Question for watchman and warners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I think what you quoted here was actually directed at my post above where I mentioned that we should not be "parading our accomplishments" for the Lord, in "my" taking of the OP seeming to be asking for a resume of past works in order to decide who was speaking the truth or not. I may have understood that incorrectly. I don't think she was saying that anyone was parading them. ;)

Thanks mate, but this whole forum has become a pack of nipping cattle dogs..

Lord give me strength, in Jesus' Name.

Be blessed in Jesus' Name.

Upvote 0

New_Wineskin

Contributor
Jun 26, 2004
Elizabethtown , PA , usa
✟13,854.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Good points CA, but I thought HIS SHEEP were HIS SERVANTS and we are all equal. But it appears that you are forming a pyramid of where who is and where they stand on the pyramid. It appears to be a multi-level marketing scheme.

I agree . Why are people to be idolized if whatever they do is from the Lord , anyway . Just because you point out that someone is not to be worshipped doesn't mean that you want to be worshipped in their stead . Nor should one feel obligated to fill the vacated throne of a dethroned idol . Better to allow the people run amok without an idol than to be organized around one .

Upvote 0

Deba

The Lord is my shepherd I shall not want (period)
Jul 8, 2007
An American living in Laos
✟13,167.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
This is a serious question, I hear, we all hear over and over the warnings against:

Todd Bently
Benny Hinn
Kenneth Copeland.....Actually the whole line of WOF
Well I can't think of any others because I don't take the warnings seriously.

Okay here is the deal.

If you are a outspoken critic of any minister and you consider it your duty or calling to warn us here about them.......if you go so far as to consider yourself a God appointed watchman..........I want to know.

What do YOU do to minister to others. How many people have you shared the gospel with? How many miracles have you been used of God to perform? Healings?

I want to know what YOU have done for God, then I can decide (we all can decide) if your warnings should be given a second glance.

Really? Your conveyed attitude in this thread says otherwise.

Upvote 0

MikeMcK

Apr 10, 2002
✟13,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
This is a serious question, I hear, we all hear over and over the warnings against:

Todd Bently
Benny Hinn

Okay here is the deal.

If you are a outspoken critic of any minister and you consider it your duty or calling to warn us here about them.......if you go so far as to consider yourself a God appointed watchman..........I want to know.

What do YOU do to minister to others. How many people have you shared the gospel with? How many miracles have you been used of God to perform? Healings?

I want to know what YOU have done for God, then I can decide (we all can decide) if your warnings should be given a second glance.

And therein lies the problem.

What we've done or what you've done isn't the point. The point is whether or not what these false teachers you're defending say and do lines up with the word of God.

I understand that you don't like people questioning your favorite teachers. I didn't either when I was in your shoes.

It's funny, but I hang out on a couple of message boards, mostly Baptist and fundamentalist boards, and people there will disagree a lot about doctrine and about teachers and so on, but it's always very respectful and they always understand that the word of God is the standard.

They never say "Well, you've got to prove yourself to me" or "what have you done". They don't call each other derisive names like "heresy hunter" (by the way, I know you mean that as an insult, but the Bible commands us to be heresy hunters, so I wear it as a badge of honor) or "self appointed watchmen".

Here, the attitude isn't "I will defer to the authority of scripture", but "I'm not going to believe what the Bible says because I disagree with you".

I'll tell you and anyone else who's interested that anytime you have a problem with me or any teacher I listen to or any doctrine I hold to, come to me and show me from the Bible where I went wrong, and I'll listen.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Izdaari Eristikon

Mar 12, 2007
Post Falls, Idaho
✟32,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

Todd Bently
Benny Hinn
I'm not too familiar with Todd Bentley, so I have no comment on him.

Benny Hinn does a lot of good stuff, and I like him when he's preaching rather than doing his stage show or an interview, but I'm very wary of anyone who is as much into hype and blatant fundraising as he is. There are many other ministries I'd feel much better about supporting. However, his Israeli accent and Dr. Evil suits rule! ;)

Ken Copeland is too extreme a WoFer for me, though I do like some of the more reasonable WoF preachers such as Joyce Meyer and Joseph Prince. I guess I'm a little WoFy, but only a little.

Okay here is the deal.

Fair enough. That's a good challenge. I won't be taking it, as I'm not one of the critics you're talking about, but I'll definitely keep an eye on how they respond. I'd like to know how seriously to take them too.

Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
When watchmen, discerners or perceivers express there concern, and warn the Body of Christ, not the CF, they are either accepted or not accepted. Jeremiah was an example of his non-acceptance in the OT.

Now I don't know where thrashing around on the floor or giggling like an idiot is a blessing of the Holy Spirit or of our Lord Jesus Christ, because when I seen those people portraying this manifestation, they are either false, or demonically inspired. Why would our Lord Jesus Christ embarrass one of HIS SHEEP?

A watchman, warner or perceiver always test the spirits through the Spiritual Gift of discerning of spirits.

When a Christian begins to talk about: the third heaven; portals; ten rainbows emanating from our Lord; and continual angelic visits, then the "spiritual warning light" begins to flash, and those spirits are tested through the Spiritual Gift of the discerning of spirits.

Anyway, all we can do is wait and see, because give it time, say another decade, the same will happen again, just like it has over the past few decades. Yep, they all leave their mark, whether it is of the Holy Spirit or of the beast. I've experienced Kunalini with a John Wimber serminar, many years ago.

I can definately say, that I won't be conned by the portals, third heaven, angelic hosts, BAM the man, the spirit of Emma, or the angel of light. Now that is my view, so why go to the trouble of trying convince me, or pull me over the fire to prove those beliefs that are only "empty deceit" that we are warned about in Col. 2:8.

No intentions to offend, but that is my opinion.

Upvote 0

Watchman4hm

Feb 7, 2002
✟169,179.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Any Watchman who is called of God knows that he will deliver warnings that usually wont be taken seriously, but he still must deliver them. There is only one true gospel, and its not a gospel of self. The fruit of a true spoken rhema word will put the focus on Jesus, not self gain. Those who twist the scriptures for self gain and teach likewise, are the tares of the church, and will be those who are told "I never knew you, depart from me you who work iniguity"...This is the rampant teaching hidden within the words of many these last days..

You must ask yourself the question anytime something is said..

Does it put the focus on you, or Jesus?

Upvote 0

hillbillyhippiechick

let there be peace in the valley
Oct 13, 2007
✟56,434.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When watchmen, discerners or perceivers express there concern, and warn the Body of Christ, not the CF, they are either accepted or not accepted. Jeremiah was an example of his non-acceptance in the OT.

Now I don't know where thrashing around on the floor or giggling like an idiot is a blessing of the Holy Spirit or of our Lord Jesus Christ, because when I seen those people portraying this manifestation, they are either false, or demonically inspired. Why would our Lord Jesus Christ embarrass one of HIS SHEEP?

A watchman, warner or perceiver always test the spirits through the Spiritual Gift of discerning of spirits.

When a Christian begins to talk about: the third heaven; portals; ten rainbows emanating from our Lord; and continual angelic visits, then the "spiritual warning light" begins to flash, and those spirits are tested through the Spiritual Gift of the discerning of spirits.

Anyway, all we can do is wait and see, because give it time, say another decade, the same will happen again, just like it has over the past few decades. Yep, they all leave their mark, whether it is of the Holy Spirit or of the beast. I've experienced Kunalini with a John Wimber serminar, many years ago.

I can definately say, that I won't be conned by the portals, third heaven, angelic hosts, BAM the man, the spirit of Emma, or the angel of light. Now that is my view, so why go to the trouble of trying convince me, or pull me over the fire to prove those beliefs that are only "empty deceit" that we are warned about in Col. 2:8.

No intentions to offend, but that is my opinion.

Please explain what this means. How can portals fool us?

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What the self appointed warners and watchmen do not seem to get through their heads is that they are no better off than the people they are watching and warning. What makes them think they are immune to the same kind of errors everyone is subject to? Who are they? Why are they so special that they think they cannot be wrong? IMHO these are the most dangerous because in order to do their "job" then have to be correct about EVERYTHING, or at least talk themselves into thinking they are. What? Did they get a manual direct from God telling them what is correctly interpreted and what is not?
The only difference between the "watchmen" and the people they presume to warn is they really do think they are correct to the exclusion of all those they warn. They really do think they are the Holy Spirit's spokesmen on this earth and everyone has to bow to their judgment or become victims of their accusations.
So why do you guys think you are correct and we all have to submit ourselves to your interpretations? What makes you better than the rest of us?
You want to be correct?
So do we!
You try hard to be correct?
So do we!
You try to back up everything you say?
So does everyone else.
So what is the difference between the "watchmen and those they watch?
They have the ego and the willingness to control others by intimidation. They do not mind, and in fact relish the opportunity to threaten and browbeat others to submit to them.
You see, anyone here can proclaim themselves "watchmen" and do what you do. It really does not take a lot of intelligence or even scriptural knowledge. All it takes is an inflated sense of self worth, a giant ego, and the desire to control by accusation, intimidation, and fear.
Happily.. most of us do not succumb to the temptation and pride to do this.
I personally do not feel it necessary to bully others to my will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Todd Bently
Benny Hinn

Okay here is the deal.

What I hear you asking is that those who proclaim themselves to be "prophets" and/or "watchmen", (watchmen not being a NT office or gift as far as I can tell) to be held to the same standards that they "exact" on others.

They expect to be received as who they say they are without any evidence other than that they say so.

Since they are not here in person it is impossible to experience any anointing they may or may not have.

Everyone has been in a meeting and/or service in which the minister was anointed and we have all been in meetings and/or services when the minister was not anointed. When there is no anointing it is time to go home.

The "prophecies" I have seen on this forum are so general that they will "hit" someone.

If a person is going to proclaim that they are called of God to be a prophet or whatever and that person is going to stand up and warn against anyone, what is it that we should receive and believe what they say.

There are no anointing, credentials, or any other way to tell if what they say is true as most of it is a matter of opinion on a forum like this.

The so called prophets can be judged by what they "prophesy".

If the prophesy is just general it is not God, even though some say it helped. The same thing could have been posted without proclaiming it "thus saith the Lord".

A prophesy that does not come to pass or prevent a major disaster when it is given is not from God.

Excellent post CA.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What I hear you asking is that those who proclaim themselves to be "prophets" and/or "watchmen", (watchmen not being a NT office or gift as far as I can tell) to be held to the same standards that they "exact" on others.

They expect to be received as who they say they are without any evidence other than that they say so.

Since they are not here in person it is impossible to experience any anointing they may or may not have.

Everyone has been in a meeting and/or service in which the minister was anointed and we have all been in meetings and/or services when the minister was not anointed. When there is no anointing it is time to go home.

The "prophecies" I have seen on this forum are so general that they will "hit" someone.

If a person is going to proclaim that they are called of God to be a prophet or whatever and that person is going to stand up and warn against anyone, what is it that we should receive and believe what they say.

There are no anointing, credentials, or any other way to tell if what they say is true as most of it is a matter of opinion on a forum like this.

The so called prophets can be judged by what they "prophesy".

If the prophesy is just general it is not God, even though some say it helped. The same thing could have been posted without proclaiming it "thus saith the Lord".

A prophesy that does not come to pass or prevent a major disaster when it is given is not from God.

Excellent post CA.:thumbsup:

Well lets take a look at your statment [ a prophecy that does not come to pass OR PREVENT A MAJOR DISASTER when it is given is not from God ]
So when Christ said the temple was going to be destroyed and 70 + years later it was destroyed according to YOUR words That word of prophecy from Christ was not from God because the warning did not prevent the disaster.
How about Johns vision of Rev. when this is fulfilled and much has been fulfilled. Johns vision was not from God because it did not prevent disaster ??.
Or how about Moses when he Proph. To the Par. of egyept that the plagues would come he Forwarned of there coming and they came according to your words this was not from God because the forwarning did not prevent disaster.
This is just THREE !! scripture can provide MANY examples where a forwarning was given and the major disaster came and the forwarning fulfilled.
There has been and will be more prophecies - forwarnings given on this forum, they have been specific and they have been fulfilled. Nothing else needs said nor does it matter from who they came other than they came from God and the proof is in the fact that they were fulfilled.
Its sad when you deny and denounce prophecy which is backed by scripture and support !! well enough said. rod

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well lets take a look at your statment [ a prophecy that does not come to pass OR PREVENT A MAJOR DISASTER when it is given is not from God ]
So when Christ said the temple was going to be destroyed and 70 + years later it was destroyed according to YOUR words That word of prophecy from Christ was not from God because the warning did not prevent the disaster.
How about Johns vision of Rev. when this is fulfilled and much has been fulfilled. Johns vision was not from God because it did not prevent disaster ??.
Or how about Moses when he Proph. To the Par. of egyept that the plagues would come he Forwarned of there coming and they came according to your words this was not from God because the forwarning did not prevent disaster.
This is just THREE !! scripture can provide MANY examples where a forwarning was given and the major disaster came and the forwarning fulfilled.
T rod

I did not make my statement clear enough.

Thanks for drawing my attention to it.

A prophecy that was given and the result being that a try was made to prevent a disaster, but didn't is different from one in which the disaster was forewarned and that was the purpose of the prophecy.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟132,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Conjunction junction, what's your function....

The key word in Optimax's post was OR, which is a conjunction that requires EITHER the first condition OR the second condition of the statement to be true, but not both.

The statement was (emphasis added);
Optimax said:
Therefore, simple English tells us that what Optimax is saying is that a prophecy that does not come to pass is not from God, OR a prophecy that does not prevent a major disaster is not from God.

To make it even clearer, if a prophecy of a major disaster COMES TO PASS, then by the statement Optimax made, it is of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

millerrod

Contributor
Dec 10, 2005
I try to live in obidence to god some days i fail
✟15,533.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Otimax So you dont think Christ or John or Moses prayed to God and maybe asked God to have mercy or maybe even asked those around them to pray to God to show mercy.
you think they were the type of person who just delivered the message then blew off any concern or Love towards those who the disaster would effect.
When i see those who were servents of God i see those who Loved God and Loved all those around them.
God has given forwarnings and it was expected for the warnings to be delivered and i believe that God would expect without telling us to. expect us to pray for and try to intercide to plead God for mercy upon those in the areas of disaster.
God has never asked me to pray for them
God has never asked me to pray for intercession
God has never told me to ask others to pray.
God does not have to ask i know God expects this without being told to do it.
Because i know if i truely Love and if i truly care then i will pray and i will ask my brothers and sisters to pray without giving a reason why??
Love for them
A message is delivered because it is commanded to do so just as loving all people is commanded to be done the fruit of loving them is seen in the prayers of intercession for them when we know they are at disasters door. rod

Upvote 0

Optimax

Senior Veteran
May 7, 2006
New Mexico
✟41,659.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Otimax So you dont think Christ or John or Moses prayed to God and maybe asked God to have mercy or maybe even asked those around them to pray to God to show mercy.
you think they were the type of person who just delivered the message then blew off any concern or Love towards those who the disaster would effect.
When i see those who were servents of God i see those who Loved God and Loved all those around them.
God has given forwarnings and it was expected for the warnings to be delivered and i believe that God would expect without telling us to. expect us to pray for and try to intercide to plead God for mercy upon those in the areas of disaster.
God has never asked me to pray for them
God has never asked me to pray for intercession
God has never told me to ask others to pray.
God does not have to ask i know God expects this without being told to do it.
Because i know if i truely Love and if i truly care then i will pray and i will ask my brothers and sisters to pray without giving a reason why??
Love for them
A message is delivered because it is commanded to do so just as loving all people is commanded to be done the fruit of loving them is seen in the prayers of intercession for them when we know they are at disasters door. rod

Depends on who is doing the commanding Rod.

If God then the results will be obvious.

If self then the results will be obvious.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.