Private
✟13,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder if any of you guys could answer my questions on the Book of Enoch.

Why do the Ethiopians accept a book that seems to implie that Enoch is a divine being called the Son of Man
“13. Then I fell upon my face, while all my flesh was dissolved, and my spirit became changed.
14. I cried out with a loud voice, with a powerful spirit, blessing, glorifying, and exalting.
15. And those blessings, which proceeded from my mouth, became acceptable in the presence of the Ancient of days.
16. The Ancient of days came with Michael and Gabriel, Raphael and Phanuel, with thousands of thousands, and myriads of myriads, which could not be numbered.”
17. Then that angel came to me, and with his voice saluted me, saying, Thou art the offspring of man, who art born for righteousness, and righteousness has rested on thee.
18. The righteousness of the Ancient of days shall not forsake thee.
19. He said, On thee shall he confer peace165 in the name of the existing world; for from thence has peace gone forth since the world was created.
20. And thus shall it happen to thee for ever and ever.
21. All who shall exist, and who shall walk in thy path of righteousness, shall not forsake thee for ever.
22. With thee shall be their habitations, with thee their lot; nor from thee shall they be separated for ever and ever.
23. And thus shall length of days be with the offspring of man.
24. Peace shall be to the righteous; and the path of integrity shall the righteous pursue,166 in the name of the Lord of spirits, for ever and ever.”
Maybe I am just not interpreting it right but I do know that most modern scholars say this verse is about Enoch becoming the divine being that the book calls the Son of Man.

In 1 Enoch 64 it says that Enoch warned Noah of the flood but earlier in Enoch 10:1-3 says that a Angel named Uriel warns Noah but in Genesis it says that God warned him. A bit strange.

In 1 Enoch 68:9-16 it says that fallen angels taught men how to write and it says that men were never supposed to confirm their faith with ink but what about Paul, Moses, Peter, and even this book is claimed to be written by Enoch who is confirming his faith with ink right?

Actually the whole chapter of Enoch 68 is just plain weird and also gives a different list of fallen angels then chapter 7 does.

The part of 1 Enoch called the book of parables seems to have the only major problems I have with this book. Chapters 1-36 called the book of watchers seems to hold up the best and the New Testament seems to allude from it a lot and Jude even quotes it.