Question: is this allowed?

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just read 3 threads in this forum of people giving links and promoting their musical recordings.

Is this blatant self-promotion (which I see as patently unchristian) allowed here?

BookofMatt

Jesus is Lord
Nov 7, 2012
California
✟37,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Self-promotion isn't self-centeredness. There's not a band on the planet who doesn't advertise their own work, otherwise they'd just be playing their music strictly to their cats in their living room. What's the point? Would you have an issue with writers posting links to their stories and poems in The Writers' Guild forum?

Now, boasting and bragging about one's music (e.g. "my band is so much better than yours: listen to this", etc.) or spamming the entire board with one's music outside of the designated threads, that's both a violation of forum etiquette and un-Christian in attitude. But simply promoting one's music in a sub-forum specifically dedicated to music? I fail to see a problem, quite frankly.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would you have an issue with writers posting links to their stories and poems in The Writers' Guild forum?
Dunno. Never been over there.

BTW - I have found that my record company has put my cd up on many sites (most recently YouTube) without any promotion by me.

Of course I have yet to receive any royalties .... But that is NOT THE POINT. It is out there and if people want to find it they can.

And my cat LOVES my music.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BTW - I am on another site for christian musicians. Over there you cannot promote your own stuff for free; but you can buy ad space if you want.

Since they occasionally solicit funding, I cannot give a direct link; rather google "Worship the Rock."

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just read 3 threads in this forum of people giving links and promoting their musical recordings.

Is this blatant self-promotion (which I see as patently unchristian) allowed here?

I just ignore those people. I do not care.

Upvote 0