Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That is another issue with Mr. Biden, especially since his latest degrading comment on blacks - If you don't vote for me, you 're not black. It is that condescending attitude that will hurt him and another reason why I question why they put him out front.
That is a misquote. He said, "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
That's still a problematic statement, but you should at least quote it correctly. The two versions do not mean the same thing.
I compare that to the way people constantly misquote George W. Bush. He did not say, "Either you are with us, or you are against us." What he actually said was, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." Again, there is a significant difference in meaning. Somebody could be opposed to both the United States and the terrorists, but Bush was trying to take that away as an option.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is a misquote. He said, "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black."
That's still a problematic statement, but you should at least quote it correctly. The two versions do not mean the same thing.
I compare that to the way people constantly misquote George W. Bush. He did not say, "Either you are with us, or you are against us." What he actually said was, "Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." Again, there is a significant difference in meaning. Somebody could be opposed to both the United States and the terrorists, but Bush was trying to take that away as an option.
And a black person who is for Trump but has figured out why he is for Trump is still a black person.

Upvote 0

Evan Jellicoe

Aug 2, 2016
downstate Illinois
✟22,984.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
About those polls that have been a lengthy topic of discussion here. . . the polling margin for Clinton was generally between 4% and 5%, and her actual margin of victory (in the popular vote) was about 2.1%. That was not very far off at all.
As of today (and obviously things can change tomorrow), Biden has a national lead of between 5% and 6%.
RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Of particular interest are two other things. First, Biden has a significant lead among those who dislike both candidates and need to choose the lesser evil. Clinton was seriously behind among those voters.
The Voters Who Don’t Like Trump Or Biden

Second, the state-by-state polling shows Biden leading in several states that Clinton lost, particularly Florida, Arizona, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.
Where Biden, Trump stand in key swing states

All of these things represent a change from 2016.

Last edited:
Upvote 0