Visit site
✟10,466.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think that you should go around bragging about fasting, but if someone pushes the issue, especially a parental figure if you are a teen-ager, I think that it would be ok to tell them you are fasting and the reasons behind your fast. For parents that are non-Christian, I am sure that this would be hard to explain. But I would definately pray about it and ask God to give you the words and the assurances you need to help show them what you are doing and that you are doing this to follow His leading.

The admonishment in Matthew about keeping it a secret was given to those who were changing their outward appearances to make it obvious to everyone around them that they were fasting. They wanted the glory, not from God, but from their peers. That is what Jesus was warning us about. It's easy to get the "big head" and think that we are better than others and more righteous when we are doing these spiritual disciplines. He was warning us about these things. He was simply saying, in my opinion, to go on about our everyday lives and not to draw attention to ourselves that we are fasting-don't take measures that make us look like we starving and food-depraved.

Upvote 0