MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious about the Sabbaths, other Feasts of the Lord like the list in Leviticus 23, and any other special days to observe that are noted in the Old Testament. How do Sabbatarians in general agree and disagree on the meaning and the current observation of these days?

Upvote 0

DarylFawcett

Ticket Support Manager
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2005
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟980,274.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This is a forum to discuss all the various Sabbaths?
The intent of this area is to focus on the 7th day Sabbath, not any other Sabbath.

Any threads that go beyond this intent will eventually be moved to the S&L area by staff.

Upvote 0

Faithful7

Jan 1, 2021
Moberly
✟7,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious about the Sabbaths, other Feasts of the Lord like the list in Leviticus 23, and any other special days to observe that are noted in the Old Testament. How do Sabbatarians in general agree and disagree on the meaning and the current observation of these days?

The Sabbath day was ordained at creation as a memorial of God's work and subsequent rest on that day after six days of work creating the world and all that is in it. It is a part of the Ten Commandments written in stone by God's own hand. As I understand them, the Jewish feasts were given to Israel as a symbol or type of God's plan of salvation for the world, these were written on paper indicating their transitory nature.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well ... that means this is just a 1/8 Sabbath forum. The idea that only the weekly Sabbath is the end all be all, leaves out a full blown picture of how encompassing the Sabbath really is.

Upvote 0

Greengardener

for love is of God
Site Supporter
May 24, 2019
MidAtlantic
✟175,913.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well ... that means this is just a 1/8 Sabbath forum. The idea that only the weekly Sabbath is the end all be all, leaves out a full blown picture of how encompassing the Sabbath really is.
My apologies in the empty post: I haven't figured out how to use all the features of the forum.

Visionary, Darryl, or anyone: What would be the method or place to post a question that would include the Seventh Day Sabbath as well as the other days where God commanded His people not to work but to observe something separate and holy to Him?

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,142.44
Faith
Messianic
My apologies in the empty post: I haven't figured out how to use all the features of the forum.

Visionary, Darryl, or anyone: What would be the method or place to post a question that would include the Seventh Day Sabbath as well as the other days where God commanded His people not to work but to observe something separate and holy to Him?
I support the idea that the Sabbath forum is all about all related Sabbaths.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟775,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is not the "Sabbath Forum", it is the 7th Day Safehouse. All other Sabbath discussion is encouraged in Sabbath and The Law, General Theology, or of course the Messianic Judaism forums. This forum is intended for discussion of 7th Day topics, of which the Sabbath is on the 7th Day.

Admin have discussed expanding to other Sabbaths and have determined that it is out of the scope of this forum's Statement of Purpose.

I am going to go ahead and lock this thread for now, any other questions can be discussed in a Ticket.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.