✟15,672.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Hello UCC members,

I have a question for you regarding 1 Corinthians 6:9, which states who will not enter God's kingdom, and I just wanted a response.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, not idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will enter the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10)

Which your response to this, since this is contradictory to your SoF?

Reactions: Supernaut

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm always cautious when someone implies that the word "homosexual" was in the Bible..since the word didn't exist at the time. So first I would caution YOU to really look into the translation you are wishing to use to condemn a group of people to hell.

Then I would ask you if you believe there are no drunkards, jealous types, revilers, extortioners and so forth in your own church. Check your ordained members as well.

Then I would suggest that you look into your own church, since you are more likely to make an impact cleaning house if it's your OWN house. One of my closest friends is an ordained Methodist minister married to an ordained Methodist minister and one of their favorites ministries is an HIV+ camp for gay men. Perhaps you could ask amongst your church members about how they deal with it.

Then I would say what about Luke 5:32 "I have come not for the righteous but for the sick". Isn't the fact that we are broken sinners the reason we needed a Savior? How do you minister to the sick if they aren't allowed in the door?

Here's a link if you wish to read what the UCC says about homosexuality: The prophetic stand of the ecumenical churches on homosexuality

Upvote 0

Nemo Neem

1 John 4:7-12
May 16, 2010
Massachusetts, USA
Visit site
✟15,672.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm always cautious when someone implies that the word "homosexual" was in the Bible..since the word didn't exist at the time. So first I would caution YOU to really look into the translation you are wishing to use to condemn a group of people to hell.

Then I would ask you if you believe there are no drunkards, jealous types, revilers, extortioners and so forth in your own church. Check your ordained members as well.

Then I would suggest that you look into your own church, since you are more likely to make an impact cleaning house if it's your OWN house. One of my closest friends is an ordained Methodist minister married to an ordained Methodist minister and one of their favorites ministries is an HIV+ camp for gay men. Perhaps you could ask amongst your church members about how they deal with it.

Then I would say what about Luke 5:32 "I have come not for the righteous but for the sick". Isn't the fact that we are broken sinners the reason we needed a Savior? How do you minister to the sick if they aren't allowed in the door?

Here's a link if you wish to read what the UCC says about homosexuality: The prophetic stand of the ecumenical churches on homosexuality

Hey, sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to. I have nothing personal against homosexuals. In fact, the other term used in my NKJV is "catamites,' whatever that means.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, sorry if I offended you. Didn't mean to. I have nothing personal against homosexuals. In fact, the other term used in my NKJV is "catamites,' whatever that means.

Hey Nemo. There is much debate over the use of the term "arsenokoites" which is a term coined by the apostle Paul. The debate is over the definition, whether it refers to homosexuals or temple prostitutes.

Most progressives lean towards the temple prostitute def as that was an issue in his day with the "pagans."

Most conservative/literalists choose to use the term homosexual though that is a more recent def.

I would engourage you to research this for yourself, with the guidance of the Holy Spirit (discernment) and come to your own conclusion.

Blessings!
Supernaut454

Upvote 0

b.hopeful

Sharp as a razor, soft as a prayer
Jul 17, 2009
St.Louis metropolitan area
✟18,662.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was snarky...my deepest apologies. Yesterday was Pride fest in my city and my teeth are just a little on edge with all the criticisms I've heard lately about how the church deals with homosexuals. So I really and truly am sorry for my tone. It is a good question and I hope there is a point in that fork tongued response I gave. eek!

So sorry...and God Bless!

Upvote 0

recoveringfaith

Grateful
Jun 4, 2010
✟15,239.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

This is a good post. I'm thinking of visiting a UCC soon.

Upvote 0

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single

Well, you already started out not making sense...because homosexuality is an act, not an ethnicity. So for God to say no homosexuals are inheriting the Kingdom of God, he's talking about people who 'practice' this act.

Now, as to are there any drunkards....drunkards can be in church, but the Bible says drunkards 'won't' be in the Kingdom of God. Simple really.

Then, now if one gets drunk and asks for forgiveness, God forgives him. Same thing with if someone commits homosexuality and asks for forgiveness, God will forgive him.

Problem with most in the homo movement...they don't ask for forgiveness because they 'refuse' to accept that it is sin. So you would know what God's answer would be to 'those' homosexuals...unrepentant ones, that is...

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, you already started out not making sense...because homosexuality is an act, not an ethnicity. So for God to say no homosexuals are inheriting the Kingdom of God, he's talking about people who 'practice' this act.

Now, as to are there any drunkards....drunkards can be in church, but the Bible says drunkards 'won't' be in the Kingdom of God. Simple really.

Then, now if one gets drunk and asks for forgiveness, God forgives him. Same thing with if someone commits homosexuality and asks for forgiveness, God will forgive him.

Problem with most in the homo movement...they don't ask for forgiveness because they 'refuse' to accept that it is sin. So you would know what God's answer would be to 'those' homosexuals...unrepentant ones, that is...

You would do well to understand that the OP was directed at UCC members. "Word of Faith" does not qualify.

This is also not a debate area, if you would like to debate/argue/set folks straight etc....take it to the proper forum.

Blessings!

Upvote 0

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
You would do well to understand that the OP was directed at UCC members. "Word of Faith" does not qualify.

This is also not a debate area, if you would like to debate/argue/set folks straight etc....take it to the proper forum.

Blessings!

:confused::confused::confused: Huh??? When did i ever mention anything about Word of Faith? :doh:

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:confused::confused::confused: Huh??? When did i ever mention anything about Word of Faith? :doh:

My friend, your faith icon denotes that are an adherent to "Word of Faith". You did not have to mention anything so please save your ":confused:" and ":doh:" for a more appropriate post.

As stated before, the question was asked of UCC members, not adherents to "Word of Faith".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
My friend, your faith icon denotes that are an adherent to "Word of Faith". You did not have to mention anything so please save your ":confused:" and ":doh:" for a more appropriate post.

As stated before, the question was asked of UCC members, not adherents to "Word of Faith".

So what you are telling me is that "this is whites only..." type of discussion? :groupray: wow.................:doh:

Paul says "some say they are of Peter, others of Paul, yet others of Apollos...brothers this should NOT BE!!!..."

Ponder on that..."Mr Whites only, no one I label as WOF can shed any light..." person...:bow:

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello UCC members,

I have a question for you regarding 1 Corinthians 6:9, which states who will not enter God's kingdom, and I just wanted a response.

"Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, not idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will enter the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9 - 10)

Which your response to this, since this is contradictory to your SoF?

Blessings!

Okay...I went back in time there to show you that this is not a white people only affair.

Your initial post started by "correcting" another poster's UCC supported opinion on the matter. That is not polite. If you would like to debate homosexuality, you may feel free to take it into the E&M subforum.

This is not about exclusion. A question was asked and directed (targeted) at a certain group of people. When those people respond to that question, it is not appropriate to argue/correct them when you were not the target audience (member of specific denom).

I am sorry if you take this as being offensive. It is not meant to be. I would expect the same from other members if the shoe was on the other foot.

Upvote 0

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Okay...I went back in time there to show you that this is not a white people only affair.

Your initial post started by "correcting" another poster's UCC supported opinion on the matter. That is not polite. If you would like to debate homosexuality, you may feel free to take it into the E&M subforum.

This is not about exclusion. A question was asked and directed (targeted) at a certain group of people. When those people respond to that question, it is not appropriate to argue/correct them when you were not the target audience (member of specific denom).

I am sorry if you take this as being offensive. It is not meant to be. I would expect the same from other members if the shoe was on the other foot.

who ever said that this was a whites only discussion? I said so your saying its a whites only TYPE of discussion by labeling someone a WOF and you a UCC and saying "no whites allowed" basically by ignoring my statements and labeling and disqualifying because they fall under your label...get it now? :doh:

Then how do you know if I don't consider myself 'that type of people'...? hello? you were the one to label me...Christians are Christians...all that "im of Paul, im of Peter, Im of Apollos" is condemned in the Bible...if you even read it...

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
who ever said that this was a whites only discussion? I said so your saying its a whites only TYPE of discussion by labeling someone a WOF and you a UCC and saying "no whites allowed" basically by ignoring my statements and labeling and disqualifying because they fall under your label...get it now? :doh:

Then how do you know if I don't consider myself 'that type of people'...? hello? you were the one to label me...Christians are Christians...all that "im of Paul, im of Peter, Im of Apollos" is condemned in the Bible...if you even read it...

And once again....you don't get it. I have spelled it out as clear as can be....but whatever dude....

Have a nice day:wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

divine137

Feb 23, 2007
✟15,234.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
And once again....you don't get it. I have spelled it out as clear as can be....but whatever dude....

Have a nice day:wave:

No, once again YOU don't get it...your labeling is anti-Bible...Paul condemned it. You are blinded by the same thing many in the world are....racism. No, racism doesn't mean color of skin as the Democrats are obsessed with...but dividing people, instead of uniting.

Christ said a "House divided against itself, WILL FALL..." Get that, and you will then be helping instead of destroying....the House of God...

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, once again YOU don't get it...your labeling is anti-Bible...Paul condemned it. You are blinded by the same thing many in the world are....racism. No, racism doesn't mean color of skin as the Democrats are obsessed with...but dividing people, instead of uniting.

Christ said a "House divided against itself, WILL FALL..." Get that, and you will then be helping instead of destroying....the House of God...

:wave:

Upvote 0

SKW

Oct 14, 2010
✟15,116.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Homosexuality is wrong and those doing it need to stop doing it and repent, same goes for fornicators etc.

Being a homosexual doesn't mean it's the end of the road as far as the kingdom of God is concerned, redemption is there for everyone, whether we want it or not is another story.

Mentioned in Hebrews is words along the lines that we all will sin and that's to get to see how great God's mercy is, but if you continually do it over and over, you are crucifying Christ all over again. So, as much as we can afford it, we need to be the best we can be.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟12,439.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuality is wrong and those doing it need to stop doing it and repent, same goes for fornicators etc.

Being a homosexual doesn't mean it's the end of the road as far as the kingdom of God is concerned, redemption is there for everyone, whether we want it or not is another story.

Mentioned in Hebrews is words along the lines that we all will sin and that's to get to see how great God's mercy is, but if you continually do it over and over, you are crucifying Christ all over again. So, as much as we can afford it, we need to be the best we can be.

Thank you for answering a question asked of UCC members.:doh:

Upvote 0