• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Question about Sleepovers

Gingerine

Nov 18, 2016
il
✟24,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, I've been doing a lot better these days, thank God! But I've been struggling with a question of mine for a few days. Would it be a sin for me to share a bed with a same-sex friend for like a sleepover or something? I read somewhere that the word homosexuality(the Hebrew one) has two parts one of which means "bed" so does that mean it would be a sin for me to share a bed with a friend or my sister? I don't think it is a sin but I'm not sure, can you help me out?

Last edited:

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Nothing in that word means "bed."

Homo - same.
sexual - you know what that is.

As long as you guys do not start doing that kind of stuff together, you are fine.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You probably mean this:

Leviticus 20:13
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.​

"Lies with" is a Hebrew idiom for having non-marital sexual relations.

So if you are not being sexual together you are ok.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you are worried about it, it will be a sin to you and you should not do it. You have successfully added to your list of sins that should not be committed....or else..
But the sin would not be sleeping in the same bed; it would be unbelief.

Forbidding something on the basis of unbelief just adds to legalism.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the sin would not be sleeping in the same bed; it would be unbelief.

Forbidding something on the basis of unbelief just adds to legalism.
But it is sin nonetheless. What If she feels bad in her heart every time she lays with a woman.....but continues to do so because we said it was no sin?

The bible states that anything done, not in faith, is sin...... And that the very thought of wrongness to eat something, makes eating it wrong to that person.

What promotes legalism, is the contemplation of what is good and bad, sin versus no-sin, followed by the questioning of the religious, followed by the answering of the religious.... I see no point in this unless we desire to create more rules for ourselves.

Myself, I prefer to stand in the liberty where with Christ hath made me free, and be no longer entangled again in the yokes of bondage...

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What promotes legalism, is the contemplation of what is good and bad, sin versus no-sin, followed by the questioning of the religious, followed by the answering of the religious.... I see no point in this unless we desire to create more rules for ourselves.
And that is exactly what goes on with the no-faith sin.

People can say anything is a sin and it gets added in to the ever more restrictive list.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And that is exactly what goes on with the no-faith sin.

People can say anything is a sin and it gets added in to the ever more restrictive list.
I agree.........however, it does get added as sin.....if the reader/hearer believes it.......And we cant control what they believe.

Notice I did not use any bible scenarios or hebrew/greek translations to answer the OPs question.......I only used her belief.

What a man thinketh in his heart....so is he...

And I believe that if we continue to push this message, most people will start taking the following advise:
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

With all this good stuff on our minds, there will be no time to contemplate different ways to sin.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I believe that if we continue to push this message, most people will start taking the following advise:
"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Indeed. And we have to get people to stop violating Deut 4.2. (see my footer)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Hi, I've been doing a lot better these days, thank God! But I've been struggling with a question of mine for a few days. Would it be a sin for me to share a bed with a same-sex friend for like a sleepover or something? I read somewhere that the word homosexuality(the Hebrew one) has two parts one of which means "bed" so does that mean it would be a sin for me to share a bed with a friend or my sister? I don't think it is a sin but I'm not sure, can you help me out?
A sleepover may also be thought of as an opportunity to introduce you to Lesbianism. Women are more aggressive with other women then they are with men.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Monk Brendan

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2016
Phoenix, Arizona
Visit site
✟294,430.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
A sleepover my also be thought of as an opportunity to introduce you to Lesbianism. Women are more aggressive with other women then they are with men.
Christ's name in English is Jesus.

And I would have no way of knowing about women's agressiveness.

HOw would you know?

Upvote 0

Gingerine

Nov 18, 2016
il
✟24,469.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You probably mean this:

Leviticus 20:13
If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.​

"Lies with" is a Hebrew idiom for having non-marital sexual relations.

So if you are not being sexual together you are ok.

Thanks so much! that clears up a lot for me I'll try not to worry about it anymore.

Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Probably neither the thread or the forum folder for that discussion, but both have to be incorrect since there was no “J” sound in any language before about 1000 ad.
I thought we were talking about English today..... I can tell you what the name was before 1000ad if you feel that would make this conversation more relevant.

Upvote 0