WInsted
✟21,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Hello!, and i do hope that all of you are staying safe through this pandemic.
During this time, I've been keeping myself busy through activities including video games. And so I have played it before, but I got back into playing Call Of Duty (Particularly the Zombies mode, because It doesn't feel right to me to be playing multiplayer). And so considering the overall concept of the zombies mode, is it something worth playing from a Christian perspective/ biblical perspective? (Or a Christian gamer's perspective?)

Sincerely,
Michael V

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Hello!, and i do hope that all of you are staying safe through this pandemic.
During this time, I've been keeping myself busy through activities including video games. And so I have played it before, but I got back into playing Call Of Duty (Particularly the Zombies mode, because It doesn't feel right to me to be playing multiplayer). And so considering the overall concept of the zombies mode, is it something worth playing from a Christian perspective/ biblical perspective? (Or a Christian gamer's perspective?)

Sincerely,
Michael V
God created a world in which all sorts of people live and He loved them all so much He gave His one and only son.

So be whoever you want, and add some love to it.

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've never played it, though I'd be a little leery of first person shooters in general. On the other hand, I'm totally cool throwing fire balls around, so that may be a personal line in the sand.

Look at the themes, and if you feel comfortable playing it, then play it. If you don't, then stop. I would probably turn off graphic content, though, if possible.

Upvote 0

Michael Vichiola

May 11, 2019
WInsted
✟21,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I've never played it, though I'd be a little leery of first person shooters in general. On the other hand, I'm totally cool throwing fire balls around, so that may be a personal line in the sand.

Look at the themes, and if you feel comfortable playing it, then play it. If you don't, then stop. I would probably turn off graphic content, though, if possible.
i did that

Upvote 0

Elisha McFarland

May 7, 2020
Saint Albans
Visit site
✟8,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'm a gamer too, so don't worry, gaming most certainly isn't a sin. The only thing you need to be careful of is what you're filling your mind with. If your mind feels tarnished with a violent video game, remove it! If not, enjoy it, and thank God for that gift lol.

Upvote 0
May 10, 2020
san francisco
✟16,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know if video games are a sin, but in a Christian perspective definitely a waste of time, so I think in that way it can feel like a sin personally. If you have time to do that, you can be studying, reading, praying, doing chores, spending time with family, or reading the Bible. Some people will argue otherwise, but personally this verse keeps things simple for me.
Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Video games, if I'm honest with myself, doesn't fit the categories above in this verse to invest my time in when I have spare moments.

• Agree
Reactions: longwait
Upvote 0

John42

Feb 15, 2020
Toronto
✟20,121.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never played zombies mode bro. Just bought a Nintendo Switch Lite so looking forward to some lighter fare - Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and Breathe of the Wild. But it’s all about how you feel man. If you don’t feel bad playing it - and you shouldn’t - then play it. I have more concerns about people who are borderline maniacs, play a violent video game, and then go and shoot up a school.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jamie Chen

Apr 11, 2020
Angleton
✟7,138.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if video games are a sin, but in a Christian perspective definitely a waste of time, so I think in that way it can feel like a sin personally. If you have time to do that, you can be studying, reading, praying, doing chores, spending time with family, or reading the Bible. Some people will argue otherwise, but personally this verse keeps things simple for me.
Philippians 4:8
8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Video games, if I'm honest with myself, doesn't fit the categories above in this verse to invest my time in when I have spare moments.
You must be fun at parties

Upvote 0
May 10, 2020
san francisco
✟16,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You must be fun at parties
Well you can do whatever you want. The topic at hand though, is with regards to the Christian and Biblical perspective. So let's try to stay focused Jamie.

It costs to be faithful and follow the Lord. Show me in the Bible where it doesn't. If you're more concerned about receiving fleeting entertainment contrary to God's Word and by the same act becoming defiled, thus compromising your walk with God/grieving the Holy Spirit/being a disgrace to what you profess to be, then that's your choice. But as the OP's question demonstrates a hint to the desire in honoring and following God, then absolutely yes, in the Christian and biblical perspective, everything you willfully choose to think, see, listen to, and do matters.

Upvote 0