Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
If you're trying to lose weight, and you can't, it's frustrating. If she really, really wants to lose weight and keeps hitting that wall, it could turn into a lot of self-pity. I don't know of a single man on this planet who finds wallowing in self-pity attractive. If a man likes the way his girlfriend or wife looks, and she's so stuck on what she doesn't like that his compliments aren't registering to her, that's very frustrating.
Okay, I thought you were saying that losing weight equates to image issues. Thanks for clarifying.

Upvote 0

MacFall

Agorist
Nov 24, 2007
Western Pennsylvania, USA
✟25,688.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
By the way, the first time I fell in love it was with a girl who was overweight. She had big thighs, a big butt, and a bit of a soft belly, and I thought all three were lovely. She was athletic, though, and worked hard to be fit despite her natural body shape. It was that hard-working nature along with her sense of humor that hooked me.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's say there are two 'fluffy' ladies that you know.

One of them is content in her fluffiness, she's happy and confident and relatively healthy, but she's not interested in losing weight.

The other is the same size, but she's actively working on losing weight and getting healthy. She'll never be a modelesque gym rat, but she wants to look and feel healthier, and she's on her way. She's also a happy, confident person, but she's very much wanting to lose the weight that girl #1 doesn't mind having.

Do you view them differently? Are they both equally unattractive or undateable because of their weight? Do their motivations and attitudes affect how you'd feel about them?
I think I'll be parroting much of what others have already said. But I'd like to add...

...I had a significant attraction to a girl that was, shall we say "fluffy". She was maybe 30 pounds beyond a healthy bodyfat percentage for her frame. She was kinda short, so 30 pounds on her was more than it would be on a 6 footer. Her personality, her character... just her herself, was wonderful. Someone, somewhere will be a better man for having her as his wife. Did her weight cross my mind? Actually, it did. Why? Because as Luther said:
you can't marry the girl or date her based on what you think she will be in the future, you have to base it on how she looks now.
If I was going to choose to be with someone, it would be just that. A choice to be with and love that person. Not who I hope they will be or what I wish they would be. I was concerned that maybe she was a little careless about things in life. Maybe she vented her emotional frustrations out by eating? Who knows? I wasn't going to judge her over it. And even if that was the case, would it be better if she took her frustrations out in a gym and had a sculpted body? Same root problem, different poor external reaction. In fact, I know someone who is very fit and beautiful and about as bitter as a green persimmon.

Give me the lovely fluffy girls over the twiggy bitter ones any day. ;)

However, the hefty girl who was uninterested in getting just a little healthier would worry me. The one who was taking charge of her situation would be attractive for her ability to get things done for herself. Prov 31:17 "She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." Not that she has to be a plow horse, of course. ;)

Have you seen Mischa Barton since she gained some weight? Fine looking woman, if you ask me...

forums.jpg

I'd be a little worried why her weight was fishtailing all over, of course and do what I could to help her if she was any of my concern.

Hope this rambling is of some value to you.

Reactions: b.hopeful
Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
She had big thighs, a big butt, and a bit of a soft belly
I just wanted to quote this to prove that at least one man here has enough brass to say that a woman had a big butt.

MacFall, this salute is for you.

ten-HUT *clicks heels*

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Skinny girls are bitter now?

Nope, just making a comparison to show that I'm not just looking on the outside. Someone built like Heidi Klum with a bad attitude vs someone built like Caro Emerald who was darling... guess who I'd pursue? ;)

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Fat girls are bitter now? To my knowledge, we've always been jovial.

The only thing that went through my mind when I read this sentence was:

"Her eyes--how they twinkled! Her dimples, how merry!
Her cheeks were like roses, Her nose like a cherry!
Her droll little mouth was drawn up like a bow,
and when she steps on the mound, can that girl throw!"

With apologies to Clement Clarke Moore. I repent in dust and ashes.

Upvote 0

NoodlesNoodlesNoodles

I am a bad person.
Jan 30, 2010
La la land.
✟14,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well, the way you worded it made it sound like all skinny girls were bitter. I was like :confused: :scratch:

Sorry. :|

I meant that if there was a choice between a... somehow I suspect that no matter what I say I'm getting flamed. :D

sterb032.gif
Noodles

Leo, I'm sure you're as sweet as summer wine and lovely as a flower garden.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mobiosity

American by birth; Southern by the grace of God.
Feb 20, 2007
✟11,055.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
That doesn't make dieting the problem. The problem is people thinking that they can diet for a short amount of time, and just start eating gargantuan portions once again, and downing Diet Pepsi as they sit and watch TV all day. If you choose to go on a low-calorie, moderate-exercise regime and are willing to continue it through as a lifestyle, you can be at a healthy weight. You may not get slender, as not everyone's bone structure allows that, but diet's are not the problem; people's lifestyles and habits and relationships with food as the problem.
I'm going out on a limb and assuming you've never been fat.

Upvote 0

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm going out on a limb and assuming you've never been fat.

What Trashionista is saying is correct. And yeah, I used to weigh alot more than I do now. "Dieting" didn't help. A big change in the foods I ate, (and even how I combined them), did, though. "Dieting" is a temporary measure, by definition. Lifestyle change is what works for the long run.

Upvote 0