Question about the story of how the Devil fell.

llloyd

Aug 2, 2007
✟8,062.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I've always heard the story about how God created three hosts of Heaven and put three arch angels in charge, one per host, Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer. Lucifer felt he should have been God and rebelled against God and he, and his third of the host of Heaven, did war against Michael and Gabriel until he was defeated then God cast him and his third of the host of Heaven down onto Earth for all eternity. Yet for all the poking at my Bible I don't find this story, is there Biblical references to this or is it false doctrine? I do know of a passage that speaks of his fall, but that was it, no war or anything. Umm. Here it is.

Isaiah 14:12
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isaiah 14:13
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
Isaiah 14:14
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Isaiah 14:15
Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

That, to me, just says that Lucifer said "I will." and God said "You won't." and end of story, for God is mightier than His creations. So where did the idea of the war amonst the hosts of Heaven come from before God casting out Lucifer?

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Some people say that the following verses are in the future, others that this is what happened at the beginning.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Upvote 0

Stillicidia

Revanche Flower
Site Supporter
Apr 22, 2016
Mystic Meadows
✟11,021.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Constitution
I know that 3 hosts story even though it isn't really written, from a person I have to trust because God led me to her. The story goes deeper, and Lucifer thought he was like God because he had some gemstones of light put on him that no one else had, and when Jesus wasted principalities and powers on the third day he stripped his gemstones away and his keys. Just because something isn't really written doesn't mean it did not come from Heaven, even as God speaks to his followers. This applies to the rapture also, but the word rapture actually means to encase with love, bing definition says a feeling of intense pleasure or joy, this is more like it :)

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Some people say that the following verses are in the future, others that this is what happened at the beginning.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Rev 12:8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
Rev 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
In the book's introduction John tells us that these things are prophetic.
He describes them as he saw them in visions.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
In the book's introduction John tells us that these things are prophetic.
He describes them as he saw them in visions.

Sorry--but the following is about the birth of Jesus---which is definitely not prophetic as it had already happened!!
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Upvote 0

Radrook

Feb 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟134,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry--but the following is about the birth of Jesus---which is definitely not prophetic as it had already happened!!
Rev 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.
Rev 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Sorry but John tells us at the beginning that he came to be in the Lord's day and that he was receiving a prophecy of things that must soon take place.

Prologue
Rev 1:
1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

Prophecy means things that will happen in the future.

10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,

The Lord’s day was in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Sorry but John tells us at the beginning that he came to be in the Lord's day and that he was receiving a prophecy of things that must soon take place.

Prologue
Rev 1:
1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet,

Well then, you have the birth f Jesus Christ to look forward to. As for the rest of us, we believe it happenend long before John was in the Spirit on the Lords day and was given some prophecies. And if you read real carefully, you will discover that he had more than one visitation, he had several. But if you wish to believe that Jesus Christ had not yet been born at the time of John or that He has not been born yet, ok---

Last edited:
Upvote 0