Visit site
✟16,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Do any of you other striving writers have a problem with writing the actual plot of the story?

I know the story should follow the plot, but let me put it this way: my problem is jumping to the action parts of the story and not focusing enough on character development or insight.

So...I guess my question has nothing to do with the plot at all. :p

Thanks for your feedback!

Tariel

Reader-Writer-Editor
Apr 25, 2005
✟68,827.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love the character development side of things, so I suppose I have the opposite problem, but I do know that it's important to have both. It's something I'm working on, and it's a struggle to sit down and write the parts I don't really want to. It's a process.

Upvote 0

Flayer of Falacies
Aug 24, 2005
Somewhere between Bliss and Misery...
✟383.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I actually write better action when it's the bare-bones description that screenwriting demands: when it's just prose, it's not so much action-packed as a convoluted mess.

So far as plot goes, I do in fact have a hard time sticking to one set plan. It's hard to be so rigid. I find it useful, however, if my story has a moral, theme, or point to it that is central and integral to everything that is going on, and a plot just kind of magically forms around that as I write. I find both the freedom and the straightforwardness I need to keep going with that plan...

...but not everyone writes like I do. *shrug*

Upvote 0