Florida
✟17,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
i have seen numerous youtube videos of NDE experiences that doesnt explain seeing Jesus, heaven etc.
I am a christian obviously, but im just confused why so many people have had similar experiences that doesnt include jesus etc.

I have seen also some explaining heaven and hell but a majority of them seem to just be about feeling peace, light etc.

Its just confusing and wanted to know why people are seeing this that are atheists and people that dont believe and why they dont just go straight to hell.
Or why people that even had a christian background dont explain it as we all seem to think how it is or should be.

Would love some insight.
Thanks so much

• Agree
Reactions: John Bowen

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Each person has different ways of thinking about what is in the after life, thus their dreams of it reflects that. A New Ager who thinks everyone is saved or reincarnated may have the idea of perfect peace in their death dream. I think medical science has explained NDE as tricks of the brain while dying. So, what they are experiencing may not even be the afterlife.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
i have seen numerous youtube videos of NDE experiences that doesnt explain seeing Jesus, heaven etc.
I am a christian obviously, but im just confused why so many people have had similar experiences that doesnt include jesus etc.

I have seen also some explaining heaven and hell but a majority of them seem to just be about feeling peace, light etc.

Its just confusing and wanted to know why people are seeing this that are atheists and people that dont believe and why they dont just go straight to hell.
Or why people that even had a christian background dont explain it as we all seem to think how it is or should be.

Would love some insight.
Thanks so much

I had an experience once that did not involve dying, or being close to death, or anything of the sort. But as I went looking for answers, I read accounts of people who had near death experiences and their descriptions were strikingly similar.

It may be that when we die we pass into the presence of God, and the feeling of that is indescribable. Perhaps when we pass completely through that initial part described in NDEs, we are judged. If we are worthy we are allowed to remain there. If not we are banished from that presence.

To experience that feeling and then to be ordered away from it will truly be hell.

Perhaps some people "die" and are briefly in that presence but then return. Each one may travel a different distance in that direction, so their experiences with it vary.

• Agree
Upvote 0

JoshFL

Oct 6, 2017
Florida
✟17,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Each person has different ways of thinking about what is in the after life, thus their dreams of it reflects that. A New Ager who thinks everyone is saved or reincarnated may have the idea of perfect peace in their death dream. I think medical science has explained NDE as tricks of the brain while dying. So, what they are experiencing may not even be the afterlife.
but.... there is christians who have died and seen jesus etc, and then other people who have clinically died and seen nothing or peace and light etc? so if they are clinically dead, we cant just write them off, we cant just say its in their head, because that would mean we would also be writing off a christian testimony of heaven?

Upvote 0

JoshFL

Oct 6, 2017
Florida
✟17,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had an experience once that did not involve dying, or being close to death, or anything of the sort. But as I went looking for answers, I read accounts of people who had near death experiences and their descriptions were strikingly similar.

It may be that when we die we pass into the presence of God, and the feeling of that is indescribable. Perhaps when we pass completely through that initial part described in NDEs, we are judged. If we are worthy we are allowed to remain there. If not we are banished from that presence.

To experience that feeling and then to be ordered away from it will truly be hell.

Perhaps some people "die" and are briefly in that presence but then return. Each one may travel a different distance in that direction, so their experiences with it vary.
but the confusion is, it says to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord. so how come some people are in that realm and other people see heaven with an angel or jesus etc. and how come they arent opening a lambs book of life ? as the bible states

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
but the confusion is, it says to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord. so how come some people are in that realm and other people see heaven with an angel or jesus etc. and how come they arent opening a lambs book of life ? as the bible states

Perhaps they don't make it that far before returning. I don't know.

These are good questions that you are asking. But remember that you're not likely to find answers to all of them. But if you keep looking you will find a lot of answers to other questions.

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian

Would love some insight.
Thanks so much
"Near Death" is not death. Those who experience NDE are not those who have actually died. For "everyone must die once, and after that the judgement" Heb 9:27

Upvote 0

JoshFL

Oct 6, 2017
Florida
✟17,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Near Death" is not death. Those who experience NDE are not those who have actually died. For "everyone must die once, and after that the judgement" Heb 9:27
but doesnt that kinda lead people astray if they are allowed these encounters because it may make people question things etc. like why would God allow people to have those experiences because it may also make those people that had those experience question God. or something

Upvote 0

bcbsr

Mar 17, 2003
Visit site
✟201,456.00
Faith
Christian
but doesnt that kinda lead people astray if they are allowed these encounters because it may make people question things etc. like why would God allow people to have those experiences because it may also make those people that had those experience question God. or something
Lots of things in life can lead the gullible astray. Lesson: Don't be gullible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoshFL

Oct 6, 2017
Florida
✟17,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lots of things in life can lead the gullible astray. Lesson: Don't be gullible.
Yes, but when you die for a bit and see something like that, thats a little different.. So was just wondering I guess

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Would love some insight.
Thanks so much

1. Your brain is like a computer running a program to determine your taxes and how much you owe...all the time running that program.
2. Dying is like kicking the computer down a flight of stairs while it was running its program.

3. Relying on NDE stories is like taking the results of the calculations done while the computer was bouncing its way down the steps - and swearing that the calculations must most certainly be right no matter how fantastically they indicate that the government now owes you ten million dollars.

Bottom line -- the Bible refutes most NDE stories.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Some medical conditions are known to cause hallucinations and that is without coming anywhere near an NDE.

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I am a christian obviously,
No it's not obvious, especally as your watching nonsense on utube.
wanted to know why people are seeing this that are atheists and people that dont believe and why they dont just go straight to hell.

As a Christian you know that we are involved in 'spiritual' warfare. The devil wants to confuse the guliable into believing that as he saidin Eden, 'did God really say...'
Pleasent nde are just one way to make the guliable think that Christian truths about faith and judgement are irrelevent.

• Agree
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

JoshFL

Oct 6, 2017
Florida
✟17,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No it's not obvious, especally as your watching nonsense on utube.

As a Christian you know that we are involved in 'spiritual' warfare. The devil wants to confuse the guliable into believing that as he saidin Eden, 'did God really say...'
Pleasent nde are just one way to make the guliable think that Christian truths about faith and judgement are irrelevent.
Its rather judgemental of you to save its not obvious im a christian just because I came across videos that are making me seek normal answers a christian may have...

calm down

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
My wife had a series of heavenly visitations when she was 3 years old. They weren't NDE as she was perfectly healthy, but in her spirit she would suddenly go up into the realm of heaven and meet the Lord.
Her family were not born again so she had no teaching to lead her in that direction.
She met the Lord and talked with him.
Her mother thought it was just childish stories and laughed, so she stopped talking about it.

She never read a bible till she was 18 years old when someone gave her one. As she read the description of the heavenly city, she realised it was describing where she had visited years earlier.

Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Traditional Apostolic Methodist
Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A common feature of NDE's is a "life review". For some people, it is a very harsh experience that turns their life around.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Some medical conditions are known to cause hallucinations and that is without coming anywhere near an NDE.
Dr. Raymond Moody's books contain countless details of a patient's conscious awareness of events while clinically dead that are entirely beyond the realm of science to explain. Such as coming back knowing impossible details about the doctor's life or exactly what was being said in the waiting room while they were clinically dead. I've heard of a number of doctors atheism being shattered by such experiences. Hallucinations don't convert onlookers to belief in God.

The anti-NDE arguments are the kinds I would expect from atheists, not from those who believe in Heaven and God, which NDE's consistently confirm.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟687,397.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
but.... there is christians who have died and seen jesus etc, and then other people who have clinically died and seen nothing or peace and light etc? so if they are clinically dead, we cant just write them off, we cant just say its in their head, because that would mean we would also be writing off a christian testimony of heaven?

I believe there are a LOT of NDE's that are demonic in nature.

The Bible says if anyone, even an angel from heaven, preaches a gospel other than what we have preached to you, do not accept it.. (paraphrasing here) so we have to say that 99.9 % of them are false as they go against clear Biblical teachings.

I had an NDE, and that NDE showed me something that after I came to Christ (saving knowledge of Jesus) and read the Bible it confirmed for me my conversion to Christianity.

The problem however, is even the one I had, that I've not seen anything "wrong" or extra biblical about it since I've been saved, still has clear theological implications... and since those implications are there I question strongly whether the story needs related to anyone..

The Bible is enough for us if we call ourselves followers of Christ.

We should always test the Spirits as the Bible says, and everything needs to measure up against the written word or we simply cannot accept it as being anything but false. And since the Bible is the yardstick, why use anything else? Just use the Bible to begin with and have surety.

• Winner
Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Fascinated With God

Aug 30, 2012
NY
✟16,259.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
The Bible says anyone who preaches a gospel other than what we have preached to you even if an angel from heaven do not accept it.. (paraphrasing here) so we have to say that 99.9 % of them are false or go against clear Biblical teachings.
You're referring to Galatians 1:8. I see nothing in NDE's that is contrary to the Bible. It confirms the existence of God, demons, heaven, and hell objectively and scientifically. I'd call those extremely powerful tools of Apologetics.

I had an NDE, and that NDE showed me something that after I came to Christ (saving knowledge of Jesus) and read the Bible it confirmed for me my conversion to Christianity.

The problem however, is even the one I had, that I've not seen anything "wrong" or extra biblical about it since I've been saved, still has clear theological implications... and since they are there I question strongly whether the story needs related to anyone..
How about relating it to theological experts? If you go to a good pastor I doubt they would be a problem for him to explain.

Upvote 0