Question, I'd like to understand this.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ok so God promised to Abraham descendants right? From the four corners of the earth these descendants will inherit salvation.

John even saw those very sheep in Revelation 7:9 and did in fact confirm, that they were innumerable. But yet, here's the problem I'm having.

If the sheep of God are innumerable in number than why did Jesus say in the gospels that few find the way to life? Its as if he is saying that there will be very few people in heaven. Yet, this isn't the case? God (commonly believed to be Jesus Christ) promised to Abraham an innumerable amount of descendants.... not a few. The descendants of Abraham are as vast as the stars in the sky. Not so small that they'd represent a pin.

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok so God promised to Abraham descendants right? From the four corners of the earth these descendants will inherit salvation.

John even saw those very sheep in Revelation 7:9 and did in fact confirm, that they were innumerable. But yet, here's the problem I'm having.

If the sheep of God are innumerable in number than why did Jesus say in the gospels that few find the way to life? Its as if he is saying that there will be very few people in heaven. Yet, this isn't the case? God promised to Abraham an innumerable amount of descendants.... not a few. The descendants of Abraham are as vast as the stars in the sky. Not so small that they'd represent a pin.
Most of Abraham's physical seed were not saved. Most were so wicked God threatened them with death by giving them the Ten Commandments.

If you listen to Paul, Jesus is THE SEED to whom the promises went. And there will be an innumerable number of believers connected to him.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

If the sheep of God are innumerable in number than why did Jesus say in the gospels that few find the way to life? Its as if he is saying that there will be very few people in heaven. Yet, this isn't the case? God (commonly believed to be Jesus Christ) promised to Abraham an innumerable amount of descendants.... not a few. The descendants of Abraham are as vast as the stars in the sky. Not so small that they'd represent a pin.

Your a equating the genetic descendants of Abraham with people that accept Christ as their savior. the two groups are not identical.

Reactions: Dave L
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟920,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Your a equating the genetic descendants of Abraham with people that accept Christ as their savior. the two groups are not identical.

But they are. God was not talking about physical descendants. If God was talking about physical descendants why did he say that his descendants would come from the four corners of the Earth? Last I checked the Jewish people actually physically descended from Abraham dont live around the world. Sure there are Jews everywhere. But are they actually descended from Abraham? Also read what Paul wrote in the book of Roman's and in Galatians 3:29.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But they are. God was not talking about physical descendants. If God was talking about physical descendants why did he say that his descendants would come from the four corners of the Earth? Last I checked the Jewish people actually physically descended from Abraham dont live around the world. Sure there are Jews everywhere. But are they actually descended from Abraham? Also read what Paul wrote in the book of Roman's and in Galatians 3:29.
The focus is on Christ the seed to whom the promises apply.
“For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.” 2 Corinthians 1:20 (KJV 1900)

But the physical seed was as the sand of the sea according to the OT

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is worth remembering also that the term 'innumerable' is an expression.

It is clearly a finite number that is countable yet a small percentage of the number of folks that have ever lived.

Each of these folks are written in the Lambs Book of Life.

Upvote 0

JulieB67

Apr 21, 2020
Ohio US
✟150,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last I checked the Jewish people actually physically descended from Abraham dont live around the world.

I think there are many around the world today.There are more than just one tribe -Judah. We have to remember the 10 tribes to the north. After the split and their captivity they later scattered, leaving Judah, Benjamin and Levi. Probably most of the people from the tribes today don't know they're actually descendants. But God does.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟278,093.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If only 20% of the people born in the last 4,000 years are saved, they will be innumerable.

Upvote 0