Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In the bible that is never assigned an age. (or even a range)

You are correct my friend. Thirteen is the most common age suggested for the age of accountability, based on the Jewish custom that a child becomes an adult at the age of 13.

However, the Bible gives no direct support to the age of 13 always being the age of accountability. It likely varies from child to child

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You are correct my friend. Thirteen is the most common age suggested for the age of accountability, based on the Jewish custom that a child becomes an adult at the age of 13.
The church I grew up in put it at about 4 or 5.

A big part of the confusion is the lack of understanding of the differences between the Mosaic covenant and the New Covenant. All of the arguments for infants being saved are taken from the examples of Mosaic-era Jewish children. The children born to Jewish parents were automatically in the Mosaic covenant; whereas the New Covenant is one that must be joined by the person's volition.

There is no biblical example or directive on young children who are not in a place to be able to make the quality choice to join the New Covenant.

• Agree
Reactions: Major1
Upvote 0

Major1

Sep 17, 2016
Deland, Florida
✟203,785.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The church I grew up in put it at about 4 or 5.

A big part of the confusion is the lack of understanding of the differences between the Mosaic covenant and the New Covenant. All of the arguments for infants being saved are taken from the examples of Mosaic-era Jewish children. The children born to Jewish parents were automatically in the Mosaic covenant; whereas the New Covenant is one that must be joined by the person's volition.

There is no biblical example or directive on young children who are not in a place to be able to make the quality choice to join the New Covenant.

It all demands on the child as we are all at different levels of understanding.

I was accepted Christ at an early age of 12 but in all honesty I did not know what it really meant until I was about 25 or so.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was accepted Christ at an early age of 12 but in all honesty I did not know what it really meant until I was about 25 or so.
I was 6. My wife was 5. But I don't think either of us really understood before high school.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod hat on
upload_2017-9-6_18-58-41.jpeg

Thread has gone thru a small clean-up for flaming; please post to the subject and not at the poster.
Carry on.

Upvote 0

mike buckman

Sep 3, 2017
Los Angeles
✟8,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
ALL of the saved of all ages will be resurrected at the 1st Resurrection.

Daniel 12:2 summarizes the two very different fates facing mankind and says..............
“Many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.”

Everyone will be raised from the dead, but not everyone will share the same destiny. The New Testament reveals the further detail of separate resurrections for the just and the unjust.

The 1st resurrection takes place in various stages. Jesus Christ Himself who is the “first fruits,” according to 1 Corinthians 15:20, paved the way for the resurrection of all who believe in Him.

There was a resurrection of the Jerusalem saints in Matthew 27:52-53 which should be included in our consideration of the first resurrection. Still to come are the resurrection of “the dead in Christ” at the Lord’s return which is known as the Rapture in 1 Thessalonians 4:16 and the resurrection of the martyrs which you asked about which will be at the end of the Tribulation as seen in Revelation 20:4.
Remember now, it is the "First Ressurection" and the "Second Death" The First Resurrection is THE resurrection. "The rest of the Dead did not come to life for a thousand years." Those after the thousand years are part of the "Second Death."

Upvote 0