✟97,444.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Good Answer :)

As far as hard core - my advice would be to do what Daniel, Ezekiel and John did. Pray and Fast for the answer and Revelation. You never know - you may get taken up a very high mountain and get a good view from there. Any ideas where that mountain is?

Yeah, but the air air is thin up there and you better be ready to eat alone. ;)

Reactions: Dreger
Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
But... I have never heard before that After we die or are raptured, that Satan would be allowed to have another go at us? I always thought/believed that once we die and if we accepted Christ into our hearts, that was it. That we would then be in heaven with God forever. So, is it really true that after we die, we’ll be subjected to Satan’s deceitfulness for another 1000 years and that God would cast us out then if any choose to be deceived by Satan?
I don't know who told you that cr**p. But he is full of cr**p.

Upvote 0

Andrew77

The walking accident
Site Supporter
Feb 11, 2018
Ohio
✟138,616.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I attended a small group on Thursday and the topic was Antichrist and end times.

The leader explained something I never heard about before yet I’ve grown up hearing something different. He was explaining how during the rapture, Christians go with God and he casts Satan away. Then we come back with God on white horses and come back to “earth”, for 1000 years. God releases Satan where he’s allowed to try and deceive us again. And those Christians who he’s able to deceive will be cast out and the ones who remain will then go to the new earth that is described in the Bible.

But... I have never heard before that After we die or are raptured, that Satan would be allowed to have another go at us? I always thought/believed that once we die and if we accepted Christ into our hearts, that was it. That we would then be in heaven with God forever. So, is it really true that after we die, we’ll be subjected to Satan’s deceitfulness for another 1000 years and that God would cast us out then if any choose to be deceived by Satan?

What a great question!

So, disclaimer... I am not a theologian. But I'll give you the best answer I have based on my 30 years in the church.

I do not think that those who die, or are raptured, or even the people who survive the tribulation, will be deceived by Satan.

I think the only people who will turn away, are those that never knew a time without Jesus. Specifically the children born during the 1,000 year reign.

There will be million, if not billions of people born during the 1,000 years, that were never tempted by Satan, never knew a world without Jesus, and have no idea what evil is.

I think those people are the ones who will be tested by Satan, and some will choose to turn away.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good Answer :)

As far as hard core - my advice would be to do what Daniel, Ezekiel and John did. Pray and Fast for the answer and Revelation. You never know - you may get taken up a very high mountain and get a good view from there. Any ideas where that mountain is?

Mt. Ararat??

Upvote 0

shannon T daringer

Apr 29, 2018
Lancaster
✟8,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I attended a small group on Thursday and the topic was Antichrist and end times.

The leader explained something I never heard about before yet I’ve grown up hearing something different. He was explaining how during the rapture, Christians go with God and he casts Satan away. Then we come back with God on white horses and come back to “earth”, for 1000 years. God releases Satan where he’s allowed to try and deceive us again. And those Christians who he’s able to deceive will be cast out and the ones who remain will then go to the new earth that is described in the Bible.

First question i have is how long have you been studying? Are you prepared to enter the end chapters of the Bible before understanding the early ones. What does covenant mean to you? Rapture? Salvation? Marriage? Old Test vs New Test

Upvote 0

shannon T daringer

Apr 29, 2018
Lancaster
✟8,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi sk,

Well, not exactly. There will be a rapture and as it is explained in the Scriptures both those who are alive at the time of the rapture who are God's children and those who have died previously who are God's children will be raised from their graves.

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

There will be a 1000 year reign of the Lord in which Satan will be bound. After that Satan will be loosed once more for a time. Whether it's 1000 years or not isn't known. The Scriptures only refer to the length of time as a 'short' time. So, during the 1000 year reign the believers are safe, but after that there does appear to be one more cleansing or refinement. Then we get to the day of God's judgment in which Jesus tells us that many christians will be turned away.

God bless,
In Christ, ted
Please tell me where the word 'rapture' is in the Bible before I continue this doscussion

Upvote 0

FIRESTORM314

Site Supporter
Feb 20, 2018
The Shires
✟197,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mt. Ararat??

I don't know where it was. Presumably, John was on Patmos and the Mountains aren't that very high there. Ezekiel was in Babylon. My guess is that this is something like being taken away in the Spirit rather than being in the flesh. Would the mountain actually be a "real" mountain? Is Mount Zion actually a spiritual place and not earthly? Jesus was also taken up a high mountain - again was this actually a mountain or something more symbolic in the spiritual realms.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please tell me where the word 'rapture' is in the Bible before I continue this doscussion

You'll not find the word God in the Bible either, only in translations and interpretations of it...so if people choose to translate the word Harpazo as Rapture, complaining is a little churlish do you not think?

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi shannon,

I think there is a lack of understanding of what a 'word' is. A word is a written or spoken group of letters that transfer a meaning from one to another. The Scriptures speak in various places through the use of words about a gathering of the believers by the Lord. It tells us through the use of words that there will be the sound of a trumpet or horn and that Jesus will appear in the clouds and that the believers, both those alive at the time of this event and those who have died, will be raised to be with him. All of those words are in the Scriptures and if you're unable to find them, I'll be happy to help you with specific reference points in the Scriptures.

In the Revelation we are told of two creatures, one of which is described to be like the son of man, which has been used previously in the Scriptures as a title for Jesus, who gather together the people of the world. These words are in the Scriptures. So, where do we find the word 'rapture' in the Scriptures? We don't and I'll be happy, in discussing with you, to use the longer explanation of the event that the Scriptures do speak of if you really aren't willing to accept that what believers mean when using the word 'rapture' is merely the simple single word explanation of this time that Jesus will return to gather those who are his.

We can all play 'the words not in there game' if that's what you'd like to play. But the event that the word portrays to the reader or hearer of the word, most certainly is. So, now are we able to discuss or are you still not satisfied that the Scriptures speak of a time that the believers will be raised to be with him?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,109,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We can all play 'the words not in there game' if that's what you'd like to play. But the event that the word portrays to the reader or hearer of the word, most certainly is. So, now are we able to discuss or are you still not satisfied that the Scriptures speak of a time that the believers will be raised to be with him
Do you see this scripture as the resurrection of the saints? If not what event is it to you?
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
First question i have is how long have you been studying? Are you prepared to enter the end chapters of the Bible before understanding the early ones. What does covenant mean to you? Rapture? Salvation? Marriage? Old Test vs New Test

I haven't been studying too long but, i'm just repeating what the leader of my small group stated the other night and i had just wanted to know what others thought. I mean I know the bible. I've read through some of it.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi sk,

Well, not exactly. There will be a rapture and as it is explained in the Scriptures both those who are alive at the time of the rapture who are God's children and those who have died previously who are God's children will be raised from their graves.

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality

For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

There will be a 1000 year reign of the Lord in which Satan will be bound. After that Satan will be loosed once more for a time. Whether it's 1000 years or not isn't known. The Scriptures only refer to the length of time as a 'short' time. So, during the 1000 year reign the believers are safe, but after that there does appear to be one more cleansing or refinement. Then we get to the day of God's judgment in which Jesus tells us that many christians will be turned away.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Let me just see if I'm understanding this correctly though I still feel like I have the wrong timeline. . Rapture, yes, we'll all be taken up, but, before the 1000 year thing, there will be a tribulation of 7 yrs i believe right? Then after the tribulation, are you saying that's when that God will Bound satan and send him away where the only thing the rest of the people on the earth will know is God? I guess I don't fully understand the one more cleansing/refinement. Is that just for the Christians who are still on earth or is it also for those who are already w/ God?

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There are a few Christians who don't believe in the rapture. They think it refers to after the Tribulation, but a lot of Christians like myself believe it will happen before the tribulation. But after the 7 year tribulation, we will be with Jesus in New Jerusalem, which is a massive city that will come down to earth. The bible just mentions that some people will still be defiant to God, so after 1,000 years living in this city, Satan will be released from his prison and then God will send Satan and the rest to the lake of fire for eternity. It's just one last shot to get the remaining defilers away.

Ok, I think I get this. Actually this makes a bit more sense. I was getting confused reading through everyone's responses. But the way you described it makes a little more sense to me. I was thinking after the rapture/tribulation, that the people who were left, that would start the 1000 year reign so if Satan was bounded, those who were still on earth, would only know about God. But, yes, it makes more sense having the new jerusalem come down for that 1000 year reign. I just don't like the idea that we'll all be deceived again by Satan and then he can turn us away if we believe him. Because as of now, we have no idea how or what choices we'll make then. I don't want to be deceived and be turned away from God forever. But, i feel like we have no control over that then.

Upvote 0

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I haven't spent the amount of time many people spent studying Revelation, but I was always left with the impression that Jesus returns, the opposing armies are wiped out, Then Christ reigns with the Christians who were martyred in the tribulation and those who made it through the tribulation for 1000 years.

Then Satan is released and gathers the people of the earth who made it through the tribulation but were not saved to wage war against Jesus. And they get wiped out quickly.

I don't remember anything about the saints being in a position to lose their salvation during that 1000 years. Maybe ordinary people who live and die during that time still have to make a choice, but I thought the saints would already have spiritual bodies by then.

Then, after that 1000 years comes final judgement.
I've never heard of the saved becoming unsaved after being transformed.

I didn't think it was possible honestly that christians could become non-christians after they were already saved. Because I always heard that once your name is written in the book of life, God can never remove it which i feel like would still carry on after death too. It would almost be like this whole life on earth is a joke if, after you die, you still have a chance of losing your salvation so what's the point in that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sk8brdkd

Audio A Sk8er
Feb 25, 2006
Wayne
Visit site
✟73,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's not a subject I think is normally discussed in a home group or church setting.

Going through the reply's on this thread and other similar threads it seems very few people actually know what they are talking about with any certainty. Who really has understanding ?

I hope the leader expressed his views may or not be correct rather than teach it as truth and accurate.

I think there's plenty of other subjects that one can focus on in an home group setting. I'd be disappointed if myself or my children where subject to that sort of content.

Well this small group discusses subjects of what the pastor had spoken about the previous Sunday. The only thing the leader stated is that there are people who believe different things about the rapture but he told us what he believes.

Honestly, it's not my favorite subject. Talking about all this still scares me, as does talking about death --- still scary.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There are a few Christians who don't believe in the rapture. They think it refers to after the Tribulation, but a lot of Christians like myself believe it will happen before the tribulation. But after the 7 year tribulation, we will be with Jesus in New Jerusalem, which is a massive city that will come down to earth. The bible just mentions that some people will still be defiant to God, so after 1,000 years living in this city, Satan will be released from his prison and then God will send Satan and the rest to the lake of fire for eternity. It's just one last shot to get the remaining defilers away.
I doubt the New Jerusalem, which is 1600 miles x 1600 miles x 1600 miles will come down to this present earth and rest in Israel. The New Jerusalem is the New Earth/Heaven after the first one is destroyed -- and that is after the Millennial Kingdom. This New Earth/Heaven is a spiritual, extra-dimensional place, pearly gates, streets and city of pure gold, 220 foot thick walls of jasper and precious stones, a river with the tree of life on each side bearing and yielding 12 fruits every month with healing leaves. God's throne will be there AND there will be no sun, no need for it.
Of course, not everything is clear about the Millennial Kingdom or the full spectrum of the New Heaven and Earth -- not much is said. And then one might ask, what's outside of the gates, if this is a complete replacement of earth. Will the new earth be the same size with this massive cube resting in one area of the earth and then nations existing outside of it? I don't know. Several places state the universe, sun, moon and stars along with the earth will melt in a fervent heat and so there won't be any sun, no darkness. I'm excited and very curious!

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The 1000 years is pre-heaven. I don't think anyone teaches that there are spiritual bodies by then, do they?
I do and the Bible does. We are changed at the last trumpet, which I believe is #7. This occurs during the Great Tribulation period, before the Millennial Kingdom.
Now, even if you believe that last trumpet is unrelated to the seven trumpets and maybe happens at another time, at the end of the Feast of Trumpets, still it happens before the Millennial Kingdom. Unless you can prove otherwise?
We will be priests and kings and according to 1 Thes. 4:17, from that time on, we will always be with the Lord. Or do you think, we are in heaven apart from the Lord who is on earth? Or the this occurs after the Millennial Kingdom. Still, where does it say our transformation occurs after the Millennial Kingdom. A second resurrection occurs after the Millennial Kingdom for the people who die after the First Resurrection - which is Pre-Millennial.
Just read Rev. 11:15-19. That's it, the last trumpet. So many things happen at that time. But the GT is still not over yet, the Bowls are released.

Upvote 0

Ronald

Exhortations
Site Supporter
Jul 30, 2004
southern
✟111,578.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi shannon,

I think there is a lack of understanding of what a 'word' is. A word is a written or spoken group of letters that transfer a meaning from one to another. The Scriptures speak in various places through the use of words about a gathering of the believers by the Lord. It tells us through the use of words that there will be the sound of a trumpet or horn and that Jesus will appear in the clouds and that the believers, both those alive at the time of this event and those who have died, will be raised to be with him. All of those words are in the Scriptures and if you're unable to find them, I'll be happy to help you with specific reference points in the Scriptures.

In the Revelation we are told of two creatures, one of which is described to be like the son of man, which has been used previously in the Scriptures as a title for Jesus, who gather together the people of the world. These words are in the Scriptures. So, where do we find the word 'rapture' in the Scriptures? We don't and I'll be happy, in discussing with you, to use the longer explanation of the event that the Scriptures do speak of if you really aren't willing to accept that what believers mean when using the word 'rapture' is merely the simple single word explanation of this time that Jesus will return to gather those who are his.

We can all play 'the words not in there game' if that's what you'd like to play. But the event that the word portrays to the reader or hearer of the word, most certainly is. So, now are we able to discuss or are you still not satisfied that the Scriptures speak of a time that the believers will be raised to be with him?

God bless,
In Christ, ted

• No word games here, "caught up" is the phrase which is where the word rapture originated. "Harpazo" in the Greek in 1 Thes. 4:16 and supported in 1 Cor. 15:52 as well. We will be changed, transformed, resurrected into spiritual new eternal bodies and this happens at the last trumpet. The catching up into heaven is what is referred to as the rapture. It happens at the same moment as our resurrection -SO IT IS INSEPARABLE FROM THE RESURRECTION. The action of being caught up, the rapture, happens at the same time as the resurrection.
  • Jesus was not caught up when He was resurrected. But for us, the two actions are one in the same. Jesus did not resurrect at a trumpet sound either, yet this last trumpet is inseparable as well. It's mysterious ... People will catch on to this concept ... or should I say, they'll be caught up!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you see this scripture as the resurrection of the saints? If not what event is it to you?
1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
1Th 4:17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Hi hank,

No, I'm not encouraged that's what this passage is speaking of. The Revelation speaks of two distinct resurrections and neither of them seem to be explained in a way that matches this passage. The Revelation specifically calls the first mention of a resurrection, the 'first' resurrection. It tells us that those who are raised in this 'first' resurrection are safe and secure from the second resurrection of the damned and the second death to which they will ultimately proceed.

The raising up of those in the air is a removal of the born again believers, both dead and alive at the time of the event, are merely being removed from the wrath of God to follow upon those gathered under the second creature.

That's my understanding.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0