Question about Sheet Music Resources (Praise Chorus Books)

Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
For those of you still using sheet music, praise/chorus books, are you finding a serious lack of music resources out there?

I am trying to find more modern music books and so far, if I need a piece of sheet music, I have to download it via Music-Notes or get it off the artist's site. That stinks and get's expensive. I have all of the Maranatha Praise Chorus Books, All the Best Songs of Praise & Worship and Country & Western Gospel Hymnals (Among a lot of others). I want to find more, but there isn't squat on Christian Bookstore.

Seems like they are doing away with these great books and going to performance soundtracks. With the decline of musicians, I understand why, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Any other websites or series that have good collections? Thanks!

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
For those of you still using sheet music, praise/chorus books, are you finding a serious lack of music resources out there?

I am trying to find more modern music books and so far, if I need a piece of sheet music, I have to download it via Music-Notes or get it off the artist's site. That stinks and get's expensive. I have all of the Maranatha Praise Chorus Books, All the Best Songs of Praise & Worship and Country & Western Gospel Hymnals (Among a lot of others). I want to find more, but there isn't squat on Christian Bookstore.

Seems like they are doing away with these great books and going to performance soundtracks. With the decline of musicians, I understand why, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something.

Any other websites or series that have good collections? Thanks!
I can identify with your problem, If I can find out anything, I will get back to you. Our Church just plays recordings on disc and words on a big screen...yuk...
I have lots of good chorus music books also, and used music from Decani Music Ltd. I was fortunate to run the music at a Church for five years...it was great. The modern music is different again...

Reactions: HouseCat71
Upvote 0

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I suspect that a lot of churches are doing like us and getting their music from sites like SongSelect, where it's possible to download all kinds of music at will, anytime. It's sad to see books go away, but that's kind of the effect of the internet, generally. Electronic indexing is very convenient.

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I can identify with your problem, If I can find out anything, I will get back to you. Our Church just plays recordings on disc and words on a big screen...yuk...
I have lots of good chorus music books also, and used music from Decani Music Ltd. I was fortunate to run the music at a Church for five years...it was great. The modern music is different again...
Thanks anyway. I checked out Decani and that looks like a lot of stuff I already have in our Protestant hymnals, watered down anyway. :confused: Ah well...the search goes on.

Upvote 0
Feb 3, 2016
Northern Idaho
✟6,941.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I suspect that a lot of churches are doing like us and getting their music from sites like SongSelect, where it's possible to download all kinds of music at will, anytime. It's sad to see books go away, but that's kind of the effect of the internet, generally. Electronic indexing is very convenient.
I checked out Song Select. Very useful resource. I wish my church would pay for a membership, but it is a very small country church as it is. I pay for all my books and music and woo...I can't afford that. Maybe in the future. Good to know about it, though. Thanks for posting.

Upvote 0