Question: When do we not do what we want?

yajoh

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Stockholm, SWEDEN
✟26,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm getting forgetful. I stumbled upon passages about what the reason, according to scripture, is when you not are able to do what you want.

So, I'm asking, if you can direct me?

I do not mean what S:t Paul writes about not doing what he wants. I think I read another passage, explaing the reason for the whole problem.

Thanks!

/yajoh

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm getting forgetful. I stumbled upon passages about what the reason, according to scripture, is when you not are able to do what you want.

So, I'm asking, if you can direct me?

I do not mean what S:t Paul writes about not doing what he wants. I think I read another passage, explaing the reason for the whole problem.

Thanks!

/yajoh
Hi there; Ephesians 2 speaks of the unbeliever driven by sin and unbelief. It also speaks of the wonderful intervening grace of God.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you looking for Romans 7:15-20ish range?

I just read the rest of your post, still not totally sure what you are looking for but see if Gal. 5:17 Romans 7:18 and 23 back up Gal.5:17 as does Romans 6:5 If that isn't what you are looking for, maybe some more details about what you are thinking will help...may your search be profitable for your quest to know Christ more.

Upvote 0

yajoh

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Stockholm, SWEDEN
✟26,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just have to tell you about what I also was delighted to find:

“For he that soweth unto his own flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth unto the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap eternal life.”
‭‭Galatians‬ ‭6:8‬ ‭ASV

/yajoh

Upvote 0

yajoh

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2016
Stockholm, SWEDEN
✟26,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I just read the rest of your post, still not totally sure what you are looking for but see if Gal. 5:17 Romans 7:18 and 23 back up Gal.5:17 as does Romans 6:5

may your search be profitable for your quest to know Christ more.

Gal 5:17-18 looks quite interesting!

And thank you for your wish!

/yajoh

Upvote 0