Questioning God being just due to Hell

Noah837

Dec 20, 2008
✟9,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You are wrong bible2+, the lake of fire is termination of the soul, not eternal torment. The SMOKE goes up forever and ever, not the literal torment. Anyless, forever and ever means much like a 'times, and a time, and half a time'. It is not eternal. You are right on everything else you've mentioned though. Yahuah who is God does do evil to accomplish his will and uses evil and even satan to do his will which is used for a greater purpose and good and righteous. However evil is not wicked or sin, for too much evil being done without self control leads to sin, thus we should always walk in obedience to Yahusha and his commandments that we do not corrupt ourselves with sin and steer off the narrow path to life. He is the good shepherd who will lead us in the right direction.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Read the prophecies as to what will happen to the land of Edom/Jordan in the\future. God will have indignation against the people there forever. In the OT days the punishment/trouble lasted the whole time that God was angry.
There will be people in the land of Edom, yet no people will pass through it.

What if at the end of Isaiah 66 it is showing that the lake of fire will be used
as a warning of what happens to those who disobey the Almighty God?
There are examples of this in the OT. Punishments at times were stated to be
done certain ways as to warn others that watched.
Yes. To warn them not to attack Israel,

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

An ounce of faith overcomes a ton of fear!
Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I was wrong in my statement in this thread, Jesus himself ointed out to me that I was being judgemental and that I have a problem with pride. So again here I pray to Jesus and ask for forgiveness for bot of these sins, Jesus am I ever sorry about them because I have led others to think the same, here on Christian Forums and I am really sorry for that. Amen

I want to tell you all what Jesus told me, Love on that person anyways, but not their sin, in fact pray for them and ask for them to be so filled with the Love of Jesus so that not only will there be no room for doubt, but at some point they will have no room for other sins, and if you have a close relationship with Jesus , He will point out what those sins are. Because of this I have had a whole change of heart, I may have other problems but I am leaving it in Jesus' hands. I want to show you the lyrics of a beautiful song that I wrote for the Lord:

It is Entitled: The Voice of The Lord

The Voice of The Lord Written by Russ Campbell Final Revision
To the tune of Walking in The Sunshine

Verse 1:

The voice of the Lord is a powerful sound
The voice of the Lord is a wonderful sound
The voice of the Lord is a powerful sound
You are saved by the name of the Lord

Verse 2:

The Word of the Lord is my strength
The Word of the Lord is my sword
The Word of the Lord is my strength
The Word of the Lord is my sword

Verse 3:

When you trust in the Lord, you are saved
When you trust in the Lord, it brings you change

Verse 4:

The Word of the Lord is a two-edged sword
The Word of the Lord is your best friend.

Verse 5:

The safety of the orphans is His concern
The Word of the Lord is your best friend

Verse 6:

The Bible is the Ultimate Word
The Bible is your best friend

Verse 7:

The prayers of the Church are powerful
When you call on the Lord, you are saved

Ending:

When you call on the Lord, you are saved

Russ Campbell

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Please pray for me I have been planning on recording my song to support a pastor who is going over to the Sudan to look for 150 kids (orphans) that are missing from 600 kids in a orphanage that was attacked by government troops

I have been in perfect health and 30 mins after phoning the producer of the music that I am using and setting things up I got hit by blood in my urine all blood I have never had any problems with this before an 2 of the pastors who have been helping me with my writings have been suddenly sick enough to be admitted to hospital I am in the hospital now I think that Satan has been trying to stop all 3 off us. Russ Campbell

• Prayers
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
And he will NOT SUCCEED

I think that because I have been exposing Satan in my writings (all three of them) and then above Satan has been trying to stop all 3 off us there third pastor that I have not yet mentioned preached against Satan in our church and suddenly wound up in hospital for 16 hours so please pray for all 3 off us. I don't know about them head Pastor of this church but he may be under attack too so please pray for him too. Russ Campbell

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Noah837

Dec 20, 2008
✟9,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There will not be eternal torture people. Get that through your thick heads, you are being fed pagan ideologies from the catholic church. After judgement if we did not choose Yahusha and repent and placed our life in him, we reap the second death which is the lake of fire and cease to exist as a reward for our sin in judgment. The lake burns forever, thus forever your soul will be terminated and not be allowed to survive, and be extinguished.

Yahuah our Elohim is love and he will not torture people for all of eternity for rejecting him for that is a petty and cruel thing to do. The wailing and gnashing of teeth the bible mentions is, because of the reality and realization that they will die and be separated from life (Yahuah).

You people need to do more research. Go to Yahuahkingdom.com if you want the truth.

Upvote 0

Noah837

Dec 20, 2008
✟9,001.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In this context, it means spiritually dead, they do not have the spiritual understanding and wisdom of Yahuah, thus they fail to perceive the truth and come to the realization of the deeper meaning to His word. They lack good sense in judgment and in their sin there is corruption. The verse by itself depending on your interpretation can mean an afterlife of where the dead remain but that is not what the verse is saying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟911,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I have some problems. I've been questioning God's justice.

To me, an eternal punishment doesn't seem fair for offenses against God. I get God is eternal, and sinning against an eternal being is graver than sinning against a fellow man. And all sins are against God. But torturing us for trillions of years for messing up once as humans seems insanely harsh to me. I don't get why God even created us if he planned on doing this to the majority of his creations before the world even began, as it says the way to life is narrow and few find it in the Bible. It seems wrong to do this to living beings.

And I also question my salvation because it's hard to say I love God with my whole heart when I think of Him this way.

I don't want to think God treats his creations like this, but I believe in the Bible because most of the evidence I've seen points to it being true. Including talking to people who had demons cast out of them selves in Jesus name.

The doctrine of Hell is what causes me to see God in a bad light. Has anyone else went through this before and how did you come out of this?

So then you don't think that infinite torture is a just reward for finite sin??

Matthew 10:28 "He is able to DESTROY both body AND soul in fiery hell".

Does that sound like "infinite torture and eternal life for both body and soul in fiery hell" to you?

The Bible says Satan himself is turned to ashes "and will be no more" once he suffers the torment of the Revelation 20 "Lake of Fire" -

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
OK praise report within 2 hours of the last urine sample being pure blood it was cleared up some residual blood I had contacted someone half an hour before the 3:30 pm urine sample for spiritual warfare by 5:30 pm it was clear that is divine intervention, as aft 7:30 PM I went again, this time no blood at all, yes a bit of pain but that is due to an infection still being present but not as bad and I had a temperature when I arrived at 12:30 PM ........... Russ Campbell

PS: I am still believing in a divine intervention, I don't think that going from lots of blood to no blood in 2 hours without medication is possible without divine intervention.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Noah837 said in post #61:

. . . the lake of fire is termination of the soul, not eternal torment.

Are you thinking of the following verse?

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell [gehenna].

If so, note that here "destroy" doesn't have to mean annihilate. For the original Greek word (apollumi: G0622) can be used to refer to something simply being ruined (Mark 2:22), yet still existing in its ruined state (cf. Mark 9:45-46).

Also, note that sometime after the future Millennium and Gog/Magog rebellion (Revelation 20:7-10, Ezekiel chapters 38-39), the souls in Hades will be physically resurrected, judged, and cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 20:12-15), which will be the second death (Revelation 21:8). This will be the death of both their resurrected bodies and their souls (Matthew 10:28). And yet, even though they will be dead in both body and soul, their spirits, which are distinct from their bodies and souls (1 Thessalonians 5:23), will remain conscious, and will suffer along with the spirits of Satan and his fallen angels forever (Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11, Matthew 25:41,46, Mark 9:45b-46, Isaiah 66:24).

Also, the future, eternal, conscious suffering of the unsaved mustn't be considered as eternal life, but as an eternal, conscious, ongoing, second death (Revelation 21:8, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11, Mark 9:45b-46).

What is eternally punishing (Matthew 25:46, Revelation 14:10-11) about the "Gehenna" hell (Luke 12:5, Greek) is fire eternally burning the physical body, and worms eternally eating the physical body (Mark 9:46, Isaiah 66:24). The physical bodies of the unsaved in Gehenna need not be exactly like people have now, which don't regenerate parts of themselves if those parts are burned or eaten. For before the unsaved are cast into the Gehenna hell (also called the lake of fire), they will be physically resurrected (Revelation 20:12-15, John 5:29b). And their new, physical resurrection bodies could eternally regenerate parts of themselves whenever those parts are burned or eaten. But then the regenerated parts could be burned or eaten again, only to regenerate again, only to be burned or eaten again, and so on, forever: an everlasting suffering (Revelation 14:10-11).

In Gehenna, the fire will never go out (Mark 9:46). It will never run out of fuel, but will continue to punish the unsaved forever (Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 14:10-11, Revelation 20:10,15). The fact that the fire will already be burning before the physical resurrection bodies of the unsaved are cast into it (Matthew 25:41, Revelation 20:15) means that their bodies won't be the fire's fuel. The fire will have its own source of fuel by which it will burn/punish the unsaved forever (Revelation 14:10-11, Revelation 20:10,15, Matthew 25:41,46, Mark 9:45-46).

The SMOKE goes up forever and ever, not the literal torment.

Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night . . .

Revelation 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever . . .
Revelation 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Anyless, forever and ever means much like a 'times, and a time, and half a time'. It is not eternal.

Matthew 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels . . .
Matthew 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Note that here, in the original Greek, the same word (aionios: G0166) is used to refer to the "everlasting" punishment of the unsaved as is used to refer to the "eternal" life of the saved. So to claim that the everlasting punishment of the unsaved can't be everlasting, but must only be temporary, would suggest that the eternal life of the saved can't be everlasting either, but must also be temporary.

Yahuah who is God does do evil to accomplish his will . . .

Are you thinking of the following verse?

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I YHWH do all these things.

If so, note that here the original Hebrew word (ra: H7451) translated as "evil" can refer to "calamities" (Psalms 141:5b). And in Isaiah 45:7, the reference to darkness can mean literal darkness, like at night (Genesis 1:5). Isaiah 45:7 does not mean that God is responsible for any moral evil or darkness. For everything that he does is perfectly just and right (Deuteronomy 32:4). And he never (as is sometimes claimed) causes anyone to commit sin; he never even tempts anyone to commit sin (James 1:13-17). It is Satan and his fallen angels and demons (Revelation 12:9-12, Revelation 20:10, Matthew 25:41, John 8:44, Zechariah 3:2), and all of us sinful humans, who are responsible for all of the moral evil in the world (1 John 3:8, Acts 26:18, Ephesians 2:2-3, Ephesians 6:11-12). Everyone will be held responsible for his own deeds (Romans 2:6-8).

Upvote 0

Bible2+

Matthew 4:4
Sep 14, 2015
✟91,195.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
vinsight4u said in post #62:

He is a terrible God.

Some people might take that, as the verse quoted below, in the wrong way.

Psalms 47:2 For YHWH most high is terrible . . .

YHWH is a "terrible" God (Deuteronomy 7:21, Psalms 47:2, Psalms 68:35) in the sense that he inspires terror in people (2 Corinthians 5:11). But everything that he does is perfectly just and right (Deuteronomy 32:4). So any terrible thing that he does to people (Psalms 66:3,5, Psalms 76:12, Psalms 145:6) is his righteous judgment and wrath against evil (Romans 2:5, Romans 9:22, Revelation 14:10-11).

Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You guys are all talking about Hell and death and all things negitive, this is what I posted to my mother on Facebook:

• Mom: I have told you why I am taking a stand againts tens of thousands of kids being forced to kill thier parents in Sudan only because they have said something negative against Islam , they are being forced by Government rebels to either KILL thier parents or be KILLED .... I have to wake you up, how would you feel if I was forced by my religion to either KILL you or be KILLED myself for simply saying something negative about Christianity...put yourself in their parents shoes...

• Russ Campbell Mom: if I was ever forced by my religion to either be killed or kill you I would sacrifice myself myself thats how much I love you and when Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross , thats how much He loves YOU He wuld gladly do it for even for YOU even if you were the only one on earth , thats how much he loves you., and Im am crying while I am writing you this thats how much I care and I tell you this if He had to do it again in this fallen world He woul do it again gladly, thats how much He loves he whole world -Russ Campbell
I am ok now I am no longer crying but thats how much I love her, even a non Christian who hates everything I say not only about Jesus but about the Bible too , she does not believe in God or Jesus, Heaven or Hell , Adam and Eve , Mans Fall, the Resurection.... she is so blinded by Satan that she actually hates anything to do with Christiananity and has threatened to have me committed to mental hospital if I do not stop spreading the word, and one of the nurses at the retirement home that I live in agrees with her she is in the opinion that I have gone off my rocker because I am writing about Christianity and lets not forget spreading the word. for a while I hid it from her by putting all of my writings in a private Christian group but a lot of people left the group simply because it was private, I moved all of my messages to my public timeline and I am ready for a Holy War against her and that nurse and possibly my psych, I am hoping it does not go that far but I am ready and I have Jesus behind me , Satan cannot possibly win.. and when I told her about how I was healed today, she would not even hear of it, if the above does not reach her than nothing will, its that simple.... Russ Campbell

PS: I tell you all now: Jesus is a God of Love , not hatred like some of you are spreading here... yes Jesus wil send those that do not Love Him to the Lake of Fire to burn forever, but He will GREATLY CRY when He does it, that is how much He loves us, in fact I know He will weep bitterly for each soul lost in the Lake Of Fire. so the answer is to Love Jesus (or God) , but when Jesus said God he really meant Himself, to love Him with all of your might, and all of your strength and all of your heart. The second commandment is equally important: Love your Neighbour as yourself... if you do this and repent of your sins and really mean it , I mean with tears in your eyes, not fake tears but REAL tears , then you will be saved from the Lake of Fire. At that point your name will be written in the book of The Lamb, and its is simple ALL OF THOSE WHO DO NOT HAVE THIER NAME WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF TH LAMB WILL PERISH. My tears were real when I wrote that letter to my Mother, who hates Christianity, if they are so real to me that I bawled tears when wrting it and after wring it for at least 5 mins the can't some of you extend that love to non-Christians AND MUSLUMS , love them not thier religion, show them the love that I showed my Mother, even though she is threaening to have me committed if I do not stop talking religion especally to her
but I still love her enough that if I was forced by christianity to either Kill her or be killed , I would sacrifice myself for her.... that is love, and if you too will do that for someone who is your enemy then Jesus will honor all of you who are doing for that, cause it is His way. He set an example for us, its His Father who cannot stand sin at all, why do you think He said "Father: why have you forsaken me" just before He died on the cross, His Father simply could not look at Him because He had the whole world's sins upon Him", if the Father could not look at His Son at that moment how much will he not be able to look at you if you reject Jesus? If you accept Jesus the Father simply will not see any sin in you, that is why Jesus died on the cross an drose again.
Just think about it if only the world would do that (show love for each other) there would be NO Hatred, NO wars, NO poverty (because we would make sure that noone would be in poverty), but lets face it, this world is not like that, there are killings going on in the Sudan by children against thier parents for simply saying something negative about Islam, imagine if Christianity was that way, if children were forced to either kill their parents or be killed themselves simply because their parents said something negative about Christianity, think about how you and your parents would think about this if it ever happened, and both were placed in that prediciment. And I just got news about Justin Trudeau embracing Isis in Canada , I do not know if it is true or not but I will look on Google and see what they say, and yes they are fairly accurate about Good and Bad News and can usually tell you if something is a hoax (I am hoping it is) because millions of people are asking the same questions.... One thing is for sure STOP SPREADING YOU NEGATIVITY ABOUT HELL it only comes from Satan, think about it if Satan has already infiltrated the churches, causing petty bickering and division when we should all be united, Satan does not want that and he is doing it all of the time, just look at all of the comments here on Christian Forums and you will see all of his fingerprints all over the entire site. The good news is that God (Jesus again) is aways in control, no matter what we hear on the news (and it is all bad news , good news does not sell), Jesus is aways creating new life to balance out all of the death and murder in this fallen world, and He will always be in complete control. Don't forget Jesus defeated Satan not on the cross, but when He rose again.... Russ Campbell and yes I can see all of these things oing on here and I AM NOT blinded by Satan, yes He is trying to stop me because I am all of a sudden tying to show LOVE not hatred, and yes even I am guilty of doing that and not only can I see hatred and Satans fingerprints all over this site and many more , but I can see it in myself after a little while so my writings have been a journey as I have writte all of my thoughts down here o Christian Forums and I can see myself getting better and better through all of my writings, examine them and see where I have made errors and have suddenly today had a whole change of heart. My outlook on all of you has changed to one of love , when it used to be in some places hatred (that too came from Satan, but Jesus is triumphing in me)...thanks for listening to a young mans ravings ..... Your loving Brother in

Update after searching through Google this is what I found:

This is happening in Canada: a free country: Liberals mum on Trudeau’s mosque visit

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Russ Campbell

Site Supporter
Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
✟93,154.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I can see all of satans effects here in all of the writings that either I have posted or what I have seen of what you all have posted, call it a gift , call it a curse (but I think it is a gift, Satan may have some effect on me but because I wrote all of my thoughts down here , I can see later on where Satan has even touched me and I am not a prophet , I am not any type of messenger, I am a simple man simply because I can write down my thoughts and after I was healed today (read my post about it), suddenly I can see it as plain as day, even in my own writings.... if I can see it in my own writings and see it in yours then there is something going on here but I will expose it for what it is even in my own writings as I go through them and point out where I was wrong remember in one of my posts I said I asked in prayer for The Wisdom of The Holy Spirit, I believe that Jesus is giving me only wha I can handle BUT I AM growing especially in Him.... Your Loving Brother in Christ and I mean it....and I have Anie to thank for a lot of it, you don't know her but she is a dear sister to me bacause Jesus used her to point out that I was writing a some of my thoughts in anger and I thank her for pointing this out and I also thank Jesus for setting me free from it and I repent right now of anger OH Jesus how sorry I am for misleading the flock here on Christian Forums and I will never do it again , thanks again Jesus for setting me free....

Upvote 0