Question about ROCOR (Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia) in the Carribean

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,780.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I read here The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia - Official Website that Bishop John of Caracas and South America, who heads the diocese of South America, attends to Old Believers. Is this allowed, being part of the Orthodox Church?
His intent is to restore them to communion with the Church. We had a similar situation here in Australia where our former Archbishop Stylianos (Greek Archdiocese) worked to build a relationship with a schismatic group and ultimately bring them back into communion

• Informative
Reactions: Muyale
Upvote 0

Muyale

Jul 20, 2022
Aruba
✟8,120.00
Country
Aruba
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
His intent is to restore them to communion with the Church. We had a similar situation here in Australia where our former Archbishop Stylianos (Greek Archdiocese) worked to build a relationship with a schismatic group and ultimately bring them back into communion
Ohhh I see. Thanks!

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,558.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I read here The Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia - Official Website that Bishop John of Caracas and South America, who heads the diocese of South America, attends to Old Believers. Is this allowed, being part of the Orthodox Church?
There was a group of Old Believers in Erie, PA that came back into canonical Orthodoxy via ROCOR several decades ago. Their first bishop was Bishop Daniel who reposed not long after ROCOR's reunification with Moscow. Bishop John became the new guy in charge of ROCOR's Old Believers afterwards.

Reactions: ArmyMatt
Upvote 0