New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hey I've been thinking about this for awhile I need some input.

When God created the universe he said everything was good. After Adam and Eve sinned then death and sin entered the world.

So I'm wondering, before that did lions have to hunt? We're there mosquitoes who fed off of them? We're there killer spiders and stuff? Did Adam and Eve have to kill to eat before the fall?

Or was it after the fall? It says sin entered the world, so I'm guessing it polluted animals. So I'm assuming lions etc had to hunt and kill after. But what about parasites, mosquitoes, flies, poison spiders. Did they get created after? Or were they just pure before the fall?

Was there extreme weather in the garden of eden? Did flowers rot? We're animals defensive and scary like they are now?

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

When God created the universe he said everything was good. After Adam and Eve sinned then death and sin entered the world.

So I'm wondering, before that did lions have to hunt? We're there mosquitoes who fed off of them? We're there killer spiders and stuff? Did Adam and Eve have to kill to eat before the fall?

Or was it after the fall? It says sin entered the world, so I'm guessing it polluted animals. So I'm assuming lions etc had to hunt and kill after. But what about parasites, mosquitoes, flies, poison spiders. Did they get created after? Or were they just pure before the fall?

Was there extreme weather in the garden of eden? Did flowers rot? We're animals defensive and scary like they are now?

I made a thread like that , basically most people said these thing turned bad not only after the fall , but most of it after the flood when they started to be scared of humans .

Prior to that they did not eat meat there was no death , Lion is supposed to eat straw . Christ promised to restore this which makes me feel both good and bad because I like meat .

Isaiah 11:7-9 King James Version (KJV)
7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the Lord, as the waters cover the sea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Both before and after the fall of man, the physical world remained the same. You ask "did flowers rot". Yes, they did. If plants did not decay the soil would be barren.

We can examine the garden of Eden from, I suppose, a philosophical view and come to all sorts of conclusions. Many might even be helpful.

• Informative
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Both before and after the fall of man, the physical world remained the same. You ask "did flowers rot". Yes, they did. If plants did not decay the soil would be barren.

We can examine the garden of Eden from, I suppose, a philosophical view and come to all sorts of conclusions. Many might even be helpful.

Plants don't have breath of life like animals and humans .

• Haha
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We have to be careful looking at the world now and trying to apply what we know of a fallen world to how a perfect paradise world would look. We have no true frame of reference to make the comparison aside from what Scripture reveals to us.

We also have to remember God is omniscient and omnipresent. It is acceptable that he placed these instructions into the universe in preparation for these negative things to take place and for there to be things like parasites, or animals switching from vegetation to meat to work, albeit from a corrupted aspect.

As Chinchilla points out, Isaiah 11: 6-9 tells us how the world would be after everything is returned to what it was. Pain, fear, etc. all that will be removed for believers since none of that was ever intended in the first place.

There are plenty of animals with sharp teeth in the world that don't eat meat. Perhaps there was a plant or plants prior to all this that mosquitoes and other bloodsuckers ate from which provided them protein, iron, etc. to make their eggs and survive. When that particular plant died out after the Fall or after the Flood, these creatures were forced to feed on other life just like humans and other animals.

The Bible says there was no rain in the pre-Fall creation. (Genesis 2:5-6) However, it says the Lord had not caused it to rain yet and a mist arose to water the land. This seems to imply that it was mostly a tropical environment, at least in Eden or simply the Garden.

The general problem is that we do not know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before they fell. Some believe it was only a few days, others may be at least a year, while the Jewish literature like the Book of Jubilees says they were in the Garden for about 8 years. So how long did this Paradise last in reality? We don't know specifically.

Those who hold that Genesis is not to be taken literally will say death most likely existed before the Fall for a variety of reasons. However, my contention with that is these positions have to explain away Romans 5:12 and 1 Corinthians 15:21 in order to allow for death to exist prior to the Fall.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Thanks lol I didn't really think about that. Animals have the breath of life tho?

They don't have souls like we do but they are different than plants.
By Bible's definition if it has blood it has life inside of it .

Deuteronomy 12:23
“Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh.”

Upvote 0

Any

Jul 4, 2018
New york
✟21,708.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have to be careful looking at the world now and trying to apply what we know of a fallen world to how a perfect paradise world would look. We have no true frame of reference to make the comparison aside from what Scripture reveals to us.

We also have to remember God is omniscient and omnipresent. It is acceptable that he placed these instructions into the universe in preparation for these negative things to take place and for there to be things like parasites, or animals switching from vegetation to meat to work, albeit from a corrupted aspect.

As Chinchilla points out, Isaiah 11: 6-9 tells us how the world would be after everything is returned to what it was. Pain, fear, etc. all that will be removed for believers since none of that was ever intended in the first place.

There are plenty of animals with sharp teeth in the world that don't eat meat. Perhaps there was a plant or plants prior to all this that mosquitoes and other bloodsuckers ate from which provided them protein, iron, etc. to make their eggs and survive. When that particular plant died out after the Fall or after the Flood, these creatures were forced to feed on other life just like humans and other animals.

The Bible says there was no rain in the pre-Fall creation. (Genesis 2:5-6) However, it says the Lord had not caused it to rain yet and a mist arose to water the land. This seems to imply that it was mostly a tropical environment, at least in Eden or simply the Garden.

The general problem is that we do not know how long Adam and Eve were in the Garden before they fell. Some believe it was only a few days, others may be at least a year, while the Jewish literature like the Book of Jubilees says they were in the Garden for about 8 years. So how long did this Paradise last in reality? We don't know specifically.

Those who hold that Genesis is not to be taken literally will say death most likely existed before the Fall for a variety of reasons. However, my contention with that is these positions have to explain away Romans 5:12 and 1 Corinthians 15:21 in order to allow for death to exist prior to the Fall.
Thanks for the input it was very helpful. There's lots of thing we won't fully be able to understand while simply being human in a fallen world but I have a philosophical mind and thinking about it is intriguing to me.

Upvote 0

BroRoyVa79

Aug 16, 2018
Virginia
✟27,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the input it was very helpful. There's lots of ting we won't fully be able to understand while simply being human in a fallen world but I have a philosophical mind and thinking about it is intriguing to me.

No problem

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
May I make two suggestions.

Ask you m inister why he hasn't taught about this. ( some won't because of fear of contraversy in the church, but it can be taught showing both the yec view as well as the oec view. )

2nd have a look at sites like Creation.com and Answersingenesis. They are based on the view that the bible is correct and show why a biblical view of creatiuon is correct.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hiwaystar

May 30, 2018
Good ole 'Merica
✟18,144.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Everything was good. Yes, lions definitely didn't hunt and mosquitoes definitely didn't sting. It all changed when Adam and Eve ate the fruit, and all of God's creation got corrupted...yes, CORRUPTED. The world we see now is a corrupted version of God's original one. The only way to get things right again is to eradicate sin, like eliminating bugs in a computer program.

Upvote 0