Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Almost the only thing I agree with you on LOL!
Shabbat Shalom! ;-)

(Note to self - agrees with me that they can't answer the question and they don't listen anyways. Interesting!)

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
(Note to self - agrees with me that they can't answer the question and they don't listen anyways. Interesting!)

I was saying I agree with your note to yourself that YOU can't answer the question and don't listen anyways :)

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I was saying I agree with your note to yourself that YOU can't answer the question and don't listen anyways :)

I stand corrected. That was actually directed at you guys. I was not clear enough in the language I used. My apologies for the confusion.

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And I never denied there was a 7th day sabbath. I stand firm on my belief that there are 2 sets of sabbaths. A 7th day one that was fulfilled in Christ - because yes - that one was made for Him; who now instituted the 1st day sabbath.
This was already addressed by myself and others. Will you respond to the points made against such an idea?

Mat 28:1 GNT TR οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιαν σαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον

We have already pointed out that Jesus died upon the 14th (6th day of the week, preparation day in the 1st month Abib) as the Passover (1 Cor. 5:7), and that the next day following (15th of Abib) was the 7th day the sabbath of the LORD thy God (Exo. 20:8-11; Luk. 23:54,56, 'according to the commandment'), and so also a festival sabbath (being the 1st day of unleavened bread; Lev. 23:7-8; 1 Cor. 5:6-8) upon the same day. Thus creation and redemption meet together forever there. Upon the 6th day of the week Jesus was "finished" (laying the foundation stone of the temple, Himself, the perfect character, that we as lively stones would be built upon Him, a living temple built without hand of men, but by God Himself) and entered into His rest, the 7th Day, as He had done at Creation. The day following (16th of Abib) was the day of firstfruits (not a sabbath; see also 1 Cor. 15:20,23), being on the first day of the week. This came after the sabbaths (plural; 7th day and first festal day of unleavened) were over, hence in the end of the sabbaths (οψε δε σαββατων), and the next phrase speaks of the (εις μιαν σαββατων), which is read as into/towards (heis) first (mian) sabbaths (sabbatwn), which can be taken several ways which are not conflicting (1) first day of the week (because it was the 16th day of Abib, the day which followed the 7th day (15th of Abib)), the first day between 'sabbaths' (as like Isa. 66:23), and/or (2) the first day counting into the feast of weeks (which is what firstfruits is), into the 7 sabbaths of feast of weeks/Pentecost (Lev. 23:15-22), (3) or first day toward the next immediate two sabbaths (the following 7th day, being the 22nd of Abib, Exo. 20:8-11) and the day just before, being the final festal sabbath of the feast of unleavened bread (Lev. 23:8), upon the 21st of Abib, which was a festal sabbath. All three are congruent and correct together or separately.

There is no way that the koine Greek says that the first day (of the week) was a sabbath, and one may ask anyone who actually reads and translates koine Greek. in fact, the English translations, and other language translations have been provided for you already on that. They do not agree with your private interpretation at all. That ought to be a red-flag to you, and to take seriously that your ideology is in error, and needs to be corrected, for you fight against not us, but against the Bible itself, against all of the translators, against the koine Greek language and against common sense. Please re-consider.

Let's look at this yet again, from a deeper language level, and this time provide the Strong's numbering and Robinson's Morphological Analysis codes. Notice the masculine and feminine:

Mat 28:1 οψεG3796 ADV δεG1161 CONJ σαββατωνG4521 N-GPN τηG3588 T-DSF επιφωσκουσηG2020 V-PAP-DSF ειςG1519 PREP μιανG1520 A-ASF σαββατωνG4521 N-GPN ηλθενG2064 V-2AAI-3S μαριαG3137 N-NSF ηG3588 T-NSF μαγδαληνηG3094 N-NSF καιG2532 CONJ ηG3588 T-NSF αλληG243 A-NSF μαριαG3137 N-NSF θεωρησαιG2334 V-AAN τονG3588 T-ASM ταφονG5028 N-ASM

"mian" (first) is an 'Adjective - Accusative Singular Feminine'

"sabbatwn" (sabbaths) is an 'Noun - Genitive Plural Neuter'

This means that "first" (mian, feminine singular) does not modify "sabbaths" (sabbatwn, neuter plural), but instead modifies the assumed noun "day" (feminine, singular), even as we would speak in English today, "I'll see you on the 4th (day)". "Day" (ημεραG2250 N-DSF) is assumed.

To read it (Mat. 28:1b) as "into first sabbaths", is very harsh English, and wouldn't make much sense to English speakers, since even the words "day", "of", "the" are not present at all. In fact, I do not know of a case in the NT koine Greek, where the word "day" ([h]emera) is used alongside the word 'sabbath', since the sabbath is already known to be the 7th day (Exo. 20:8-11; Gen. 2:1-3). It (the word day) is assumed in each place.

So yeah, I know you think I'm condemned and what ever; but hey, I frankly don't care what you think.
I actually think you are very confused on this subject, and need to properly go back and consult persons who actually read and translate koine Greek, since you refuse to read the plain English. I would warn you of the Alexandrian mindset, and also more specifically share in love, that you need to be careful not to wage war against the truth, and facts as demonstrated, but humble yourself, and go to God, asking to be cleansed of all false theology, for ultimately it will be no good to reject light when it comes.

This is your decision however.

Sorry to have bothered you all with my posts. I've learned my lesson now, not to respond to these threads.
You are not a bother, so long as you stay within the bounds of the topic of OP, and take what we say seriously, and study the matter out, before simply replying without evidences stronger than what we have presented to you.

Let your 'Yea, be yea', for if you say you are not going to further respond, then do not do so again, for to say one thing, and do another, is bearing false witness, and breaking your word, and this becomes hypocrisy, right?, and so as some advice, in love, do not be a double minded person. It is your decision to stay or go, and if you say you will go, then go, for no one keeps you here, and if you desire to stay, then please address what we share specifically. Consider the points made against your ideology on Mat. 28:1, specifically. It is not a good sign, to refuse to acknowledge points which are valid, which counter something previously held. It is better to have said (believed) something in error and be corrected, than to say something in error and stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it. This is not about points gained, but about truth itself. I love the Truth, and what we are dealing with is matters of eternal things, and so we need to be of a serious prayerful mind about it. God's words are nothing to trifle with.

As stated, I (we) cannot make you do anything. However, we have provided much evidence to you. The ball is in your court as the proverb goes.

Upvote 0

The Righterzpen

Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
This was already addressed by myself and others. Will you respond to the points made against such an idea?

Mat 28:1 GNT TR οψε δε σαββατων τη επιφωσκουση εις μιαν σαββατων ηλθεν μαρια η μαγδαληνη και η αλλη μαρια θεωρησαι τον ταφον

We have already pointed out that Jesus died upon the 14th (6th day of the week, preparation day in the 1st month Abib) as the Passover (1 Cor. 5:7), and that the next day following (15th of Abib) was the 7th day the sabbath of the LORD thy God (Exo. 20:8-11; Luk. 23:54,56, 'according to the commandment'), and so also a festival sabbath (being the 1st day of unleavened bread; Lev. 23:7-8; 1 Cor. 5:6-8) upon the same day. Thus creation and redemption meet together forever there. Upon the 6th day of the week Jesus was "finished" (laying the foundation stone of the temple, Himself, the perfect character, that we as lively stones would be built upon Him, a living temple built without hand of men, but by God Himself) and entered into His rest, the 7th Day, as He had done at Creation. The day following (16th of Abib) was the day of firstfruits (not a sabbath; see also 1 Cor. 15:20,23), being on the first day of the week. This came after the sabbaths (plural; 7th day and first festal day of unleavened) were over, hence in the end of the sabbaths (οψε δε σαββατων), and the next phrase speaks of the (εις μιαν σαββατων), which is read as into/towards (heis) first (mian) sabbaths (sabbatwn), which can be taken several ways which are not conflicting (1) first day of the week (because it was the 16th day of Abib, the day which followed the 7th day (15th of Abib)), the first day between 'sabbaths' (as like Isa. 66:23), and/or (2) the first day counting into the feast of weeks (which is what firstfruits is), into the 7 sabbaths of feast of weeks/Pentecost (Lev. 23:15-22), (3) or first day toward the next immediate two sabbaths (the following 7th day, being the 22nd of Abib, Exo. 20:8-11) and the day just before, being the final festal sabbath of the feast of unleavened bread (Lev. 23:8), upon the 21st of Abib, which was a festal sabbath. All three are congruent and correct together or separately.

There is no way that the koine Greek says that the first day (of the week) was a sabbath, and one may ask anyone who actually reads and translates koine Greek. in fact, the English translations, and other language translations have been provided for you already on that. They do not agree with your private interpretation at all. That ought to be a red-flag to you, and to take seriously that your ideology is in error, and needs to be corrected, for you fight against not us, but against the Bible itself, against all of the translators, against the koine Greek language and against common sense. Please re-consider.

Let's look at this yet again, from a deeper language level, and this time provide the Strong's numbering and Robinson's Morphological Analysis codes. Notice the masculine and feminine:

Mat 28:1 οψεG3796 ADV δεG1161 CONJ σαββατωνG4521 N-GPN τηG3588 T-DSF επιφωσκουσηG2020 V-PAP-DSF ειςG1519 PREP μιανG1520 A-ASF σαββατωνG4521 N-GPN ηλθενG2064 V-2AAI-3S μαριαG3137 N-NSF ηG3588 T-NSF μαγδαληνηG3094 N-NSF καιG2532 CONJ ηG3588 T-NSF αλληG243 A-NSF μαριαG3137 N-NSF θεωρησαιG2334 V-AAN τονG3588 T-ASM ταφονG5028 N-ASM

This means that "first" (mian, feminine singular) does not modify "sabbaths" (sabbatwn, neuter plural), but instead modifies the assumed noun "day" (feminine, singular), even as we would speak in English today, "I'll see you on the 4th (day)". "Day" (ημεραG2250 N-DSF) is assumed.

To read it (Mat. 28:1b) as "into first sabbaths", is very harsh English, and wouldn't make much sense to English speakers, since even the words "day", "of", "the" are not present at all. In fact, I do not know of a case in the NT koine Greek, where the word "day" ([h]emera) is used alongside the word 'sabbath', since the sabbath is already known to be the 7th day (Exo. 20:8-11; Gen. 2:1-3). It (the word day) is assumed in each place.

I actually think you are very confused on this subject, and need to properly go back and consult persons who actually read and translate koine Greek, since you refuse to read the plain English. I would warn you of the Alexandrian mindset, and also more specifically share in love, that you need to be careful not to wage war against the truth, and facts as demonstrated, but humble yourself, and go to God, asking to be cleansed of all false theology, for ultimately it will be no good to reject light when it comes.

You are not a bother, so long as you stay within the bounds of the topic of OP, and take what we say seriously, and study the matter out, before simply replying without evidences stronger than what we have presented to you.

Let your 'Yea, be yea', for if you say you are not going to further respond, then do not do so again, for to say one thing, and do another, is bearing false witness, and breaking your word, and this becomes hypocrisy, right?, and so as some advice, in love, do not be a double minded person. It is your decision to stay or go, and if you say you will go, then go, for no one keeps you here, and if you desire to stay, then please address what we share specifically. Consider the points made against your ideology on Mat. 28:1, specifically. It is not a good sign, to refuse to acknowledge points which are valid, which counter something previously held. It is better to have said (believed) something in error and be corrected, than to say something in error and stubbornly refuse to acknowledge it. This is not about points gained, but about truth itself. I love the Truth, and what we are dealing with is matters of eternal things, and so we need to be of a serious prayerful mind about it. God's words are nothing to trifle with.

As stated, I (we) cannot make you do anything. However, we have provided much evidence to you. The ball is in your court as the proverb goes.

Well, we depart on - we disagree. I'm not going to convince you and you are not going to convince me. Simple as that I guess.

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?

So to begin this thread, my leading questions:

God the Father having created the world by Jesus Christ, in 6 days and so rested the 7th day, blessing and sanctifying it, was that 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3 made for Adam, and all mankind in him?

Is Jesus the second 'man', the last 'Adam' according to the scripture?

My third question:

Was the sabbath made for Jesus?

My fourth question:

How long will Jesus remain as He is, when resurrected, with Glorified flesh of mankind?

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

God the Father having created the world by Jesus Christ, in 6 days and so rested the 7th day, blessing and sanctifying it, was that 7th day in Genesis 2:1-3 made for Adam, and all mankind in him?

My third question:

My fourth question:

How long will Jesus remain as He is, when resurrected, with Glorified flesh of mankind?
My fifth question:

What sabbaths is Isaiah specifically speaking about in these verses:

Isa. 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Isa. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet the creation does not "rest" and neither does God.
Messiah said, "Sabbath was made for man." Therefore, the fact that God still rested, ceased from His work, is additional evidence that He was observing Sabbath as a model we can follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yet the passage does not say that. I've clearly demonstrated that.

So, reconcile what ever mindset you follow to what the Scripture actually says; because we are not to compare Scripture to what people in the past thought it meant. We are to compare it to itself.
Actually, it does say that. The "first of the Sabbaths" is the counting of 7 Sabbaths. We not only know this because of other writings, we know this because the Sunday after the Sabbath during Unleavened Bread is the beginning of the count toward Shavuot (Pentecost)... we find this written PLAINLY in Leviticus.

Do not reconcile a 2000-3000 year old ancient near east document with a 21st century Western mindset... reconcile an ancient near east document using a mindset that is more consistent with an ancient near east mindset.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My fifth question:

Isa. 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

Isa. 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
My sixth question:

What "commandment" does Rev. 14:7 specifically refer to when it says, "worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters", as noted among those "commandments" referred to in Rev. 14:12?

Does the Seventh-day Adventist teach that the "commandments" are the Ten Commandments, and that the phrase: "worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters" refers to Exodus 20:11, "For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is" and that the "Mark of the Beast" will be a counterfeit, or substitution of this aspect of God's Law? as the following chart shows?

AWHN-2300-Day-Years-Prophecy-of-Daniel-8-Vs-14-And-Its-Sub-Parts.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My fifth question:

The Sabbath is a sign between God and His Israel (His people) forever... olam.... without end. So even when the Earth is renewed and the curse of sin (death, deterioration) is fully reverses, there will still be a Sabbath as it is well understood that the verses above are Millennial Kingdom or beyond (I say beyond). Just like the Zechariah verses that speak of the nations that came against Jerusalem that will come and keep Sukkot (Tabernacles) and if they don't God will punish them by withholding rain. This hasn't happened yet... so Feasts in the Millennial Kingdom? Yes! Stuff like this is all throughout Scripture. We can prayerfully deal with them, or ignore them or try to explain them away. I, obviously, stand on the side of prayerfully dealing with them. :) Blessings.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Again, you will not convince me and I will not convince you. So we part company here.
I am not trying to convince you, I was pointing out something that has been understood for a very long time but is lost to a Christian identity that has sought to not look too Jewish. Jesus is Jewish, the apostles were Jewish... they were doing Jewish things out of a Jewish book. What you do with that, and how you interpret that, is up to you.

Blessings.
Ken

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
[questions 1-6 here - Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?]

My seventh question:

Genesis 2:1-3 states that God 'rested' on the 'seventh day' at Creation, where in scripture is this fact ever altered, denied, negated, abridged, transposed, abrogated, nullified, morphed, substituted?

In essence, the question is asking about the state of a past event locked into history (like a block chain event so to speak), as any memorial event would be, such as the conquering of the land of Canaan, or the landing at Plymouth Rock, the declaration of Independence, a birthday of a child, the death of a family member, and so on. Additionally we are speaking about that which God did (past tense), and this makes it all the more memorable, right? It is God's rest, from God's work of Creation. How would that ever not be a memorial of what God did?

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My Eighth question:

In three places in scripture, it specifically says, "ten commandments" (Exo. 34:28; Deut. 4:13, 10:4 (good buddy)), does the scripture in any place, from Gen. to Rev., ever specifically say 'nine commandments'?

My Ninth question:

Is sin known by the Law (Rom. 3:20, 7:7; Exo. 24:12), the Ten Commandments, to this day?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You want to argue about details that don't matter. Scripture says Jesus rose from the grave on the first day of the week. Christians celebrate this by assembling on the first day of the week. You don't like this for some reason. If you don't want to assemble with believers on the first day of the week this is your choice. Rom 14 says to allow this and not to condemn another's servant.

Upvote 0

ace of hearts

Nov 15, 2018
west coast
✟39,128.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

My third question:

My fourth question:

Your purpose of the thread is....

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You want to argue about details that don't matter.
Do you believe that Jesus is concerned with the Truth and details?

Joh 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

When Jesus asked a question to get at the details, a reference to the word of God was made, specifically Deut. 6:5; Lev. 19:18,

Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?

Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.

Notice Jesus' answer:

Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

For there is a right answer, and many wrong ones.

Since John 17:17 state that it is truth that sanctifies, it is also conversely true that error does not ever, and cannot sanctify.

My replies, to the previous person, was to correct their error, and mistaken notion, by the word of God.

You are free to accept or reject those replies, but the consequences or results for either decision will follow.

Scripture says Jesus rose from the grave on the first day of the week.
It surely does, but this thread is not about Jesus' resurrection, per se, as it is specific to the Sabbath as the OP title is given. Now, since you have stated (and I agree with the scripture) that Jesus "rose from the grave on the first day of the week", how does that read in koine Greek?

I posted those here - Questions about the Sabbath of the LORD thy God, this subject is interesting don't you think so?

as posted previuosly:

"Matthew 28:1(a) - (Koine Greek) οψε δε σαββατων (Transliterated) oye de sabbatwn

Matthew 28:1(b) - (Koine Greek) εις μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) eiV mian sabbatwn

Mark 16:2 - (Koine Greek) και λιαν πρωι της μιας σαββατων (Transliterated) kai lian prwi ths mias sabbatwn

Mark 16:9 - (Koine Greek) αναστας δε πρωι πρωτη σαββατου (Transliterated) anastas de prwi prwth sabbatou

Luke 24:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn

John 20:1 - (Koine Greek) τη δε μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th de mia twn sabbatwn

John 20:19 - (Koine Greek) τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) th mia twn sabbatwn

Acts 20:7 - (Koine Greek) εν δε τη μια των σαββατων (Transliterated) en de th mia twn sabbatwn

1 Corinthians 16:2 - (Koine Greek) κατα μιαν σαββατων (Transliterated) kata mian sabbatwn"

Which shows demonstrably that the 7th day the sabbath was still, in the NT, by those writers (and some years after the resurrection, and one a gentile (Luke)), the sabbath, and the whole week culminated in it, and that the 'first' day was simply a numeral towards that day, and small part of the creation, of which the sabbath was the finishing seal of, by God., like as unto an Artist who signs His name to that which is completed and finished.

That Jesus rose on 'the first day of the week' is not in question by myself, and it also does not in any way change the 7th day to the first day, nor alter the commandment itself (Exo. 20:8-11), neither does it undo God's rest upon the 7th day from Gen. 2:1-3.

Jesus did many things, many miracles on many differing days. None of those things alters or negates that which is the 7th day, God's sabbath.

Christians celebrate this by assembling on the first day of the week.
If you will consider the historical material in the videos at the OP, you will see that it was not always the case, but came in through centuries and men's tradition.

In the NT itself, I have shown that the disciples met on many days of the week, not merely the first day of the week. I have shown that Jesus met with the disciples on the second day of the week, and on other days, after the resurrection. Yet, they (Jesus, disciples, Jews, etc) all had met on many days of the week prior to Jesus resurrection, as also shown. Wherein does that change, alter, negate God's sabbath rest from Gen., or alter the commandment, etc?

You don't like this for some reason.
I meet with other fellow believers on many days of the week, including on the first day. There is no injunction against meeting on any day. Yet, merely meeting is not what the commandment (Exo. 20:8-11), neither example of God (Gen. 2:1-3) from the beginning exact upon the believer, follower of God.

The commandment and example of God is specific in its matter of 'rest'.

If persons desire to meet on other days of the week, that is their prerogative, but let it not be the substitute for following the commandment and example of God.

If you don't want to assemble with believers on the first day of the week this is your choice.
I do meet with believers on many days of the week, and sometimes every day of the week, depending. That is not the issue, but is rather a distraction to the issue.

Rom 14 says to allow this and not to condemn another's servant.
A servant of God in Romans 14 must obey and follow God, otherwise, it is sin, and causing others to stumble at their disobedience (Rom. 14:13), which is in the context of the Ten Commandments, in Rom. 13:8-10 (specifically citing the second table in "brief", showing that there was more, "any other commandment"). For to "stand" is to live without sin, and to "fall" is to be fallen into sin, 1 John 3:4.

Romans 14 says nothing about the sabbath, neither the first day of the week. What it does say is in regards matters of personal preference to that which is allowed within God's law, not that which is outside of God's law, and the 'days' spoken of therein, deal with days of eating and keeping, or not eating and not keeping, etc, which are fast days, which is what the Pharisaical Jews constantly argued about, in what "man esteems". Compare the words of Rom. 14:5, to Luk. 16;15, for those things which man highly esteems is an abomination in the sight of God, for they negate His Law, to suit their own prejudices.

Sabbath is not in view of Rom. 14, and is not even specifically mentioned in the whole of the chapter, neither in the whole of the book of Romans. What is mentioned is the Law of God, in which is the 4th commandment, being one of the "ten commandments", which is how Paul knew what sin was.

What is amazing, is that those who cite Rom. 14 to be able to keep their 'tradition' (and no commandment day), generally do not give the same leeway to those who acknowledge God's commandment (Exo. 20:8-11) and keep Holy (as commanded) God's rest day, the 7th day, the sabbath of the Lord (Gen. 2:1-3).

Rom. 14 does not even mention 'rest', nor of meeting together in groups. Rom. 14 is speaking of individual matters within the bounds of God's law.

It also refers to "doubtful" things, and the Law of God, and especially the day God rested was never "doubtful" by God's servants, for when God rests, the servants also rest, for the servant is not greater than His Master/Lord, neither the child greater than their Father.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Your purpose of the thread is....
I tried to be as clear as possible on the intent of this thread by the OP title:

So, I have questions, and I think the subject is interesting.

Do you have any questions on this subject, and do you think the subject is interesting? If you do not, why do you stay in this part of the forums, and post so many times in the various threads here, because in so doing, from my perspective this would mean you do have vested interest?

Upvote 0

HeartenedHeart

Apr 2, 2019
Pacific
Visit site
✟11,327.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A person has said, "... No one can obey the law ..." - Link

So my question is, Did Jesus obey the law? or Did Jesus not obey the law?

Followup, If Jesus did obey the law, then why cannot others in like manner as He did? or contrary If Jesus did not obey the law, how then can He be the Saviour from transgression of the law (sin)?

Further follow up, If it is truly that God gave a law that no one can obey, is that a Just God, or an unjust god? However, if God is a Just God, then there is no law that God would give that cannot be obeyed, correct?

Upvote 0