• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

question

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by StillGods, Jul 19, 2021.

1. StillGods

StillGods Well-Known Member

+1,544
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    do you think you can 'catch' an anointing from a person or group that God is very honestly using to extend His Kingdom, by visiting that group hoping to catch some of it.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. HTacianas

HTacianas Well-Known Member

+6,432
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I only know of one example of that and it is found at Acts 4. The apostles were assembled and speaking to a group of men. The apostles prayed and the men received the Holy Spirit. All other cases of receiving the Holy Spirit were done by the laying on of the apostles' hands. Even in that case only the apostles were able to do it. Read the account of Philip and the men of Samaria. Philip was in fact used by God to spread His kingdom but Philip was not able to grant the men the gift of the Holy Spirit. He had to send for Peter and John to do it.

So you should be careful as to who it is you are hoping to "catch" something from and what exactly it is you are in fact "catching".

3. Pavel Mosko

Pavel Mosko Arch-Dude of the Apostolic Supporter

+4,058
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    Actually the old Testament gives a great example of this with king Saul and his men. I thought their might be another example of people prophesying when they are around the company of prophets...

1 Samuel 10

1 Samuel 19:19-21

19 Word came to Saul: “David is in Naioth at Ramah”; 20 so he sent men to capture him. But when they saw a group of prophets prophesying, with Samuel standing there as their leader, the Spirit of God came on Saul’s men, and they also prophesied. 21 Saul was told about it, and he sent more men, and they prophesied too. Saul sent men a third time, and they also prophesied.

PS - this also fits in with other scenes in the OT that are thematically different like Moses face glowing after spending 40 days on the mountain top with God. There is a certain theme of things that are holy are things that are associated with God. And basically that Shekinah glory sort of "rubs off on you" so to speak when you are around holy places, people etc.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  4. Maria Billingsley

Maria Billingsley Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,801
    United States
    Christian
    In Relationship
    Do you mean recieve His Holy Spirit through the laying on of hands?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  5. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+2,352
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Kind of. I'm not sure I'd use the word "catch". Pavel gave a perfect example. I tend to teach it as more of an "atmosphere" Saul got in the atmosphere of prophecy and he prophesied. I don't think you can gain a gift or an anointing you never possessed before, however I think being in an atmosphere and observing the gifts & anointings of others in action can sometimes "unlock" things that where always there, but we were unaware of before then.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. StillGods

StillGods Well-Known Member

+1,544
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Private
    not really, more where God is doing something and a person is around that.

7. Michael Collum

Michael Collum Everything began with a voice, use yours Supporter

+5,577
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Catching the anointing is one thing, but learning to be "the catch" is another.

8. tturt

tturt Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,437
    Non-Denom
    Married
    'For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." Matt 18:20

Acts 10:44 "While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word."

There's also the doctrine of laying on hands-

"Of 'the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment." Heb 6:2

For healing:
    - -'"They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:18

Receive the Holy Ghost and gifts.
    - "Then laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost." Acts 8:17
    - " Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." I Tim 4

Bless those going into ministry or being sent out -
    "And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the Lord commanded Moses." God had told Moses to lay hands on Joshua . (Deu 39).
    -'And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their hands on them, they sent them away." Acts 13

This is very important "Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins: keep thyself pure." I Tim 5:22 That works both ways - those laying hands on others or on the receiving end.

neither be partaker of other men's sins -
    There was a transference of sins such as "And Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat, and confess over him all the iniquities of the children of Israel, and all their transgressions in all their sins, putting them upon the head of the goat, and shall send him away by the hand of a fit man into the wilderness:" Lev 16

Today some teach repentance after salvation isn't necessary which is not Biblical. Luk 11, Rev 2 and 3 state otherwise.. The high priest addressed his sins first before he ministered to the people.
    -"'But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:" Heb 9:7
    - "And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel." Lev 16:17

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  9. bèlla

bèlla ma belle vie Supporter

+13,503
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You're spot on. :)

I experienced this in a sewing class. It didn't happen in the company of beginners. We're just getting started. When the class ended my instructor moved me up to the advanced session. I wasn't qualified to be in the group. I only had one project under my belt.

But something happened when I joined them. My instructor is walking out her purpose and my classmates were more experienced and believers. And the gift came out in that setting. I knew things I couldn't know instinctively. I possessed a knowing about garment construction although I wasn't experienced.

It's the result of the anointing. I'm called to fashion and everything I do related to it has an extra oomph. Not only in proficiency. But also in understanding. Suffice to say I get it. I've seen the same in other areas of gifting. I'm operating at a different frequency. Its amplified when I'm in the company of those doing the same. I'm not catching what they have. We're igniting one another.

~bella

10. Michael Collum

+5,577
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    Igniting one another, perhaps one day I'll meet a group like that.

11. bèlla

bèlla ma belle vie Supporter

+13,503
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Ask the Lord to build your connections. He'll do it. :)

~bella

12. Michael Collum

+5,577
    Canada
    Christian Seeker
    Married
    That is true, I'll trust. Thanks.

13. topher694

topher694 Go Turtle!

+2,352
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Cool. If I recall you've posted drawings here before, right? There really good!

14. jiminpa

jiminpa Senior Member Supporter

+439
    Charismatic
    In Relationship
    US-Others
    Being around people who operate in the same gifts we have can be infectious, I think by spirit and by encouragement. I also think that the converse is true, unbelief can be infectious, and from my observations what calls itself the church has mastered unbelief, and that saddens me.

15. ARBITER01

ARBITER01 Legend

+844
    United States
    Pentecostal
    Single
    US-Constitution
    No.

You can be in a job or position that you are extremely blessed beyond measure from GOD, but the anointing is not the 4th member of the GODHEAD that floats around and lands upon someone every once in a while.