St. Louis, MO.
✟373,938.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
How do you really know God is who they say he is? How well do you really know him? Yeah I’m sure you’ve read his book, but do you really expect to get an unbiased report on someone by reading their book? Who knew God best? Satan. Satan was God’s #1 angle and he rejected God. You accept God via ignorance and Satan rejected God via knowledge.

How do you know if you knew God the way Satan knows him, that you wouldn’t reject him as well?

At the end of the day, it comes down to faith. Believers just have faith that what the Bible says is true. To me, all those supernatural elements are impossible to believe. But as Voltaire said, faith consists of believing in the impossible, because it’s impossible.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I prefer to rely on science rather than the Bible.

I rely on both, for different reasons.

The universe (of thought) is divided into two realms. The known, and the unknown. These are manifested in science, and religion; the natural, and the supernatural. And since there is more that is unknown than is known, shouldn't more credence be given to the unknown?

"There are two most remarkable men in the world. One is Kipling, the other is myself. Together we possess all knowledge. Kipling knows all that can be known...and I know the rest." -Mark Twain

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟650,994.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
How do you really know God is who they say he is? How well do you really know him? Yeah I’m sure you’ve read his book, but do you really expect to get an unbiased report on someone by reading their book? Who knew God best? Satan. Satan was God’s #1 angle and he rejected God. You accept God via ignorance and Satan rejected God via knowledge.

How do you know if you knew God the way Satan knows him, that you wouldn’t reject him as well?

"The ultimate knowledge is to truly know that You cannot be known."
(Maimonides.)

There is no change in Him at all;
He was alone before creation of the world,
so is He alone after it was created.

"You" that existed before the worlds creation remains exactly the same "You" after it,s creation.

Without any change in His being, nor even in His knowledge.

For by knowing Himself, He knows all created things,
since all derive from Him and are nullified in relation to Him.

One might have supposed that with the creation G-d,s knowledge underwent a change,
in as much as He could not have possibly known the world beforehand
once the world was created.

G-d would thus know something that previously He did not.

Thus, by knowing Himself, He knows all created beings that derive their existence from Him and are utterly nullified and unified with Him.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,132,868.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

How do you know Satan has known God best, unless ...................***gulp***...................? :eek:

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟721,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So only unnatural persons can accept the things of the Spirit of God. What is an unnatural person?

what is natural, as it relates to physical (tangible) life alone (i.e. apart from God's in working of faith - intangible).

Perhaps an example would be like our brain ... we have a physical (tangible) brain ... but the thoughts are not physical (they are intangible)

Upvote 0

Lazarus Long

Feb 1, 2020
Melbourne
✟4,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
what is natural, as it relates to physical (tangible) life alone (i.e. apart from God's in working of faith - intangible).

Perhaps an example would be like our brain ... we have a physical (tangible) brain ... but the thoughts are not physical (they are intangible)
Which part of that is an unnatural person?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Well, if we read and study His Book we will know that no group of men could have ever thought that up on their own.

And how long did it take to write?
And by how many people?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Lazarus Long

Feb 1, 2020
Melbourne
✟4,883.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Well, if we read and study His Book we will know that no group of men could have ever thought that up on their own.

And how long did it take to write?
And by how many people?

M-Bob
Well regardless of your wishful thinking it was just men who came up with those stories.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums