Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

I have the gift of tongues since 2006 and I am enjoying it much. But recently I got confused. I was speaking in tongues and suddenly an old man's voice slipped into my tongue speaking and said in english, "kiss, kiss". (Normally I speak a russian dialect in tongues). The voice said, "kiss, kiss", and in russian, "ljubushka dedi" (which means, love the children). I had been in distress lately because of demons and so I was wondering if the kiss kiss was demonic or perhaps referring to the kiss of love mentioned by Paul. I prayed about it and once I thought I heard Jesus say it's a demon, but when Jesus said that he sounded harsh and strict, which is not how Jesus speaks to me normally. The voice also once said, "sin sin" to me, in an ironic tone, which felt to me like it wanted to say, don't always think of sins (which indeed had been a problem of mine for a while), God would not only be interested in our sins but in our lives.

Can someone with a good connection to Jesus tell me what I should think of this? So far it feels good to me, but the kiss kiss happens frequently lately, almost anytime I speak in tongues. I've wanted to volunteer in a nursing home because of it. Thanks.

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟789,115.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
lutherangerman, I don't see kiss, kiss as demonic. There's several Scriptures that says we're to greet each other with a holy kiss. Also, some folks in nursing homes are His children. You said sins have been a problem. So at this point, I would repent of the sins and receive His forgiveness and continue to asks Yahweh for the interpretation (I John 1:9; I Cor 12:10).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟43,594.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Being one of those individuals who feels that Satan is given far more credit than he deserves, what we often consider (or wonder if things are) to be of Satan is usually little more than the flesh getting in the way.

I would say that when you are praying in tongues that your mind is either willingly or unwillingly inserting these words into your speech. It should be pointed out that when the Holy Spirit prays through us that he will always direct his words to the Father and never to us or to man and he will always do so within an inarticulate tongue.

So, it seems that you are most likely inserting these words into your speech where we can all do much the same as we are praying in the Spirit; we might all of a sudden speak or shout out a hallelujah, but it is us doing this and not the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Hello you two,

I'm not sure, I also sing in tongues and it happened before that I could interpret the tongue and it turned out it was a message to me. For example, when I got the gift of tongues, I would always say, "Dasselah Patka", and I knew this meant, trust the Father, or, "Dasselah Wodka", and this meant, trust the living water. It is inarticulate, but it is still interpretable.

The thing with "kiss, kiss" is, it happened first on a day when a monk spoke to me in spirit, a monk from above I mean. I had been struggling with a friend and was delusional, and the monk helped me out of that into kindness again. Not immediately, but it is like he spoke to my soul and in time I knew he was right and I had been wrong fighting with my friend.

I am waiting for others to chime in, but at this point I don't think anymore the "kiss, kiss" was demonic. It was never meant sexually loaded or anything, that much I know. Maybe it was just me but there was also the "ljubushka dedi", and I know this meant, "love the children".

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I have the gift of tongues since 2006 and I am enjoying it much. But recently I got confused. I was speaking in tongues and suddenly an old man's voice slipped into my tongue speaking and said in english, "kiss, kiss". (Normally I speak a russian dialect in tongues). The voice said, "kiss, kiss", and in russian, "ljubushka dedi" (which means, love the children). I had been in distress lately because of demons and so I was wondering if the kiss kiss was demonic or perhaps referring to the kiss of love mentioned by Paul. I prayed about it and once I thought I heard Jesus say it's a demon, but when Jesus said that he sounded harsh and strict, which is not how Jesus speaks to me normally. The voice also once said, "sin sin" to me, in an ironic tone, which felt to me like it wanted to say, don't always think of sins (which indeed had been a problem of mine for a while), God would not only be interested in our sins but in our lives.

Can someone with a good connection to Jesus tell me what I should think of this? So far it feels good to me, but the kiss kiss happens frequently lately, almost anytime I speak in tongues. I've wanted to volunteer in a nursing home because of it. Thanks.
Curious question first, "How did you know or who told you that you were speaking in Russian?" Second, "loving the children" is in line with who God is and not satan. When you "hear" an interpretation, that is all it is (an interpretation of your tongues). Third, demons have no power in your life "if" you have received Jesus Christ into your life (as your Savior and Lord). Pray for discernment and trust the Lord's guidance, as satan would not ask you love the children.

Upvote 0

lutherangerman

Jan 30, 2009
Eppendorf, Germany
✟17,788.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Curious question first, "How did you know or who told you that you were speaking in Russian?" Second, "loving the children" is in line with who God is and not satan. When you "hear" an interpretation, that is all it is (an interpretation of your tongues). Third, demons have no power in your life "if" you have received Jesus Christ into your life (as your Savior and Lord). Pray for discernment and trust the Lord's guidance, as satan would not ask you love the children.

I know that "dedi" is modern russian for children, "wodka" originally meant water (modern "woda"), "ljublyu" means "love", "patka" is an old version of "papa" and such. But it's apparently an old dialect because many words I cannot translate when I speak for long. But when I concentrate hard I can often make out a meaning of a word. It doesn't always work though but I know there is a shortage of tongue interpretation and so I have prayed about it.

About the demon, I do not know why it stays. When I was still an atheist in my youth (20 years ago), I made a silly lucifer dance once and since then I have had this dark influence. I trusted doctors who said it was just schizophrenia, but that was not very wise from me. I have prayed the blood of Jesus over me and something warm and deep came to my mind, but still the demon "survived" and came back eventually. I suppose it is a demon of the kind that is deaf and I would need a prayer partner. But demon deliverers are rare in Germany. I am currently converting to the catholich church and I hope I can find help there.

Upvote 0
Jun 14, 2009
✟14,916.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Praying in tongues, is the 100% perfect and direct prayer to God. We can not make mistakes when we pray in tongues, but we can make mistakes, when we pray in English.

Praying in tongues, builds and strengthens our harts or spirits in the ways of God. It like building a house, brick by brick. The more we pray in tongues, the more we become aware of the spiritual things from God, and the more connected we feel with God. Praying in tongues means giving praise and thanks to God by our spirit (1 Corinthians 14:16 NIV).

I believe that praying in tongues, transforms us and makes us more like Jesus in our character, faith, love, and daily life.

It is clear in the 1 Corinthians 12:10, that to one person, are given different or various types of tongues. It says tongues, plural and various, not just one type of tongue. That means, one person can be given as a gift from the Holy Spirit, a few different tongues or languages. So one christian will be able to speak in a few different from each other tongues.

Years ago, I met a brother in Christ, who told me that he speaks 8 different tongues given to him from the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟551,838.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

If it is directed to anyone but God it is not tongues.
If you can understand what is being said it is not tongues.

1 Corinthians 14:2 RV For he that speaketh in a tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God; for no man understandeth; but in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know that "dedi" is modern russian for children, "wodka" originally meant water (modern "woda"), "ljublyu" means "love", "patka" is an old version of "papa" and such. But it's apparently an old dialect because many words I cannot translate when I speak for long. But when I concentrate hard I can often make out a meaning of a word. It doesn't always work though but I know there is a shortage of tongue interpretation and so I have prayed about it.

About the demon, I do not know why it stays. When I was still an atheist in my youth (20 years ago), I made a silly lucifer dance once and since then I have had this dark influence. I trusted doctors who said it was just schizophrenia, but that was not very wise from me. I have prayed the blood of Jesus over me and something warm and deep came to my mind, but still the demon "survived" and came back eventually. I suppose it is a demon of the kind that is deaf and I would need a prayer partner. But demon deliverers are rare in Germany. I am currently converting to the catholich church and I hope I can find help there.
"IF" you have asked Jesus Christ into your life, to be your personal Savior and Lord (believing Him to be the Son of God and that He died on the cross for your sins and rose again 3 days later), then you cannot be "possessed" (internal) by ANY demon(s). However, if you live a live displeasing to God and/or play in the occult, etc. then you open the opportunity to be "oppressed" (external).
Prayer is definitely the best course, and find a pastor, bishop, father, etc. to pray with you and over you and anoint you with oil. It sounds as though you have already asked forgiveness and repented, but is there any other "ungodly influences" that still linger (such as occultic books, idols, secret sins, etc.)? You don't need to answer, but search your heart and pray to God.

• Agree
Reactions: Joy
Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"IF" you have asked Jesus Christ into your life, to be your personal Savior and Lord (believing Him to be the Son of God and that He died on the cross for your sins and rose again 3 days later), then you cannot be "possessed" (internal) by ANY demon(s). However, if you live a live displeasing to God and/or play in the occult, etc. then you open the opportunity to be "oppressed" (external).
Prayer is definitely the best course, and find a pastor, bishop, father, etc. to pray with you and over you and anoint you with oil. It sounds as though you have already asked forgiveness and repented, but is there any other "ungodly influences" that still linger (such as occultic books, idols, secret sins, etc.)? You don't need to answer, but search your heart and pray to God.
Also, I had asked how you "know" that you were speaking in Russian while in tongues. Since you live in Germany is that why?

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Also, I had asked how you "know" that you were speaking in Russian while in tongues. Since you live in Germany is that why?
Oh, one more question! ^_^ You wrote that you were considering converting to Catholicism, but what are you now?

Upvote 0

YodaMama

Jul 22, 2017
Orange County
✟8,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm right now living in Germany where I grew up and I got familiar with russian here. And I am right now a lutheran, but this confession seems a bit too contentious for me. Catholic seems more peaceful.
1) Tongues is in an unknown language to yourself, not one you already are familiar with.
2) "ALL" churches, demoniations, etc. have contentions. The important thing to do is to find one that teaches the Bible!! (and disciples)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums