Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
i think your being oversensitive
it isnt satanic, its a silly computer company
they arent worshipping satan
and you arent gonna go to hell for using software with some silly mascot
dont worry so much

I'm not being "oversensitive", it gives me an unsettling feeling and i'm going to listen to it and avoid the project until they change the logo. Have a nice day and God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
And if you've ever noticed, the Apple Computer company's logo is an apple with a bite out of it. (Like the apple that took down Adam and Eve.)

Interesting trivia - the "bite" was added to the logo to give a sense of scale, so it wouldn't be mistaken for a cherry.

Upvote 0
E

Elysium

so i guess youll ignore any products that involve things that you think are secretly evil?

dust devil vacuums?
devil linux?
devil exhaust sportbikes?
new jersey devils?

you really are being unreasonable based on a silly feeling, which doesnt mean anything
thi company isnt out to get your faith or defame it
and it isnt going to make you go to hell
and im certain they dont summon demons.

Upvote 0

LoAmmi

Dispassionate
Mar 12, 2012
✟209,533.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
If this is a stumbling stone for Josh, let him be.

Nobody should be pressured to do something they feel uncomfortable with (within reason). I agree that if he doesn't want to use the OS, he shouldn't have to. It's not like he's freaking out about something essential to life.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟798,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Interesting trivia - the "bite" was added to the logo to give a sense of scale, so it wouldn't be mistaken for a cherry.

This is from a interview with the designer of the logo:
CB: How many versions did you do for the presentation?
RJ: We presented two versions of the logo. One with and one without the bite. Just in case he thought the bite was too cute. Fortunately he went with the one that gave it the most personality with the bite. Frankly it was a no brainer and you would miss the mark if you don't show some kind of an apple. When I presented I showed him several variations. Striped version, solid color version, metallic version. All those with the same shape.

Interview with Rob Janoff, designer of the Apple logo | creativebits™

He does say it has nothing to do with Adam and Eve.

Upvote 0