Visit site
✟3,848.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Modern liberalism is a phenomenon that has swept the United States and Western Europe, thereby transforming them culturally and economically. Given this, I would like to ask a few questions regarding modern liberalism.

Is modern liberalism compatible or incompatible with Christianity?

Is modern liberalism compatible or incompatible with the United States Constitution?

Is modern liberalism a force of good or a force of evil?

Last edited:

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
The #1 thing that makes modern liberalism contrary to God's acceptance is the promotion of abortion. 55,000,000+ babies have been aborted since abortion was made legal. I believe if you stand before God and have voted liberal then the blood of all those babies is on your hands.

In addition to that, liberal thinking accepts the homosexual lifestyle as being "normal", makes an attempt to rid all public life of The Bible, Biblical principles, and even God Himself. How can God bless that kind of a platform?

I believe God hates modern liberalism and will punish those who accept it and vote for political candidates who promote it. I believe you cannot have The Holy Spirit of God residing inside of you and accept or vote liberal.

Modern liberalism is anti-God and anti-American. The founders would scream foul at the very idea of modern liberalism!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

juleamager

Anglo-Catholic with Byzantine patrimony
Jun 28, 2013
South Orange, New Jersey, United States
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Voting liberal, or Democratic if you are an American, is far better than voting Republican, in my opinion, for a variety of reasons. I support a political party much like the Moderates in Sweden or the Conservatives in the United Kingdom.

God doesn't have a political position. He's independent of that. As a just and neutral monarch, He supports what he believes is best. It is their right of each person to vote for who they believe makes sense and is right. Saying God damns anyone who votes liberal is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

Not to mention, there should be a separation of church and state for very sane reasons. That is, we have many different denominations and many different religions. We can't enforce one religion or view of Christianity over another, it's unfair. How do we know which church is the valid one that deserves to have it's doctrine made law? I'm no liberal, but the separation makes sense. While I don't share much in common with them, we do find common ground on the issues of the separation and legal marriage for those in same-sex relationships.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gentlemantech48

Experienced Christian
Apr 11, 2010
Spokane, Washington
✟10,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Voting liberal, or Democratic if you are an American, is far better than voting Republican, in my opinion, for a variety of reasons. I support a political party much like the Moderates in Sweden or the Conservatives in the United Kingdom.

God doesn't have a political position. He's independent of that. As a just and neutral monarch, He supports what he believes is best. It is their right of each person to vote for who they believe makes sense and is right. Saying God damns anyone who votes liberal is the most insane thing I've ever heard.

Not to mention, there should be a separation of church and state for very sane reasons. That is, we have many different denominations and many different religions. We can't enforce one religion or view of Christianity over another, it's unfair. How do we know which church is the valid one that deserves to have it's doctrine made law? I'm no liberal, but the separation makes sense. While I don't share much in common with them, we do find common ground on the issues of the separation and legal marriage for those in same-sex marriages.
Why are you on a Christian Conservative site? You are absolutely wrong and God's Word is the reference I use to say that. You should move your opinions to a liberal site if you think that God can approve of voting liberal. May God help you to see the truth!

Upvote 0

Pteriax

Someone to hate
Jul 13, 2013
Earth
✟16,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Modern liberalism is a phenomenon that has swept the United States and Western Europe, thereby transforming them culturally and economically. Given this, I would like to ask a few questions regarding modern liberalism.

Is modern liberalism compatible or incompatible with the United States Constitution?

no, no, evil.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Why are you on a Christian Conservative site? You are absolutely wrong and God's Word is the reference I use to say that. You should move your opinions to a liberal site if you think that God can approve of voting liberal. May God help you to see the truth!

Because I wanted to post my opinion. I didn't contradict the rules of this forum. I don't know if I'm a liberal Christian or a conservative. I share lots of positions with the conservatives, but also some with the liberals. I once considered myself a liberal Christian, but I'm a conservative politically, and my theology is quite conservative.

God doesn't approve nor disapprove of voting liberal. He's independent from politics. He doesn't support a party. He support's what is right and just, what helps those in need and those who are abused and shunned. God doesn't have political views. Liberals and conservatives are both equal in His eyes.

And no, I don't know a single scripture that supports that voting liberal is wrong and a sin. Not to mention, you are being quite abrasive. Calling someone in apostasy and using that accusatory tone is no way to greet a visitor. I was being kind and gentle, but you lashed out in response.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

First of all, you don't say whether you are talking about political or theological liberalism. Politically, Jesus' concern for the under dogs suggests that he would have been politically well to the left by American standards, and moderately to the left by European standards.

As for theological liberalism, it has probably gone too far, and there needs to be some back peddling, but without going back to the kind of fundamentalism found in America.

I'm British, but I would be surprised if the American Constitution contains an implicit ban upon any kind of political stance, and still less upon a theological one. America certainly wouldn't be entitled to the description "democracy" if it did.

In an of itself, it is a force for neither good nor evil.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Because I wanted to post my opinion. I didn't contradict the rules of this forum. I don't know if I'm a liberal Christian or a conservative. I share lots of positions with the conservatives, but also some with the liberals. I once considered myself a liberal Christian, but I'm a conservative politically, and my theology is quite conservative.
You can imagine, then, our surprise at reading that ^ after having read this from you:

Voting liberal, or Democratic if you are an American, is far better than voting Republican, in my opinion

Seems to be some contradiction there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
First of all, you don't say whether you are talking about political or theological liberalism. Politically, Jesus' concern for the under dogs suggests that he would have been politically well to the left by American standards

That's very doubtful. Jesus at no time recommended political action in order to help the poor; his emphasis and personal behavior was completely focused on individual, private action--a hallmark of American Conservatism.

I'm British, but I would be surprised if the American Constitution contains an implicit ban upon any kind of political stance
It doesn't ban belief in anything, but it protects personal liberties--and that's what political liberalism wants to change.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
You can imagine, then, our surprise at reading that ^ after having read this from you:

Seems to be some contradiction there.

I didn't say anything incredibly liberal, you know. I said that I supported secularism and same-sex unions. I don't happen to be pro-choice, or pro-drug. That's not incredibly liberal, in European politics at least. Here, however, saying you support those two things makes you incredibly liberal all of a sudden. Both the Moderate Party and the Conservative Party, very conservative and traditionally Christian parties are supportive of same-sex unions and the Moderate Party is for secularism. Another party I support is the Christian Democratic party of Sweden.

I'm fairly socially conservative (though I support same-sex marriage) and certainly theologically conservative. I believe in Biblical infalliability and in tradition, but I also believe in egalitarianism and open evangelicalism (though I am not a Protestant). I believe family is a fundemental unit of human society.

I would say that voting Republican is worse than voting Democrat, even though both parties suck. The Republican Party is abrasive, hard to negociate with and just simply rude.The Republican-controlled House has gotten rid of Food Stamps in the Farm Bill, apparently, and is cutting funding to Food Stamps. Doesn't sound very good to me. While the Democratic Party is slightly more liberal (pro-choice and pro-same-sex marriage) I consider both parties roughly centre-right to centre.

So, you might consider me a Democrat (Supporter) in Name Only (Dino) or a Blue Dog Conservative Democrat. I chose to identify with the Green Party on this forum because I like the icon :D (I should probably change that), but I sorta support the Libertarian Party, though they may also be too liberal for my tastes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say anything incredibly liberal, you know.[/quote\

Yeh, I know. But you have to admit that characterizing yourself as somewhere between liberal and conservative after having said that voting liberal is far better than voting Republican is, well, puzzling. I suppose there's a way that those two statements could be harmonized, but it's still a surprise, don't you see?

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I didn't say anything incredibly liberal, you know.

Yeh, I know. But you have to admit that characterizing yourself as somewhere between liberal and conservative after having said that voting liberal is far better than voting Republican is, well, puzzling. I suppose there's a way that those two statements could be harmonized, but it's still a surprise, don't you see?

I was sorta working to fix the words I used in an effort to not get heckled by the various ultra-conservatives who were posting here. I should have said slightly better, since both parties suck, in my opinion.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I was sorta working to fix the words I used in an effort to not get heckled by the various ultra-conservatives who were posting here. I should have said slightly better, since both parties suck, in my opinion.

Sure. But it is their forum, you know. We're not here to denigrate Conservatism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Indeed. I don't mind conservatism, but when we get ultra-conservatism, then I get uncomfortable. I consider myself a liberal conservative and Christian democrat, a moderate conservative.

Upvote 0

Pteriax

Someone to hate
Jul 13, 2013
Earth
✟16,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This has nothing to do with this, but go Demon Hunter!lol

°«Creatio ex nihilo»°

Nice avatar. True defiance is my new favorite album.

On topic, why do people have such a dim view of conservatives and fundamentalists anyways? Ignorance?

Upvote 0

Pteriax

Someone to hate
Jul 13, 2013
Earth
✟16,843.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't say anything incredibly liberal, you know. I said that I supported secularism and same-sex unions. I don't happen to be pro-choice, or pro-drug. That's not incredibly liberal, in European politics at least.

It is in America

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Nice avatar. True defiance is my new favorite album.

On topic, why do people have such a dim view of conservatives and fundamentalists anyways? Ignorance?

Yes and no. When they think us, they think, well, the Republican loonies like the horrible Islamophobic Ann Coulter.

Conservatives are good people who stand up for traditional values and positions and have fought for the disenfranchied and the unknown in the past. If conservatives would get back to doing that here, they'd be more liked. Take a note from Sweden, Germany, and the Netherlands. Friendly and likable conservatives get in power.

Upvote 0

juleamager

Jun 28, 2013
✟7,891.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It is in America

Unfortunately. I go by European standards for my politics. My positions are those of the Christian Democratic party in Sweden and the Moderate Party, a centre-right party in Sweden. I'm really not that liberal.

Upvote 0