Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I created a thread in the "world religions" sub-forum asking about the beliefs of liberal Christians. A respondent mentioned that there is a sub-forum for "liberal Christians".

So anybody who wants to respond, here is my thread "what do liberal Christians believe?":
What do liberal Christians believe?

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I created a thread in the "world religions" sub-forum asking about the beliefs of liberal Christians. A respondent mentioned that there is a sub-forum for "liberal Christians".

So anybody who wants to respond, here is my thread "what do liberal Christians believe?":

What Jesus Himself taught and none of his fan club.

• Agree
Reactions: hedrick
Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sort of, but there's more to it than that. I'm concerned that this is a zombie discussion. If there's interest in a real discussion, I think there's more to say. I have a blog post trying to introduce liberal theology, What is liberal Christianity: an FAQ

When people challenge me as a liberal, I defend my liberal views with what Jesus said and did.
I have no interest in church history. Super dull stuff.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sort of, but there's more to it than that. I'm concerned that this is a zombie discussion. If there's interest in a real discussion, I think there's more to say.

I can have a real discussion about Zombie's and what I like about the moral issues of putting them down.

Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think the reason this thread hasn't taken off is that the question asked is just too big. Essentially it is asking us to place our entire world views within the space of a forum post. It doesn't work. So it may help to narrow the question down a bit, and get specific. What do liberal Christians believe on...? What do liberal Christians believe about...? etc.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Upvote 0