Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Why do new agers think astral projection is going to lead them to jesus?I don't get it.:confused:

Do they? Do you have an example of one who makes that claim? I'm not doubting it, I'm just curious to hear what they think.

• Agree
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

Gold fish

Jul 13, 2018
Kansas City
✟69,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do they? Do you have an example of one who makes that claim? I'm not doubting it, I'm just curious to hear what they think.

I just heard it somewhere.Sorry.I thought they did.

• Friendly
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I just heard it somewhere.Sorry.I thought they did.

They very well might. I would be interested to know and hear their reasoning. Of course, maybe they haven't given it much thought. Sometimes people say things because they hope they're true. Or, maybe someone claims to have experienced Jesus that way. I don't know, but I appreciate your post. Maybe someone has some info on it. :)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Why do new agers think astral projection is going to lead them to jesus?I don't get it.:confused:
"Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons," 1 Timothy 4:1

What better deception than one that deludes people into thinking that they are being led to Jesus? (2 Corinthians 11:4)

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons," 1 Timothy 4:1

What better deception than one that deludes people into thinking that they are being led to Jesus? (2 Corinthians 11:4)

How can you be certain someone like Marilynn Hughes didn't encounter Jesus in that way? Do you have a passage that says that can't happen?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
How can you be certain someone like Marilynn Hughes didn't encounter Jesus in that way? Do you have a passage that says that can't happen?
Astral travel is occult. God condemns the occult. Why would Lord Jesus appear to someone in via a means that God condemns?

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟826,922.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Astral travel is occult. God condemns the occult. Why would Lord Jesus appear to someone in via a means that God condemns?

So, when Paul says he went to the third heaven, whether in the body or out of the body he didn't know, why would that not qualify as "astral travel" in some significant sense? How do you distinguish between what happened to him and what you call "astral travel"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟582,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would listen to what she has to say about the Jesus she claimed to encounter.

According to 2 Corinthians 11:4, I understand Paul is saying there are false Jesus Christs.

And if she met with the real Jesus, I understand Jesus is on Heaven's throne, ruling as Lord of all. Did she pass this on?? Or, did she consider the Jesus she met to be just one more person who has died and now can be found somewhere?

Upvote 0

xaris

Sep 8, 2020
So. Cal
✟33,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was in the New Age I had astral projected a couple of times but Jesus was never on my mind.
Most New Agers believe Jesus was just one of many 'enlightened ones'. Enlightenment is a state we are all to try to attain. (I now reject all that nonsense.)

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
So, when Paul says he went to the third heaven, whether in the body or out of the body he didn't know, why would that not qualify as "astral travel" in some significant sense? How do you distinguish between what happened to him and what you call "astral travel"?
The source. When God does something, it is obviously of Him. I know too much about the occult including astral travel. I watched my tooth being pulled out when I was a child.

Paul was born again when he ascended to heaven. God called Him, not Paul himself.

Upvote 0

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I know too much about the occult including astral travel. I watched my tooth being pulled out when I was a child.
Were you ever able to see something that you did not know about during the astral travel, and then verify that it really was a real object in the material world after you returned to your body? How far could you go, were you able to leave the dentist office and see things outside too? How many astral travels did you have?

Upvote 0

Gold fish

Jul 13, 2018
Kansas City
✟69,269.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Were you ever able to see something that you did not know about during the astral travel, and then verify that it really was a real object in the material world after you returned to your body? How far could you go, were you able to leave the dentist office and see things outside too? How many astral travels did you have?
I wasn't able to verify material world things.I could only travel around my town.I never had an out of body experience at the dentist office.I only had like 10 of them.

• Informative
Reactions: Jok
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jok

Jul 9, 2019
Indiana
✟42,261.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
I wasn't able to verify material world things.I could only travel around my town.I never had an out of body experience at the dentist office.I only had like 10 of them.
Yeah I was figuring it would vary greatly from person to person on how far you could go. I have had many lucid dreams but I know that they are something different, and I know that they weren’t real. I’m not going to claim that if you didn’t objectively verify anything then it was fake (at least fake in terms of viewing the real physical world), however it’s obviously desirable if you have verified something because then it’s obviously real. The name of the discipline escapes me right now but this is a confirmed ability, there are people who can find things & people with their minds, they have worked with law enforcement before, and the military has trained people too. I’m not sure if it would be the same exact thing (I wish I could remember what it’s called, it will come back to me soon) where one person has the experience joined together with a God experience and the other person doesn’t, or if they are two totally different things altogether.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟725,341.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Very few, and never by choice. Watching the dentist pull my tooth was no fun at all. Astral travel is not a game and it is something to avoid. Nothing that the devil offers is without a real cost.

• Informative
Reactions: Jok
Upvote 0