Question about vows

L

Life2Christ

I know some of you may think I need to go to therapy. I have tried that, but unfortunately therapy isn't cheap, I don't make much money from my job (which is a temp job anyway) so I also have no insurance. They keep telling me they are going to hire me but it never happens so I am in this constant state of limbo. (I also feel convicted that I need to get another job because of a blasphemous feeling / thought against God's Spirit associated to it); aside from not liking the job. I am also borrowing someone's car because I don't have one anymore because mine stopped working. Maybe therapy someday, but I can't right now.

Well everything you described sounds like a person with an extreme form of OCD which is a mental illness. You say you can't afford therapy but what is your future going to look like? You may want to make it a priority to find a doctor because your health is the #1 thing. Do you have family that can help you? This cannot wait.

Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,270,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Praying for you flowerforever.
Matthew 11:30

New International Version (NIV)

30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”
Well everything you described sounds like a person with an extreme form of OCD which is a mental illness. You say you can't afford therapy but what is your future going to look like? You may want to make it a priority to find a doctor because your health is the #1 thing. Do you have family that can help you? This cannot wait.

Upvote 0
Aug 20, 2010
✟8,125.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The only one out of my immediate family is my Mom; but she is disabled and poor and I actually help her out. I asked my Dad for money at one point, but said he is in a tough financial situation and cannot give anything. I just am going to have to wait until I am in a stable financial situation and / or have insurance before I can go to therapy. Thanks.

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God knows you're struggling and don't mean these "vows" you think you're making. Apologize to Him letting Him know that even though you can't control your making of these promises that you know HE will help you through no matter what. Ask Him to forgive you because you want out of these things that you thought were so important at the time but have come to learn that now is the time to break free of these so-called 'vows' and then go out and shop at Target, have some coffee at work, etc...knowing that God has set you free.

Upvote 0