nestoj

Feb 14, 2007
Niš
✟11,731.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Sometimes I think most of the humanity is acting schizophrenically: hurry up, produce, produce, the market has to be saturated, faster... Thus we, these days, have denominational market, serial production of denominations and, of course, the buyers of the Truth.

God helps

Upvote 0

Machachachi

Becoming Orthodox
Nov 18, 2003
NE
✟8,347.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
If you don't mind me butting into this, as a Protestant, I cannot begin to describe how hard it is to move between churches, its always like a crap shoot, I mean typically the basics are secure, and by basics I do mean basics, like Christ was a real person who did real things, but even from that simple start various churches can differ so wildly its obnoxious and very frustrating.

For instance, as a Protestant I am generally in the minority when it comes to things like Baptism, I believe it actually DOES something rather than just symbolizes your relationship with God, but most churches I go to hardly even do communion at times, and the various other things they believe about God are always different. For people who are Sola Scriptura I wonder about what Bible they actually read at times.

I wonder what it must feel like for an unbeliever at times, where one church might as well just be a once a week get together where people put on smiling faces for an hour or so, and other churches people are falling down and doing the twist on the floor. I've been to both kinds of churches and they distinctly lack authenticity especially to my spirit. I mean don't get me wrong, I've definitely been to Protestant services where I felt were truly honoring to God, but sadly that's the exception rather than the rule.

I feel like so many Protestants are stuck on trying to figure out what they believe about God that they can never move onto doing something about it. And it does become a kind of schizophrenia because if your church splits, which is not an uncommon occurrence, then you have to go somewhere new and learn their doctrine, and usually just when you started getting comfortable with the people around you.

Given this is my personal experience, I know people who have been going to the same church for years and never had an issue. I just think the Protestant Tradition as a whole lacks unity, in fact it never started with unity, so how can we expect it to lead to unity?

It grieves my spirit honestly.

Upvote 0

Michael G

Abe Frohmann
Feb 22, 2004
Six-burgh, Pa
Visit site
✟95,591.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think all the different denominations and congregations can result in a form of schizophrenia?

. .

Why would it cause schizophrenia? There is but one true Church and the rest are all imposters.

Upvote 0

Knowledge3

Mar 29, 2005
✟9,814.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Basically, you have different denominations,groups,sects,and congregations that believe different things and often contradict one another. Just like many different individuals having different interpretations of scripture from the Bible. As a result, you have diverse groups of contradicting views that can conflict with each other. Then you have the classic "true Church" argument.

. .

Upvote 0

GBTWC

God bless the Working class
Apr 13, 2008
were am I ?!?
✟18,321.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If you don't mind me butting into this, as a Protestant, I cannot begin to describe how hard it is to move between churches, its always like a crap shoot, I mean typically the basics are secure, and by basics I do mean basics, like Christ was a real person who did real things, but even from that simple start various churches can differ so wildly its obnoxious and very frustrating.

For instance, as a Protestant I am generally in the minority when it comes to things like Baptism, I believe it actually DOES something rather than just symbolizes your relationship with God, but most churches I go to hardly even do communion at times, and the various other things they believe about God are always different. For people who are Sola Scriptura I wonder about what Bible they actually read at times.

I wonder what it must feel like for an unbeliever at times, where one church might as well just be a once a week get together where people put on smiling faces for an hour or so, and other churches people are falling down and doing the twist on the floor. I've been to both kinds of churches and they distinctly lack authenticity especially to my spirit. I mean don't get me wrong, I've definitely been to Protestant services where I felt were truly honoring to God, but sadly that's the exception rather than the rule.

I feel like so many Protestants are stuck on trying to figure out what they believe about God that they can never move onto doing something about it. And it does become a kind of schizophrenia because if your church splits, which is not an uncommon occurrence, then you have to go somewhere new and learn their doctrine, and usually just when you started getting comfortable with the people around you.

Given this is my personal experience, I know people who have been going to the same church for years and never had an issue. I just think the Protestant Tradition as a whole lacks unity, in fact it never started with unity, so how can we expect it to lead to unity?

It grieves my spirit honestly.
dude you sound schzophrenic with an experience like youve had Id be runnin for the nearest Orthodox parish

But to answer the question about different denominations leading to schizophrenia the answer is of course not
it can too
can not
can too
wait who said that:scratch:
I did
who are you :|
Im you
no Im not
shut up^_^
no you shut up:mad:
are you talkin to me
no Im talkin to me