Question...

What does 'arba'im yom v'arba'im lailah' mean?

It is found in m*4 PEREK DALET (CHAPTER FOUR)
Matthew Chapter 4 v 2
HASATAN STANDS UP AGAINST REBBE, MELECH HAMOSHIACH
WITH NISYONOS (TEMPTATIONS OF EVIL)

also can you tell me where to find online the definitions or explainations of hinei and malachim...or just explain them to me...

Thanks,
Charlotte

Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
Well the first means 40 days and 40 nights...

hinei, if I'm understanding the right word, means "voila"
and malachim means angels.

I really shoulda let somebody else grab this one but I love questions like these... (yeah I'm a freak)

A really great online place to get stuff is e-sword - it has an excellent downloadable bible program as well as dictionaries and concordances and parallel Hebrew and Greek bibles.  You'll be able to look up any words there. 

Upvote 0
Yesterday at 05:38 PM Ruhama said this in Post #2

hinei, if I'm understanding the right word, means "voila"
and malachim means angels.

The word hinei is found in
THE ORTHODOX JEWISH BRIT CHADASHA m*4 PEREK DALET (CHAPTER FOUR)

|11| Then Hasatan leaves him, and, hinei, malachim came and attended to
Rebbe, Melech HaMoshiach.

I am still having trouble finding the definition or discription of hinei - also voila -.  

:help:

Upvote 0

Ruhama

25 'הושע ב
Feb 5, 2003
Visit site
✟891.00
Faith
Messianic
hmm, well if you don't know voila, I'll give you an example or two because it doesn't have a good parallel in English:

example 1. You're in a taxi with a random guy. The guy is hitting on you, asks for your telephone number and wants to know if you have a boyfriend. You answer no. He says, "well! Hineh!" (i.e., "here I am, baby!")

example 2. You're at a store and you're about to pay. The clerk says "$5.95 please." You hand him the money and say "hineh." (i.e. here you go.)

example 3. You've lost your kid in a mall. You freak out, and call out "where are you?" only to find her right behind you, and she answers "hineh, mom."

It can also mean "check it out," "look" or "behold" in the sense of something being shown to you ("here"). I'm not sure if that's the exact meaning of the Hebrew in the Tanach but that is the sense of the word in modern Hebrew and how I understand its implication in this passage. Hope that's of help :)

Upvote 0