Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
If you think it is tampered with are you really a Christian?
I wasn't speaking of the Bible there.

What I was saying is that if we were to doubt the Bible for the particular reason you gave, there is nothing else that would be immune from the same doubting, so what would we have then?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Conscious or unconscious fakery. Like Bridey Murphy.
There really isn't any comparison there; but on the bigger issue, it would be necessary to consider the case studies of NDEs before passing judgment on the whole matter.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There really isn't any comparison there; but on the bigger issue, it would be necessary to consider the case studies of NDEs before passing judgment on the whole matter.

There's no evidence that the spirit "leaves the body" in so-called "clinical death," and indeed brain function continues after the heart stops beating. There are also serious theological problems with the idea that people can enter heaven on a temporary basis.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There's no evidence that the spirit "leaves the body" in so-called "clinical death," and indeed brain function continues after the heart stops beating. There are also serious theological problems with the idea that people can enter heaven on a temporary basis.

As I said, it takes studying the NDE evidence to be able to make an informed decision.

Most of what I have been reading in the preceding posts isn't even about NDEs.

Upvote 0

John Bowen

Supporter
Aug 16, 2018
dueba
✟48,940.00
Country
Fiji
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i have seen numerous youtube videos of NDE experiences that doesnt explain seeing Jesus, heaven etc.
I am a christian obviously, but im just confused why so many people have had similar experiences that doesnt include jesus etc.

I have seen also some explaining heaven and hell but a majority of them seem to just be about feeling peace, light etc.
Dr. Mary Neal a Orthopedic broad certified surgeon , scientist has a great book To Heaven and Back I read years back great read .She on youtube I see today .
Its just confusing and wanted to know why people are seeing this that are atheists and people that dont believe and why they dont just go straight to hell.
Or why people that even had a christian background dont explain it as we all seem to think how it is or should be.

Would love some insight.
Thanks so much

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And are you implying that I haven't studied the NDE evidence? Would you like to share some evidence with the group?
I shared a bit in posts in the 130s and 143 and others. What I got back was "Bridey Murphy." :doh:

Therefore, I decided to leave this alone except for saying that if people would actually look into the matter, well, you know.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
I shared a bit in posts in the 130s and 143 and others. What I got back was "Bridey Murphy." :doh:

Therefore, I decided to leave this alone except for saying that if people would actually look into the matter, well, you know.
Birdey Murphy is a classic case of demonization, just like those who get involved with Spiritualism.
Seeking the dead in any form is condemned by the Law of Moses for the obvious reason that it opens a person to the entry of demons.

This has nothing specifically to do with NDEs, which is just one other human experience.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Birdey Murphy is a classic case of demonization, just like those who get involved with Spiritualism.
Seeking the dead in any form is condemned by the Law of Moses for the obvious reason that it opens a person to the entry of demons.

This has nothing specifically to do with NDEs....
That's right.

Upvote 0