Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My girlfriend has been dealing with a bad spirit haunting her while she sleeps for the past 3 or 4 years. We dont live together as we often break up and get back together. What would be the best solution for her? She says it feels like there is a demon holding her down while she sleeps and its getting worse. She is even hearing voices now

She said the other night that she asked God to forgive her for everything she has ever done and spent a long time praying. It was a big step for her to say that but then after that she said she needs to hire a paranormal investigator which would indicate that she doesn't truly believe God can help her and that she doesn't know Jesus.

I feel like she has a major decision to make in regards to either serving the world or serving the Lord

I have been praying for her a few times a day and i see her crawling her way towards humbling herself and realizing she needs God

How can i help her with her bad spirit? Will it help if i go to into her bedroom and pray? Or is it up to her to persue a relationship with Jesus?

“Paisios”

Sinner
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2014
✟594,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My girlfriend has been dealing with a bad spirit haunting her while she sleeps for the past 3 or 4 years. We dont live together as we often break up and get back together. What would be the best solution for her? She says it feels like there is a demon holding her down while she sleeps and its getting worse. She is even hearing voices now

She said the other night that she asked God to forgive her for everything she has ever done and spent a long time praying. It was a big step for her to say that but then after that she said she needs to hire a paranormal investigator which would indicate that she doesn't truly believe God can help her and that she doesn't know Jesus.

I feel like she has a major decision to make in regards to either serving the world or serving the Lord

I have been praying for her a few times a day and i see her crawling her way towards humbling herself and realizing she needs God

How can i help her with her bad spirit? Will it help if i go to into her bedroom and pray? Or is it up to her to persue a relationship with Jesus?
First, she needs to rule out organic issues such as sleep paralysis, by seeing a physician and getting sleep study testing.

It is also beneficial to read the Psalms prior to going to bed each night, and I have found the repetition of the Jesus prayer (« Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner ») to be very helpful with a similar issue.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

It is up to her to pursue a relationship with Jesus, but praying for her (and with her, if possible) will help - in her bedroom or anywhere else.

Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

As paisios said above, your girlfriend should speak with a doctor about her sleep habits.

Believe it or not, from what I've studied about the witch trials of the past it seems that your girlfriend is suffering from sleep paralysis. In the past it wasn't understood. It begins just as a person begins to fall asleep. The body becomes paralyzed while the brain is still awake. Oftentimes a person begins to dream during the state. In the end they feel like they are being held down by some force and begin to hallucinate.

People suffering from it in the past attributed it to demonic possession. They would become paralyzed and begin dreaming of neighbors drifting over their bed. It led to accusations of witchcraft against their neighbors and people were often executed based on the accusations. Thankfully we know better these days.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟199,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
we are praying. Take her to the doctor.
Give her praise music to pray.
Give her a Bible to read before sleep.
If there is a Christian lady who can spend the night with her to observe do that.

Upvote 0
Aug 1, 2010
✟55,547.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Id like to first thank everyone who has responded its much appreciated

I havent spent a night with her in over a year but she was fine when i did and her younger sister sometimes sleeps with her. She doesn't have problems when she isn't alone. Would sleep paralysis only happen when she is alone?

I dont mean to throw her under the bus because i spent most of my life stuck in sin and was a prisoner to it up until recently. But she has said horrible things. A little background info, to me we are all Gods children. To her she is black and i am white. She told me when she was mad at me that she cant date white creatures anymore. She has displayed hatred towards Caucasians and even more self hatred. She has used blasphemous words, holds petty grudges. Like she used the f word towards my ex girlfriend becauae she was mad at me. She didnt say it to her, she said it to me. They knew eachother briefly but i have done far more for her then i did for my ex. She can be very hateful and negative. And she also is very sensitive

Its only fair i share some of her childhood life. Her father never told her he loved her growing up and even now as she is 26. She never had anyone to cheer her up when she felt down going through school. Her father cheats on her mom and her mom has stayed with him. They all still live in the same house. Her mom has always shown favortism towards her older and first born sister. She lives in a tough environment with crime and violence. Her mom is a very aggressive and dominant woman. I see where both the parents are at fault but its ultimately the mans fault for failing as the head of the family and leading the family into a pit. As a result of everything she has alot of anxiety and fear

Im probably the only person aside from her younger sister that has loved and cared for her even when she treated me horribly at times the past 3 years. I hold nothing against her and have forgiven her for everything. I told her she needs to seek forgiveness from God, not from me. I have told her i can lead her to the water but she has to drink it.

I guess what im trying to say is everything makes me think it is not sleep paralysis but this demon trying to hold her down represents the stronghold Satan has on her. And only God can free her from that

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Her situation will probably continue to go south. The last thing she needs to do is involve a paranormal investigator. That's a non-believer attracting more demonic spirits. Unless they're followers of Jesus. But some say they are believers but they aren't.

If she's ready to get the help she needs, I would contact John Eckhardt ministries .She needs to tell them she's not a believer because it will help them help her. Or if you contactt them,, they could answer your questions and help you.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Darkhorse
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

PROPHECYKID

Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2007
The isle of spice
Visit site
✟73,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Let he watch a video called "A Trip Into the Supernatural". It is the testimony of a man who belonged to a secret society of spirit worshippers. His story is very interesting. He talks about when he decided to follow the lord how he was also haunted by demon spirits and he talks about how he eventually overcame. Its a long testimony but I believe it will really help her. If you want me to give you the link to that video let me know

Upvote 0