Questions concerning God and Satan

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How do you really know God is who they say he is? How well do you really know him? Yeah I’m sure you’ve read his book, but do you really expect to get an unbiased report on someone by reading their book? Who knew God best? Satan. Satan was God’s #1 angle and he rejected God. You accept God via ignorance and Satan rejected God via knowledge.

How do you know if you knew God the way Satan knows him, that you wouldn’t reject him as well?

• Friendly
Reactions: Deade

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,877.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do you really know God is who they say he is? How well do you really know him? Yeah I’m sure you’ve read his book, but do you really expect to get an unbiased report on someone by reading their book? Who knew God best? Satan. Satan was God’s #1 angle and he rejected God. You accept God via ignorance and Satan rejected God via knowledge.

How do you know if you knew God the way Satan knows him, that you wouldn’t reject him as well?

I once gave my unbiased opinion of the Bible and my thread was quickly closed!

And I am a Christian! Still am!

You're right! How is it possible to have unbiased opinion if you will quickly shoot down any opposing idea, even if it is actually plausible?

Since when did truth become boxed? limited?

You might be surprised A LOT of Christians don't really know their Bible even if they read it cover to cover 100x

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Easy...

Satan is a fallen mortal angel and does not have the capacity to commune with God by His indwelling presence.

When you have His presence within there are no more questions...

Satan has never known God like we can.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟894,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is not so much that Satan rejects God after all, Satan recognizes Jesus Christ of Nazareth as Lord:
6 When he saw Jesus from afar, he ran and worshiped Him. 7 And he cried out with a loud voice and said, “What have I to do with You, Jesus, Son of the Most High God? I implore You by God that You do not torment me.” 8 For He said to him, “Come out of the man, unclean spirit!” 9 Then He asked him, “What is your name?” And he answered, saying, “My name is Legion; for we are many.” 10 Also he begged Him earnestly that He would not send them out of the country. Mark 5

Satan wants to be God.

Upvote 0

Deade

Called of God
Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

Satan was in charge of God's government (prophetic mountain) as we are told in Ezek. 28:14: "Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire."

At that time Satan knew only good, he had never experienced evil but was just warned not to do such. Then one day Satan decided to try evil just to see for himself if it were right or not. He convinced himself he knew better than God and drew a third of the angels with him in rebellion.

I believe the earth with Satan's dominion because he was in Eden according to Ezek. 28:13. Therefore the earth became dark and void, without life. We have fossil records of that destruction that wiped out all the dinosaurs. God was and still is undoing all the bad of that rebellion and confirming inheritors in the process. A better class to rule than angels.

Satan wants to slow God's work with mankind so he got into the business of religion very early. Indeed, he presents himself as an angel of light. 2 Cor. 11:14 "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

But God's will be done in heaven and earth according to the Lord's Prayer. Those He has called will carry off their duties despite Satan's hindrances. Like a previous poster said, most have no idea what God is doing with mankind because of the perverted gospel.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
that is not true. it is not reason, why satan rejected God.

Lucifer wanted equality with God. "I will be like the Most High."

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I once gave my unbiased opinion of the Bible and my thread was quickly closed!

I hear ya, bro. There are truths that shall remain unspoken.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟713,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

God created all his intelligent beings with freewill (choice) Why? Love. True love can not be forced .... God knows that ... we know that. One can not force one to love another.

Who knew God best? Jesus (who is not a created being)

The definition of sin is that given in the Word of God; it is “the transgression of the law;” it is the outworking of a principle at war with the great law of love which is the foundation of the divine government.

Knowledge comes in many forms sight, touch, written, verbal, personal experiences, experiences of others and spiritual experiences. Many of mankind's experiences are written about in His Word ... one can believe them ... or not.

From Ezekiel 28 ... regarding Satan

16By the vastness of your trade (lies),
you were filled with violence, and you sinned (violated the law of Gods divine government).
So I drove you in disgrace
from the mountain of God,
and I banished you, O guardian cherub,
from among the fiery stones.17Your heart grew proud of your beauty;
you corrupted your wisdom because of your splendor;
so I cast you to the earth;

Satan has knowledge but his pride corrupted his wisdom.

Satan is a created being. No created thing can supplant its Creator.

Knowledge is not enough ... falls short without wisdom from the Lord of which we should seek constantly.

1 John 4:10
Contemporary English Version
Real love isn't our love for God, but his love for us. God sent his Son to be the sacrifice by which our sins are forgiven.

You accept God via ignorance

1 Corinthians 2:14

The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned.

Believe or not ... even so He loves you more than your mind can even comprehend.

His love .... it's quite a spiritual experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟321,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

You're right that Satan rejected God even though he had that knowledge. But it's the same as a rebellious teen or a toddler throwing a tantrum. They have full knowledge of their parents but reject their rules in favor of some instant gratification. The parents say go to bed early to get enough sleep to make it through the next day. But the child refuses, preferring to stay up late playing video games.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟376,644.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right that Satan rejected God even though he had that knowledge. But it's the same as a rebellious teen or a toddler throwing a tantrum. They have full knowledge of their parents but reject their rules in favor of some instant gratification. The parents say go to bed early to get enough sleep to make it through the next day. But the child refuses, preferring to stay up late playing video games.

Yes... Satan tempted Jesus with instant gratification...

Reactions: HTacianas
Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Your unbiased opinion is that the Bible is a lie, so where did you gain your unbiased opinion from, the Biased Bible, or from another Man such as yourself?

Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Your unbiased opinion is that the Bible is a lie, so where did you gain your unbiased opinion from, the Biased Bible, or from another Man such as yourself?
There is no evidence to support the less than credible things stated in that book.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Most of it, especially what is attributed the Jesus, like the virgin birth and resurrection.

The bible doesn't say these are natural phenomena. Life itself is a phenomenon not found anywhere else in the universe, and is thus quite unnatural as the natural state of the universe is the absence of life?

• Useful
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

pleinmont

Jan 8, 2020
North Wales
✟23,411.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The bible doesn't say these are natural phenomena. Life itself is a phenomenon not found anywhere else in the universe, and is thus quite unnatural as the natural state of the universe is the absence of life?

I prefer to rely on science rather than the Bible.

Upvote 0