inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i play games like witcher 3 with witches and need for speed with cars or call of duty with war but i wanna know whens a good time to turn it off to sleep as i wanna get my sleep in order

ps. dont get angry for me playing those kind of game i dont feel conflict for playing nor bad for i enjoy it so yea

Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Medics etc say give your self a minmium of an hour before going to bed of no computor game time.

So shut it down, have a cup of tea, read a book or do some bible study before going for a shower and bed.
nice nd got told mxed messges is it true if we dont feel guilty or bd for plying gme its oky s i ply witcher with witches that protect humans and i dont feel one bit bad about it

Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
i play games like witcher 3 with witches and need for speed with cars or call of duty with war but i wanna know whens a good time to turn it off to sleep as i wanna get my sleep in order

ps. dont get angry for me playing those kind of game i dont feel conflict for playing nor bad for i enjoy it so yea

You're coming to Christians for advice and so their advice is going to be of a Christian sort. In my case, this means I'm going to direct you to Scripture in answer to your question which condemns the sorts of occult, demonic, violent games you're playing. If you want to live as a Christian, if you want to know and walk with God, you must live a holy life (Hebrews 12:14; 2 Corinthians 7:1), forsaking those things God calls evil. So, a good time to turn off the video games is right now. Turn off the games and turn on to Christ.

Ephesians 5:8-12
8 For you were sometimes darkness, but now are you light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

I'm not angry with you for playing video games, only concerned. God promises that we reap death of some kind whenever we disobey Him (Romans 6:23; James 1:15); death of joy, of peace, of contentment and, worst of all, death of fellowship with God.

It doesn't matter what you may or may not feel about sin. Sin is sin regardless of your feeling. The human conscience is easily warped, and seared, and made unable to properly direct a person morally. This is why God tells us in His word what is morally right and morally wrong - if not in specific command, then in principle. And what He says is wrong is wrong no matter how you might feel about it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟74,229.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
w
You're coming to Christians for advice and so their advice is going to be of a Christian sort. In my case, this means I'm going to direct you to Scripture in answer to your question which condemns the sorts of occult, demonic, violent games you're playing. If you want to live as a Christian, if you want to know and walk with God, you must live a holy life (Hebrews 12:14; 2 Corinthians 7:1), forsaking those things God calls evil. So, a good time to turn off the video games is right now. Turn off the games and turn on to Christ.

Ephesians 5:8-12
8 For you were sometimes darkness, but now are you light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.

I'm not angry with you for playing video games, only concerned. God promises that we reap death of some kind whenever we disobey Him (Romans 6:23; James 1:15); death of joy, of peace, of contentment and, worst of all, death of fellowship with God.

It doesn't matter what you may or may not feel about sin. Sin is sin regardless of your feeling. The human conscience is easily warped, and seared, and made unable to properly direct a person morally. This is why God tells us in His word what is morally right and morally wrong - if not in specific command, then in principle. And what He says is wrong is wrong no matter how you might feel about it.
with the ge its not witches tht get me to play it the beautiful graphics and helping humanity tht i enjoy and we get to join bard college

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,988.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

You should probably go to sleep when you feel tired.

Otherwise it depends on your responsibilities the following day. If you are a legal adult then this is just a matter of your own personal decision making--do what's best for you and only you really know what's best in that case. If you happen to be younger and still in your parents care--well, they set the rules, and so you should follow their rules and guidelines.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

K2K

Jul 21, 2010
✟50,646.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
w

with the ge its not witches tht get me to play it the beautiful graphics and helping humanity tht i enjoy and we get to join bard college

God is spirit, but He is not the only spirit. It is written that He put before us good and evil, choose good.

So the question before us all is choosing good. And if we are all dealing with spirits, what is a witch? It is not someone that choose evil and influence evil spirits were putting on them.

Paul explained that we find the presence of evil in us, and also that we find the word of God in our heart. So both are found influencing us in us. So why are you asking when you should turn off the game if you yourself don't see a problem with in you.

Paul wrote that he did the very things he did not want to do, but if not him then sin(evil) in him. That is what we all find and doesn't it correspond to the question in the OP. So Jason is not different from Paul, or any of us. The battle is within. We all need to consider this, which is the reason for the question, is it not? Jason is considering the battle inside and looking for answers.

This is where the Lord our God comes in. He has the answers for all of us, but do we see Him by faith and listen to our heart, or even the words in our mouth, which are the two places the word of God is found.

So hear is my advice to Jason and to each of us. That we seek the Lord Jesus Christ and ask Him our questions of great importance; like when we need to turn off certain things in our lives. Then since we are now asking and seeking Him, we need also to listen to our heart and even what we are saying.

What is being said in the OP? Isn't there the recognition that someone is having trouble turning off a game. So he doesn't want to play too long, but he finds himself playing too long. He is doing the very thing he does not want to do, so that is not him doing it but the presence of evil in him. So he is not different that Paul, who wrote much of the New Testament. But that is not all found in him, because he is seeking advice from the body of Christ, and yet the word of God is found in his heart. He knows he need to play less. That is on his heart and coming off his lips (writings). That is the message to him from our Lord. So like written, he has both good and evil before him and he needs to choose good - play less. Still the choice is his. Choose good. Play less. Close it down earlier, like the Lord has already put on your heart and stop listening to the one who wants you to play more so that your sleep is interrupted. Don't do that because I tell you, but because the Lord has already told you.

You had the answer already given to you by God. It is usually like that for all of us. The real question is: are we going to choose good or evil!!

Upvote 0