Questions of Adolescence

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What denomination is this? I've never heard that.
Holiness and Holiness Pentecostal. It was/is an offshoot of Wesleyan Methodism.

As it was explained in my congregation:

You can come down to this altar tonight and get everything right with God. Then you can get up, grab your coat, go out and cross the street to your car, get hit, die and go STRAIGHT TO HELL because you committed 20 sins you know nothing about before you ever hit that back door.​

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
You can come down to this altar tonight and get everything right with God. Then you can get up, grab your coat, go out and cross the street to your car, get hit, die and go STRAIGHT TO HELL because you committed 20 sins you know nothing about before you ever hit that back door.
Sounds like a jolly, mentally-healthy bunch of folks.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟961,089.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As it was explained in my congregation:

You can come down to this altar tonight and get everything right with God. Then you can get up, grab your coat, go out and cross the street to your car, get hit, die and go STRAIGHT TO HELL because you committed 20 sins you know nothing about before you ever hit that back door.
I believe that (for a born-again Christian) that only applies to sins:
  • that one clearly acknowledges, or
  • that one is experiencing conviction for (even without a clear understanding)
Other sins will still have their immediate consequences, but I believe that they are covered by grace toward God, when He knows that we haven't gotten that memo, yet.

In Psalm 19:12 (AMP), David prays,
"Who can understand his errors or omissions? Acquit me of hidden (unconscious, unintended) faults."

Upvote 0