Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, assuming that the experience wasn't wholly imaginary. It was like a dream or vision flashing in my brain as I was waking up after being very depressed. In my mind, the dream seemed to be very long and timeless.

I saw a light that I identified as my creator looking at me, seeing through the me that I know with all its flaws, and loving a seed or a pearl or something that I contain. Everything that I do in an attempt to be good is phony, and God can see that. But God also sees this seed, and that is what He thinks is good and loves - not me.

Upvote 0

ImAllLikeOkWaitWat

For who can resist his will?
Aug 18, 2015
✟326,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I felt what I understood to be God's love at the time yes.

If you did, I guess the question is why would you give that up? Were you convinced God was real at that point then slowly that love faded and you began to question if it was God's love and not just some kind of illusion? Then these thoughts began to build upon each other over a period of time till it didn't matter what you had felt?

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To feel God's love? Or love in general?

Well my mind can't register certain types of empathetic love, so I'd say it's true for everything. You'd think spirituality could bypass that though, lol.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,155,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Although I have had dreams where I'd say I experienced non-suffering contextual empathetic type love before. Certainly was weird.. and I'd describe it kind of like drinking pop without the carbonation. Never knew love could be so smooth, lol. Sadly these dreams were never in a religious/spiritual context. Also, I've only had these emotional dreams a few times in my life.

Sadly with the best of my abilities to recollect these emotions, I can't empathetically recreate those same feelings. All I can remember is my mind at the time being surprised with how smooth/easy going the emotions/love was.

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

jacknife

Theophobic troll
Oct 22, 2014
✟171,314.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
If you did, I guess the question is why would you give that up? Were you convinced God was real at that point then slowly that love faded and you began to question if it was God's love and not just some kind of illusion? Then these thoughts began to build upon each other over a period of time till it didn't matter what you had felt?
I'm not sure though emotional feelings are irrelvant to the truth I probably just ignored them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
Have you ever felt God's love?
Yes, absolutely.

Funnily enough, it was a mystic experience of Love that made me gradually turn away from Christianity and its "holy" book.

Upvote 0

JOYFUL-ONE

Dec 11, 2017
SOUTH CAROLINA
✟11,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My experience of God's Love actually grew after I left the Christian religion.
I too was disappointed with boring, dead Christian religion. I left it for 9 years, then I found the real deal. i was missing the supernatural aspect, the personal relationship with God's Son.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If you did, I guess the question is why would you give that up?
It wasn't voluntary. I just slowly realized that I was no longer able to convince myself that my Christian beliefs were accurate.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My experience of God's Love actually grew after I left the Christian religion.

This was similar to my experience as well. I feel much closer to the Creator now and I'm much more happier and fulfilled in my life since I've distanced myself from my former Christian faith.

Upvote 0