LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you ever experienced any of the following:

1. You received a prophecy or interpretation of tongues, but someone else gave the same prophecy or interpretation before you had a chance to speak.
2. You got a word of knowledge, but someone else prophesied the same information before you had a chance to share it (or that you did not intend to share).
3. Someone prophesied over you (or gave an interpretation or shared a word of knowledge that contained) details that they could not naturally know, or you did this to someone else.
4. Someone prophesied future events that came to pass.

Feel free to share testimonies and details.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
#1 #2 Think Yahweh does this so we'll gain confidence in hearing His voice and our accuracy.
#2 Think we need to check and see if we're to share it or not. Sometimes we're to pray.
#3 yes, this is a word of knowledge (past and/or present). Some say they don't want anyone they don't know giving them a prophetic word because they don't know their fruit. But if I have my preference, a prophecy from someone I do not know. Because the "Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." I Thess 5:20-21 Once a prophesy is given, some additional steps are needed to prove all things such as:
-checking it against Scripture (Acts 17:11),
-asking The Holy Spirit and hearing His voice for ourselves, confirmation (Matt 18:16; II Cor 13:1; Acts 9;9-19 especially v 10-12)
-spiritual discernment (I John 4, I Cor 12)
Same method applies to sermons "And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so." Acts 17:10-11

#4 is a word of wisdom because only Yahweh knows the future. Sometimes these include the word "if." If we do x, He will do x. Ever notice how many "if's" are in Scripture?
"Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven." Matt 18:19
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." I Joh 1:9
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me." Rev 3:20 ++++

• Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟988,011.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
3. Someone prophesied over you (or gave an interpretation or shared a word of knowledge that contained) details that they could not naturally know
Yes actually, received in peace, told to no one before nor after, then, beginning a year or so after I began to see it's personal development. May I say, an unspoken development was entrusted to me and I'll leave it at that.

Upvote 0