Idaho
✟46,975.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are interested in moving to Idaho and are wondering if there are many backroads connecting towns? We're looking into the Idaho Falls area for example and it just seems that you need to get on freeway in order to get to say Pocatello (or really anywhere else for that matter).

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I are interested in moving to Idaho and are wondering if there are many backroads connecting towns? We're looking into the Idaho Falls area for example and it just seems that you need to get on freeway in order to get to say Pocatello (or really anywhere else for that matter).
Can't help you about Idaho, but neighbouring Montana is similar and an outstanding state. Wide open spaces and huge distances and spectacular scenery. (I guess part of the equation is for some ppl whether cold winters and high altitudes — and the issue of hospital locations — would be a threat to someone's individual health record.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think that all the major cities are on the interstate. Sure there are some state highways and they are decent too but more dangerous two lanes.I used to use highway 95, but it is the most dangerous highway in the state. Deadliest highway in every state
In considering Idaho, the southern part is similar to Utah, heavily Mormon, the northern part is pretty conservative and fundamentalist. Pay is generally going to be lower than neighboring states and the weather is not all that great either with cold, snow and lots of cloudy, rainy days, especially in the northern part. Lots of people from California coming to Idaho to escape that liberal mess. It is one of the fastest growing states, and housing and rent prices are decent but were getting tighter. In the 2008 recession, parts of Idaho were known for foreclosures, and I think it will be worse in the upcoming recession. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0