• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Question about vows

Discussion in 'Christian Advice' started by flowerforever7, Dec 28, 2012.

1. flowerforever7

flowerforever7 Newbie

+7
    Christian
    Single

Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Life2Christ

Life2Christ Guest

+0

Well everything you described sounds like a person with an extreme form of OCD which is a mental illness. You say you can't afford therapy but what is your future going to look like? You may want to make it a priority to find a doctor because your health is the #1 thing. Do you have family that can help you? This cannot wait.

3. Tigger45

Tigger45 St. Mark Supporter

+6,972
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Constitution
    Praying for you flowerforever.
    Matthew 11:30

New International Version (NIV)

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

4. flowerforever7

flowerforever7 Newbie

+7
    Christian
    Single
    The only one out of my immediate family is my Mom; but she is disabled and poor and I actually help her out. I asked my Dad for money at one point, but said he is in a tough financial situation and cannot give anything. I just am going to have to wait until I am in a stable financial situation and / or have insurance before I can go to therapy. Thanks.

5. Girder of Loins

Girder of Loins Future Math Teacher

+109
    Christian
    Single
    US-Others
    Let your "yes" be "yes", and let your "no" be "no". All these vows are null if you want them to be.

6. LilLamb219

LilLamb219 The Lamb is gone Supporter

+1,737
    Christian
    Private
    God knows you're struggling and don't mean these "vows" you think you're making. Apologize to Him letting Him know that even though you can't control your making of these promises that you know HE will help you through no matter what. Ask Him to forgive you because you want out of these things that you thought were so important at the time but have come to learn that now is the time to break free of these so-called 'vows' and then go out and shop at Target, have some coffee at work, etc...knowing that God has set you free.

7. Reanbell

Reanbell Newbie

+2
    Christian
    You're going to have to go through and break each vow you made verbally, using your god-given authority. You're not supposed to make ANY vows, so stop doing so in the future and repent of making silly vows that make no sense.