Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Allow me to offer this perspective then. It's not that Jesus quits reigning altogether at some point, it's that He quits reigning in the sense having to do with judgment, etc. After everyone has been cast into the LOF that are going to be cast in there, why would Jesus need to continue reigning forever as judge and jury of those that end up lost? There would be no such thing as that ever happening again once the GWTJ is over. He still reigns forever and ever though, just not in a sense having to do with judgment and the dealing with enemies of God, etc.
I have to disagree with you there on the idea of Jesus quitting his reign. I think the point you're trying to make is that he will no longer need to be a judge and execute judgement but he will still be reigning as Lord over all.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that people identify with a label and allow a label to dictate their beliefs and unable to see things objectively. The answer to all of these questions is no and its just basic easy to answer questions.

I will ask you this question. Is the new Jerusalem descending upon the earth after it is recreated or before?

As to your question, it all depends on how you look at it. I tend to see the recreation of the earth as a process, and not that it's recreated instantaneously. When God initially created things in the beginning, He made a process out of it and not that He did all of those things in a snap of a finger. I'm certain He could have done all of that in a snap of a finger if He had chosen to do so. But He didn't choose to do so.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have to disagree with you there on the idea of Jesus quitting his reign. I think the point you're trying to make is that he will no longer need to be a judge and execute judgement but he will still be reigning as Lord over all.

That's the exact point I was trying to make. You nailed it. Did you not see where I also clearly indicated He reigns forever and ever, regardless?

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As to your question, it all depends on how you look at it. I tend to see the recreation of the earth as a process, and not that it's recreated instantaneously. When God initially created things in the beginning, He made a process out of it and not that He did all of those things in a snap of a finger. I'm certain He could have done all of that in a snap of a finger if He had chosen to do so. But He didn't choose to do so.

When he first created the earth there is a reason he did it in 6 days and rested the 7th. He could have done it in 2 seconds. But we would not have a 7 day week if it was not God establishing this at creation. There is no reason for him to make a process out of the recreation and it is not implied in scripture.

However, that does not really answer the question. Even if you believe it is a process, what do you feel is the answer?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I noticed that you answered maybe to number 6. I don't see how though. That would indicate there are future bodily risings from the dead throughout the thousand years since it is those bodily rising from the dead who have part in the first resurrection then reign with Christ a thousand years. Resurrections throughout the thousand years might possibly work for a position such as Amil, since their position involves spiritual resurrections and not bodily ones. Can't see it working out if someone is Premil though.
My thinking is that there will be people born during the thousand years, and of them that received the gospel would reign with Christ, albeit not in their incorruptible bodies which they would receive in the Great White Throne judgment.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When he first created the earth there is a reason he did it in 6 days and rested the 7th. He could have done it in 2 seconds. But we would not have a 7 day week if it was not God establishing this at creation. There is no reason for him to make a process out of the recreation and it is not implied in scripture.

However, that does not really answer the question. Even if you believe it is a process, what do you feel is the answer?

Obviously the NJ descends on a recreated earth. It says so right in the first verse and 2nd verse of Revelation 21.

• Agree
Reactions: PROPHECYKID
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
the 1000 years = Satan bound from deceiving the elect. The saints rule over him. the 1000 years end = Satan loosed.
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Eisegesis noted.

1484 ἔθνος ethnos eth’-nos

does not equal

1588 ἐκλεκτός eklektos ek-lek-tos’

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

Eisegesis noted.

1484 ἔθνος ethnos eth’-nos

does not equal

1588 ἐκλεκτός eklektos ek-lek-tos’
You need to balance this with the rest of scripture on the matter.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
You need to balance this with the rest of scripture on the matter.
Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

It was only out of consideration.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that people identify with a label and allow a label to dictate their beliefs and unable to see things objectively. The answer to all of these questions is no and its just basic easy to answer questions.

I will ask you this question. Is the new Jerusalem descending upon the earth after it is recreated or before?

Can you answer any of the 6 questions I posed in the OP? Afterall, I asked them for a reason, that reason being so that we can maybe try and determine which period of time the thousand years fits better in. If some reading this thread answer yes to any of those questions, I would like to know why they do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Re 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

It was only out of consideration.
Read Jesus on the Kingdom, then Revelation. It's the only safe way.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My thinking is that there will be people born during the thousand years, and of them that received the gospel would reign with Christ, albeit not in their incorruptible bodies which they would receive in the Great White Throne judgment.

Well who will be making these people? Do you believe the second coming of Jesus happens before the 1000 years begins?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Read Jesus on the Kingdom, then Revelation. It's the only safe way.
I totally agree. However, when words stop meaning what they say in one place, it's a slippery slope how it applied by others elsewhere.

Upvote 0

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you answer any of the 6 questions I posed in the OP? Afterall, I asked them for a reason, that reason being so that we can maybe try and determine which period of time the thousand years fits better in. If some reading this thread answer yes to any of those questions, I would like to know why they do.

You must not have read my answer. Let me quote myself "The answer to all of these questions is no and its just basic easy to answer questions."

So my answer is no to all 6.

But don't you think Revelation 21: 1 and 2 answers the question I asked you?

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I totally agree. However, when words stop meaning what they say in one place, it's a slippery slope how it applied by others elsewhere.
Jesus tells us how to interpret the symbols of Revelation. They are not literal, but symbolic.

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You must not have read my answer. Let me quote myself "The answer to all of these questions is no and its just basic easy to answer questions."

So my answer is no to all 6.

But don't you think Revelation 21: 1 and 2 answers the question I asked you?

Sorry about that. I don't know how I missed that? Maybe the same way you missed me saying Jesus reigns forever and ever, regardless. :)

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And you should at least try and answer some if not all of those 6 questions I posed in the OP. That would be a good start. :)

If you are asking questions about a symbolic chapter from the Book of Revelation to prove a viewpoint that only works by ignoring the questions I posed from other parts of the New Testament, then you are wasting time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Some think it's meaning in this age and that it's not a literal thousand years. Others believe it happens in the next age after Christ has returned.

Maybe what needs to be figured out first, what can occur during the thousand years and what can't.

I would like to pose some questions then.

1----can satan deceive any nations during the thousand years?

2----can satan wage war with anyone during the thousand years?

3----can saints be persecuted and killed during the thousand years?

4----can satan continue to do what is said of him in 1 Peter 5:8, during the thousand years?

5----does satan still act as god of this world during the thousand years, where he can still continue to blind the minds of them which believe not?

6----can anyone begin reigning with Christ after the fact, meaning they weren't yet reigning with Him when the thousand years initially began, but begin reigning with Him at some future point during the thousand years?

If you were to ask a Premil all 6 of these questions, I'm pretty sure all would be in full agreement about the answers. The answers to all 6 questions being no. But not everyone is Premil though.

1----can satan deceive any nations during the thousand years?
No.
2----can satan wage war with anyone during the thousand years?
Maybe the inhabitants of the abyss.
3----can saints be persecuted and killed during the thousand years?
Since God is ruling the earth, no.
4----can satan continue to do what is said of him in 1 Peter 5:8, during the thousand years?
8 ¶ Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
No, he is chained and sealed, cannot do anything. (therefore drink and be merry.)

5----does satan still act as god of this world during the thousand years, where he can still continue to blind the minds of them which believe not?
No

6----can anyone begin reigning with Christ after the fact, meaning they weren't yet reigning with Him when the thousand years initially began, but begin reigning with Him at some future point during the thousand years?
Maybe.

Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Jesus tells us how to interpret the symbols of Revelation. They are not literal, but symbolic.
Kindly advise the passage you are referring to that equates the nations to the elect.

Upvote 0