gave me a specific warning about that but man its hard living here. I tried my best to work and save but i cant with no help and things working against me.

I think im just supposed to be at home for a certain reason i dont know. Please pray i endure.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I will pray for you! Life can be hard at times; and I much recommend you stay close to the Lord Jesus in communion about EVERYTHING for He is our great hope (Psalm 147:5). He cares for His own! Make Him the center of your life for all things, and though we have trials, He will bring us through and guide us as we walk with Him daily ---don't lean on people who know not God. Saints of God are only here in this world a little time, so we need God's strength. -1watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟947,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Living with him will increase the likelihood of another pregnancy. Although your home life is difficult remaining there is better.

With work off the table go to school. Apply to universities for next fall. You have time to research them and explore the housing options. Most state schools offer family housing. You'll have the support and change of environment you need.

You can opt to take a few classes online this year. But I'd be tight lipped about my financial aid. Get a P.O. box from the post office and have important mail sent there. That puts extra money in your pocket, allows you to save, and avoid the babysitting debacle.

Start reading one positive book per month and listening to encouraging podcasts. You need something to lift your spirits. Proverbs 31 Ministries is good for women. Read The Magic of Thinking Big. It will change your life. You should be able to find it at the library. If you have a library card you can check out free audiobooks on Hoopla Digital.

Oftentimes breakdowns become breakthroughs. Don't lose hope. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟143,388.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Living with him will increase the likelihood of another pregnancy. Although your home life is difficult remaining there is better.

With work off the table go to school. Apply to universities for next fall. You have time to research them and explore the housing options. Most state schools offer family housing. You'll have the support and change of environment you need.

You can opt to take a few classes online this year. But I'd be tight lipped about my financial aid. Get a P.O. box from the post office and have important mail sent there. That puts extra money in your pocket, allows you to save, and avoid the babysitting debacle.

Start reading one positive book per month and listening to encouraging podcasts. You need something to lift your spirits. Proverbs 31 Ministries is good for women. Read The Magic of Thinking Big. It will change your life. You should be able to find it at the library. If you have a library card you can check out free audiobooks on Hoopla Digital.

Oftentimes breakdowns become breakthroughs. Don't lose hope. :)

~bella

Im trying not to quit. I broke up with my bf. Hes getting his own place while im stuck with toxic narc parents. Very bittersweet. Also i tried to do lpn but i couldnt even get down to the school-- i dont havr adequate care for my kids for rhe on campus clinical portion.

Im just stuck right now.. The only thing i can do is encourage myself in thr Lord. I like to listen to sermons.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YES, encourage yourself in the Lord and pray much. As to getting some training, look at a technical school for some skill training of interest, which often can be achieved at home. I agree that you definitely need to avoid living with such a man. Whatever skills you have, you might find some employers that will allow you to work at home; and continue studies on a skill by correspondence. I will pray for you. God will 'never forsake you' -1watchman

Last edited:
Upvote 0