Not open for further replies.

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The problem with watchmen is that their self-ascribed job title REQUIRES them to be right, since they've decided that they're watching out for you.

The thing is, we all need to be discerning and "watching", but there is a HUGE opportunity for pride when someone decides that they're right and must warn everyone else.
You DO see clearly. :thumbsup:
If they really bes "right" though then why do their methods necessitate use of WRONG -- such as gossip and speaking with the voice of the Accuser? Bes right achieved by means of WRONG? Moriah does not think so. If someone has to resort to gossip, stone-throwing, judgment-passing on appearances (and thus upon their own human flesh biases about those appearances) and speaking with the Accuser's voice trying to "prosecute" and build "cases" against others, then they really ought to be examining themselves to see WHOM it bes that they truly work for. Moriah has never seen those things result in anything but stealing, killing and destroying ppls.

The watchmen is not generally open to correction, because they've convinced themselves that they are the mouthpiece of God. They'll go so far as to say that they're speaking FOR God. And when someone dares question them, they'll act as if you are questioning God Himself. But this is not generally true. Watchman sure do like to warn others about everyone else, but they can't handle the same criticism of themselves.
Ahhh so you have noticed that also! Yes, that certainly seems to be their M.O. They can spot what they believe to be a "tare" at fifty zillion paces -- never mind such assessments bes based entirely on their own sour dispositions and the pit of slime that fills the hole where most people store something called "discernment" -- but let someone even remotely suggest the heinousness of their deeds and they will tear them a new one. ALWAYS with the oily fake premise of supposed "love" of course -- hah, that lot would not know the meaning and reality of that word if it bit them in the tenderloins!!!

Are there times when God will use others to warn us? Sure there are. And it may well come from the most unlikely of sources. But each person must discern FOR THEMSELVES what God is saying to them.
Amen -- and further, if God has selected someone to have a part in another person's spiritual life or growth, He will inform BOTH parties -- not just the one that imagines it their place to strongarm, bully-pulpit or manipulate the consciences and hearts of others with their toxic guilt trips, hostile judgments and rotten little social engineering games.

Keep sounding that trumpet !! ^_^

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I will add this.

I have observed over the years that those who believe themselves to be a "watchman" or "prophet" are generally young in the Lord (not necessarily age).

Have a desire to be used of the Lord, to be accepted, to be important , and use the watchman/prophet label in an attempt to obtain their desires.

Most generally grow out of it.

Have noticed the same thing, and it bes good news to hear that many grow out of it, but it can be really distressing to see lifelong believers still stuck there -- much like watching grown men running around in diapers sucking on bottles and screaming whenever they don't get their way. Not attractive at all.

Generally Moriah turns off and tunes out when someone starts ranting and raving and one single split second glance tellsy ALL anyone needs to know: NO JESUS IN THAT. No Jesus? Forget it then, not interested, don't care how pious it sounds. Where there bes Jesus there bes love. Where there bes no love, there bes no Jesus. No one needs discernment to perceive Love as everyone bes born instinctively knowing the difference between a warm embrace and a crack across the face.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When something like that is observed over and over it is a pattern that is difficult to miss.

I pray this scripture for you.

Eph 1:17-19

17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

18 The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to usward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
KJV

:)

I thank you for your prayers :hug:

Your welcome.

If you would pray the same prayer for me.

:thumbsup: It is done !!

Now THAT ... THAT bes the sweet scent of GOD's incense burning. AMEN!

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟135,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen and amen. You do see clearly here.
How come you bes no more a mod here?
I just grew tired of all the day-to-day grind of being on staff, and all the bureaucracy.

I'm MUCH more content to allow other people to have that "fun" job while I just run around causing trouble... ;)

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Mature Christians have realized that they are not nor can not take the place of the Holy Spirit in Christians lives.

Therefore they have also realized that they are not a watchman as there is no such NT gift, office, or calling.

There are also those who are so identified with their attempt at "being" a watchman they deceive themselves and hold on to their "position".

Just wanted to hear you say that again, reps to you.

Peace...

Upvote 0

charityagape

Blue Chicken Gives You Horns
May 6, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟24,930.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I disagree with this statement.

Why?

For example a stranger warns you about something..........your spouse (or other close family member) is telling you something different. What validity does the warning of a stranger have?

Upvote 0

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The entire Watchmen thing is really a convoluted, man made distortion of the historic definition of the gift of spiritual discernment. The gift of discernment is the special ability that God gives to certain members of the body of Christ to distinguish between truth and error, and to know with assurance whether certain behavior purported to be of God is in reality divine, human, or satanic.

It is taken to extreme's on BOTH sides of this coin.

Welp that's my 2 cents in this circular arguement.

Peace and God Bless.

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
RELATIONSHIP is the key to WARNING.

I agree with that statement in most cases, however there are times a strangers warnings can be and should be taken seriously.

If I'm in a canoe paddling down a river and come across a total stranger paddling his canoe in the opposite direction and he tells me not to go that way because of big water fall, I just may listen to him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Relationship is the key to warnings :doh:What ??
Moses had a relationship with the Pharaoh ?? If he did, which he didnt, he [Pharaoh ] didnt listen very well. How many more examples do you want. I cant seem to find half what you alls group says. Are you all using the Bible or do you have your own book because we seem to have many differences you say relationship is the key to giving warnings and i cant find that anywhere in the Bible i read but i cant find Warners either. I really dont even know how to talk with you all about these things because i cant seem to find anything your talking about in the Bible i read. Wish i could be of more help but it seems we are not even using the same scripture. Or it could be i have not reached you alls level of maturity and i am blind to these invisable words. Thats more than likely the problem because i still find humor in a naked streaking man who farts at a news reporter^_^^_^
Please Pray for my growth so i can see the words you all are reading. rod

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why?

Do you honestly and truly believe it appropriate or godly to bust into the lives of perfect strangers or merely casual acquaintances and start acting like you have been appointed their personal cop, probation officer, guidance counselor, shrink, boss, private critic, and mother all rolled into one?

Good grief, i would not want to treat people i knew WELL that way, let alone those i've barely met.

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Moses had a relationship with the Pharaoh ?? If he did, which he didnt, he [Pharaoh ] didnt listen very well.
'Scusey, but Moses had a specific commission from God Himself -- and a staff which turned into a serpent, turned waters to blood, and parted the sea to prove it.

When you can demonstrate likewise, then and only then "relationship" ceases to matter. Till that day? you bes in the sandbox with the rest of us peons as merely another peer. :p

:amen:

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Please explain the right - perfect way to stand against false teachings without those involved in the false teachings taking it personal. Because scripture CLEARLY says we should stand against it. It would seem you could just give clear scripture but as you know from the past, offense is taken in that as well. O thats right develop a relationship then tell them their doctrine is false according to scripture my guess is they will still be upset. actually thats been proven here as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
'Scusey, but Moses had a specific commission from God Himself -- and a staff which turned into a serpent, turned waters to blood, and parted the sea to prove it.

When you can demonstrate likewise, then and [[[[only then "relationship" ceases to matter ]]]. Till that day? you bes in the sandbox with the rest of us peons as merely another peer. :p

:amen:

Show scripture that supports what you just said. i will be waiting:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

ImmersionX

Apr 1, 2008
✟1,065.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Father Rick False Doctrine within the Body is an attack from the outside [satan ] which has found its way inside.
Its danger may be even greater because it is concealed within like an unseen cancer damageing from within.
The threat has never been and will never be from just the outside many of the most damaging threats come from the inside.
The Catholic Church is just one example in the past how a attack from within by errored doctrine did great long term damage.
That is just one example of threats from within [ and by the way i do believe the Catholic church has admited to and has attempted to fix those errors ] where attacks have came upon the Body from within the Body. We seen recently yet another example in Texas where a christian group who says they are a part of the Body, but yet there doctrine was in error and false.
Look at the damage it has done to so many young childrens life.
So if you dont mind spare trying to sell us that a threat only comes from outside the Body because sadly satan seems to have found the back door to many so called members of the Body of Christ.

This is a wonderful post!
I believe that a LOT of people are very blind to this simple fact. Attacks from within the body, it's almost as if now a days, anything that is unique, and claimed to be "of God" or "of the Spirit" are auto-immune from being put in this category, and to me that is a very very dangerous attitude. Yet, I find typical "watchmen" as they are self call themselves(including myself at one point) are yes indeed wanting so badly to "have purpose" within the Body of Christ, that sometimes rational thoughts are subjected to personal prejudice and opinion on certain things.
That being said....I believe there are true discerners of things Holy and unholy.
I pray that we should not be so blatantly against everyone in this claim as to truely miss what is discerned at true evil.

peace and God Bless.

Peace and God Bless.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mature Christians have realized that they are not nor can not take the place of the Holy Spirit in Christians lives.

Therefore they have also realized that they are not a watchman as there is no such NT gift, office, or calling.

There are also those who are so identified with their attempt at "being" a watchman they deceive themselves and hold on to their "position".

Sorry Opti, but no doubt you words are complimentary to those who do a good job as a watchman. But, if you think that in war that you don't need to put a sentry at a post for security reasons is no longer required, then as we say those who lack understanding and knowledge because they reject understanding and knowledge, then they will perish.

What I had posted is what was written in my notes of "watchmen", nothing more and nothing less.

Be blessed.

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This thread and others like it for the last year is nothing more than a bunch of random statments that cannot be backed by scripture with no attempt whatsoever to back statments with scripture, that are nothing more than an attack on those of us who dared to point out with scripture an error in a false and errored doctrine . Everyone here knows thats what this is really all about. No one is fooling anyone that has been around here for any amount of time.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.