• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Questions for the Final Exam

Discussion in 'The Lord's Table - Liberal Catholics' started by bettercallpaul, Aug 27, 2017.

1. bettercallpaul

bettercallpaul Full- time Catholic

+7,059
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    AU-Labor
    Here's some questions you might be asked by God on Judgement Day. If I were you, I'd really do some hard study so you can answer them well. Here goes.

1. Why did you spend so much time on CF and ignore me?
    2. What good works did you do exactly? I don't see too many on this list.
    3. Why didn't you do many good works during your lifetime?
    4. I see very little evidence of you actually loving your neighbour. Why is that?
    5. I see very little evidence of you loving your enemy. Why is that?
    6. Why so many sins? Honestly. Come on.
    7. Give me one good reason why I shouldn't send you to Hell?
    8. What's your definition of being a good person?
    9. What's your definition of being a good Christian?
    10. Why did you ignore Mary?

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Left

Left Well-Known Member Supporter

+2,095
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    11. Why did you make lists assuming I would ask these questions on Judgement Day?

Sorry, I just had to.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. bettercallpaul

+7,059
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    AU-Labor
    I need to see how various denoms answer.

4. Mountainmike

Mountainmike Well-Known Member Supporter

+1,096
    Catholic
    Married
    I think perhaps our Lord might get more personal with the last one! Why did you ignore my mother?

Also 1/ is a generic question: could easily have been why so much time wasted on golf/ fishing / rock climbing/ computer games ( insert favourite pastime)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. “Paisios”

“Paisios” Unworthy servant of God Supporter

+3,829
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    I spent time there praying for and with Your people, in fellowship and love (at least, I tried)...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    Far too few...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    "Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin, my mother conceived me"...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    "For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice"...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    "For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice"...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice"...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    Because of Your great love and mercy at Calvary...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    "No one is good but One, that is God"...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.
    "No one is good but One, that is God"...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner."
    I honor her, but tried to focus on You...Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. bettercallpaul

+7,059
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    AU-Labor
    yeah CF is just an example of a false god we worship instead of Him

7. bettercallpaul

+7,059
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    AU-Labor
    Sorry shoetoyou, sounds like you are an incredibly decent soul. This was 90% in jest. Making fun of our obsessions with Judgement Day, But also an imaginative search too. What will Judgement Day really be like?

8. “Paisios”

+3,829
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    If it were permitted, I would wish I could fool God as much as I seem to have fooled you. :tonguewink::tonguewink:
    My answers were serious, but I rarely am. Still an interesting post worth responding to..
    No clue, really...too busy just trying to get through day to day without messing up, and hoping to get closer to Jesus so He'll be beside me on that day, advocating for me to the Father. I expect it will be terrifying! The thought of facing pure Good, knowing who I am and what I have done, even being forgiven, is unbearable...

9. bettercallpaul

+7,059
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    AU-Labor
    I get it now. Sorry. You are "playing God". Good one. Excellent joke. So as God, what questions are you going to ask?

10. Peter J Barban

Peter J Barban Well-Known Member

+504
    Christian
    Married
    Really harsh!

I'm expecting God to say, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!'

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. “Paisios”

+3,829
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Oh, how blessed that would be! But, I think the best I can hope for is "Your sins are forgiven...your faith has saved you. Go in peace." (Luke 7:48-50) ... but it would be enough. I am content.

12. bettercallpaul

+7,059
    Australia
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    AU-Labor
    I'm expecting something like this:
    "Paul, you wasted too much time trying to be funny and to steal the limelight from me. I was going to send you to Hell but just to show what a merciful God I am, I will let you go to Purgatory for about 300 years. OK? I'm being very kind. Count yourself lucky."

13. Peter J Barban

+504
    Christian
    Married
    If he's wearing a "Make Heaven Great Again" hat, it might be someone other than God. Trust but verify!

14. Mountainmike

+1,096
    Catholic
    Married
    You mean hoping - rather than expecting!
    Presumption is a form of pride!

15. quatona

quatona "God"? What do you mean??

+4,164
    Seeker
    Why would an omniscient God play stupid and ask questions?

16. Mountainmike

+1,096
    Catholic
    Married
    Job 38 and 39 shows God does ask questions! rhetorical ones perhaps!

17. Peter J Barban

+504
    Christian
    Married
    Since I used "expect" rather than "presume", your concern is nullified. Don't stir up trouble where none is intended. Jesus says you should worry about the log in your own eye.