New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son had sleepovers starting at 9. We knew the parents.
At 14 I guess it would depend on if there is going to be adult supervision. Are her friends responsible?
I don’t really think that her friends are a good influence on her

Upvote 0

Joannee

Jan 12, 2019
New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you don't give them a little freedom there is the risk of rebellion, plus they can go really wild when they are finally on their own. Why aren't her friends a good influence?
They always try to get her involved in their shenanigans, and they get in trouble at school

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
They always try to get her involved in their shenanigans, and they get in trouble at school
Oh that's a tough one. What are the shenanigans and what sort of trouble? I know school is a lot more strict than it was in recent years. Is the trouble at school for talking in the hallway or missing class, or do you mean more serious offenses like alcohol, drugs, vandalism, fighting?

Upvote 0

Joannee

Jan 12, 2019
New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh that's a tough one. What are the shenanigans and what sort of trouble? I know school is a lot more strict than it was in recent years. Is the trouble at school for talking in the hallway or missing class, or do you mean more serious offenses like alcohol, drugs, vandalism, fighting?
They talk back to teachers, show up to class late, and stuff like that. I don’t want her around kids like that, even though I know they’re not bad kids at heart

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joannee

Jan 12, 2019
New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They sound like bullies. Does she want to go so she will stay on their good side?
They are a little, she says they always like fun at her and tease her but she says that’s just the way they are, apparently they do it to each other too. And no I don’t think so, I think she’s just fascinated by the idea of a sleepover

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A sleepover is one of those childhood memories. What's the worst that can happen? Teasing and bullying are too different things. We tease people with like. It could be a sign of affection and not necessarily a bad sign. Also you should be happy she has friends, even if they aren't teacher's pets, as long as they aren't cruel and immoral.

Last edited:
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

Joannee

Jan 12, 2019
New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A sleepover is one of those childhood memories. What's the worse that can happen? Teasing and bullying are too different things. We tease people with like. It could be a sign of affection and not necessarily a bad sign. Also you should be happy she has friends, even if they aren't teacher's pets, as long as they aren't cruel and immoral.
I just don’t feel comfortable letting her sleep at someone else’s house. Especially with her friends, I wouldn’t even want to guess what they would plan to do

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I just don’t feel comfortable letting her sleep at someone else’s house. Especially with her friends, I wouldn’t even want to guess what they would plan to do
I guess it depends on if there will be parents home and will they be supervised?
They will probably watch movies, gossip, listen to music, eat junk food. It's scary though, letting them venture out in the world on their own.

Upvote 0

Joannee

Jan 12, 2019
New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess it depends on if there will be parents home and will they be supervised?
They will probably watch movies, gossip, listen to music, eat junk food. It's scary though, letting them venture out in the world on their own.
The parents will be there, but they usually let them do whatever they want. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went somewhere at night

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The parents will be there, but they usually let them do whatever they want. I wouldn’t be surprised if they went somewhere at night
What do the parents let them do that is so bad? Where can they go at night? The mall? Maybe to an arcade or fast food restaurant?

Does she have a cell phone? You could always insist on her keeping you posted. Plus you can put tracker software on the phone to monitor her movements so at least you will always know where she will be.

Upvote 0

Joannee

Jan 12, 2019
New York
✟17,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do the parents let them do that is so bad? Where can they go at night? The mall? Maybe to an arcade or fast food restaurant?

Does she have a cell phone? You could always insist on her keeping you posted. Plus you can put tracker software on the phone to monitor her movements so at least you will always know where she will be.
If I did that I feel she would think I don’t trust her. And I really don’t want her going to any of those places with them at night.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟676,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If I did that I feel she would think I don’t trust her. And I really don’t want her going to any of those places with them at night.
Is it just this specific group of girls? Would you be ok with her roaming the mall at night with an unsupervised church youth group? Or are you worried about society at large?

Upvote 0