Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
A long time ago, one of our members made a statement.
He compared Gods Word to a Onion.
You start to peel back the layers,and they seem to continue for a long time.
The Bible metaphorically is the same way.
You study and before you know the same verse or passage, has a deeper meaning.
All the verses are revelant, but not all the knowlage is revealed at once.

Our friends name was A blessed Man , you may have remembered him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hhodgson

Semper-fi
Site Supporter
Sep 20, 2011
Delphos, Ohio
✟613,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok question... If I was to say to you "never pray about the word of God" Is that meaning "questioning"? one needs to just receive it?

Not sure exactly where your coming from here Blade. How can we not pray without the Word of God? Every time we pray... the Word of God should be totally wrapped around our prayers. Our "words" are spirit... that either manifests negativity or positively. The battle is between the spiritual realm (born-again spirit) with the mind of Christ, or the natural realm of the (un-renewed carnal mind).

We either listen to what's in our spirit/inward man or listen to our flesh/outward man. Our soul (mind, will, and emotions) makes the distinction between the two. Our words in prayer should be filled with words of faith with positive expectation of the manifestation in the physical realm in every area of our need, or someone else's.

If I am praying without expectancy then I’m really praying without faith. And prayer without words of faith is not really prayer at all – it’s just empty religious words. Instead of praying with heartfelt expectation, we often find ourselves just going through the motions. We allow it to become more (discipline), than delight – more (duty) than devotion. We wonder just how many of our prayers are not affective (at all) because of this mindset of unbelief and complacency on our part. (Father, thank you for forgiving us of our ignorance especially in our prayer walk of faith.)

When we pray... our prayers are simply conversations with God that is defined by our "words" of faith. It’s the humble act of taking our natural concerns to a supernatural God whether for our needs, or the needs of others.

Blade, I felt led to say this response and I pray that something I wrote here may have touched your heart in some way.

Be Blessed...

Harry

ZZ  Word-of-Faith.gif

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Ok question... If I was to say to you "never pray about the word of God"

Is that meaning "questioning"? one needs to just receive it?

If your intentionally praying to God for a reason to doubt His Word.

I believe what you are saying would be in seeking understanding, are you questioning the validity of God's Word?
I would say no, you are not doubting His Word, you are asking for wisdom to understand God's Word.

James 1: 5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

Upvote 0