Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What is a device called that allows you to power a Bay from solar energy and then have a 110v power or USB outlet to it that lets you plug in and get power from the stored solar energy? I'm referring to a battery type contraption. And if this Currently does not exist, theoretically, how much power would be able to be stored on such device or battery? What kind of appliances would be able to run on such a thing and for how long? I realize it would probably depend on the size of it but I was thinking about it being the size no bigger than a standard sized paperback novel. Your thoughts?

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟298,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What is a device called that allows you to power a Bay from solar energy and then have a 110v power or USB outlet to it that lets you plug in and get power from the stored solar energy? I'm referring to a battery type contraption. And if this Currently does not exist, theoretically, how much power would be able to be stored on such device or battery? What kind of appliances would be able to run on such a thing and for how long? I realize it would probably depend on the size of it but I was thinking about it being the size no bigger than a standard sized paperback novel. Your thoughts?

It's called a "power inverter" and very common ones can be found for converting 12 VDC power in cars to household current. Campers, etc., use them all the time.

Similar devices are built into any solar-to-AC (like the 110 V household electrical supply) system. If you don't have an inverter in your home photovoltaic system you could only power specially added DC items and not any of the regular household electrical devices you have. (Even your DC devices, like the cell phone, computer, tablet, wireless router all use AC-to-DC converters anyway.)

Upvote 0