Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And notice that I wrote Spirit with a S and not with a small s andm it meansnthe HOLY SPIRIT .

dan p
So you meant to say that you were referring to God himself. That being the case, what does it have to do with our discussion topic (Question for people who reject intercessory with Saints)?

Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟367,100.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It's a "slippery slope" from using automobiles and cell phones to struggling with faith and morals? Really? How about using computers and participating in electronic forums? Are we all doomed because of our participation in these discussions?

What I am getting at is the entire concept that if something happens not to be mentioned in the Bible, it is just fine. Hardly everything that is not covered in the Bible is fine. Some things, such as personal armaments, for example, can be quite useful or they can be quite deadly.

Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That's one use of the word, yes, but surely you know that it's the other use that is the focus of discussion here.

A saint is a saint. Period. Simply because a denomination labels someone a saint doesn't mean anything according to Scripture. All of us who are part of the body of Christ are saints. "Saint" is connected to sanctified, not supposed holiness.

Acts 9:13, "But Ananias replied, “Lord, I have heard from many people about this man, how much harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem..."

Acts 9:32, "Now as Peter was traveling around from place to place, he also came down to the saints who lived in Lydda."

Acts 9:41, "He gave her his hand and helped her get up. Then he called the saints and widows and presented her alive."

Acts 26:10, "And that is what I did in Jerusalem: Not only did I lock up many of the saints in prisons by the authority I received from the chief priests, but I also cast my vote against them when they were sentenced to death."

Romans 8:27, "And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes on behalf of the saints according to God’s will."

Romans 12:13, "Contribute to the needs of the saints, pursue hospitality."

Romans 15:25-27, "But now I go to Jerusalem to minister to the saints. For Macedonia and Achaia are pleased to make some contribution for the poor among the saints in Jerusalem.
For they were pleased to do this, and indeed they are indebted to the Jerusalem saints. For if the Gentiles have shared in their spiritual things, they are obligated also to minister to them in material things."

Romans 15:31, "Pray that I may be rescued from those who are disobedient in Judea and that my ministry in Jerusalem may be acceptable to the saints"

Romans 16:2, "so that you may welcome her in the Lord in a way worthy of the saints and provide her with whatever help she may need from you, for she has been a great help to many, including me."

... and many more, but I think these are sufficient to prove my point. Just because some denomination singles out certain members of the body of Christ and calls them "saints" (thereby changing the Biblical definition) is irrelevant at best, sacrilegious at worst.

• Winner
Reactions: coffee4u
Upvote 0