Visit site
✟16,998.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I TRUST THAT YOU WERE EXCEEDINGLY BLESSED TODAY MY SISTER!

ephraim

I was clothed, fed, our Kneeling Vespers service was beautiful. I cannot complain :)

I hope you were blessed as well!

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I was clothed, fed, our Kneeling Vespers service was beautiful. I cannot complain :)

I hope you were blessed as well!

MY SISTER,

Yes, i was indeed blessed. i went to a Greek Church so everything was a little different (i am used to Russian) but beautiful, none-the-less.

My wife agreed to go with me if i would attend services at her protestant church afterwards.

She seemed to enjoy the Liturgy, although kneeling was hard for her due to a leg injury. As i said, it was a beautiful Service.

After Liturgy, we rushed over to a local protestant "Mega Church", and the service consisted of a screeching Christian rock band wailing away at high volume following by a guest speaker ranting about the mission field for 45 minutes or so. WHAT A CONTRAST. It certainly clarified some things about differences in worship for me. i asked my wife why they didn't celebrate Pentecost--the birth of the Church. She said she didn't know--said it in a way that indicated that perhaps she possibly got a few things clarified herself.

Anyway, we both were blessed--GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU WERE AS WELL.

i am looking forward to the day when you trade in your old cross for a new one!

MUCH LOVE IN CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well then I say;

Peace be with you my Sister in Christ.
May his blessings flow unto you like an endless river,
In Christ name in which all things were made.
Amen
MAY YOU BE BLESSED ON THIS SPECIAL DAY OF PENTECOST, AND MAY THE INDWELLING HOLY SPIRIT ILLUMINATE THE PATH GOD WOULD HAVE YOU TO WALK.

IN CHRIST'S LOVE,
ephraim

P.S. i am your brother not sister.

Upvote 0

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Colossians 2:16

Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day.

YES, your point is well taken. However, what is being talked about in Colossians are the old Jewish Festivals which were held in obedience to the Law of Moses. The are rightly described as "a shadow of things to come" and further "but the substance is of Christ."

Christians, as a body, from the beginning have commemorated the fulfillment of the Old Testament types which were realized and fulfilled in and through Jesus Christ. The main three commemorations based on their importance are: The Birth of Our Lord--Christmas, The Resurrection of Our Lord--Pascha (Easter), and The Birth of the Church--Pentecost.

Soooo . . . given that the vast majority of Christians throughout the world celebrate Pentecost today--the birth of the Church and the gift of the Holy Spirit by our Lord to His followers--i was somewhat taken aback by the Church we went to ignoring it and conducting a "business as usual" Sunday service.

ephraim

Upvote 0
MAY YOU BE BLESSED ON THIS SPECIAL DAY OF PENTECOST, AND MAY THE INDWELLING HOLY SPIRIT ILLUMINATE THE PATH GOD WOULD HAVE YOU TO WALK.

IN CHRIST'S LOVE,
ephraim

P.S. i am your brother not sister.
Oopps sorry my mistake! forgive me Brother, I will edit my post.

Upvote 0
YES, your point is well taken. However, what is being talked about in Colossians are the old Jewish Festivals which were held in obedience to the Law of Moses. The are rightly described as "a shadow of things to come" and further "but the substance is of Christ."

Christians, as a body, from the beginning have commemorated the fulfillment of the Old Testament types which were realized and fulfilled in and through Jesus Christ. The main three commemorations based on their importance are: The Birth of Our Lord--Christmas, The Resurrection of Our Lord--Pascha (Easter), and The Birth of the Church--Pentecost.

Soooo . . . given that the vast majority of Christians throughout the world celebrate Pentecost today--the birth of the Church and the gift of the Holy Spirit by our Lord to His followers--i was somewhat taken aback by the Church we went to ignoring it and conducting a "business as usual" Sunday service.

ephraim
Well to be honest, I celebrate Christmas everytime I thank God for sending Jesus and I celebrate Easter everytime I tahnk God for taking my Sin away.

So really does it matter what the day is so long we are thankful for it. Everyday is a blessing in my eyes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ephraimanesti

Senior Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Seattle, WA
✟23,171.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well to be honest, I celebrate Christmas everytime I thank God for sending Jesus and I celebrate Easter everytime I tahnk God for taking my Sin away.

So really does it matter what the day is so long we are thankful for it. Everyday is a blessing in my eyes.

YES, this is true and commendable and most pleasing to God.

However, spiritual celebrations are also a part of the functioning of the Body of Christ as a whole, of which each individual is a part. Therefore it is, i think, and the Church has always thought from the beginning, that it is important that we gather together on these special occasions and celebrate these events as a family.

Jesus was born as your Savior--BUT HE WAS ALSO BORN TO SAVE ALL YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHICH MAKE UP THE CHURCH AS WELL.

Jesus died for your sins--BUT HE ALSO DIED TO CLEASE HIS BRIDE OF ALL SIN.

Jesus rose from the death to give you eternal life--BUT HE ALSO ROSE THAT HIS BRIDE MIGHT BE WITH HIM ETERNALLY.

Jesus did indeed send the Holy Spirit to indwell and guide and strengthen you--BUT HE ALSO SENT THE HOLY SPIRIT TO INDWELL HIS CHURCH AS A WHOLE AND GUIDE THE CHURCH INTO ALL RIGHTEOUSNESS AND TRUTH.

It is not just about you--IT IS ALSO A CHURCH THING--and just as you celebrate these events in your heart--daily or whatever--so the Church should gather together before their Lord on these occasions and give Him thanks and praise for what He has done for ALL of us.

IN CHRIST,
ephraim

Upvote 0

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

ephraim

The Bible says that we should hide God's Word in our hearts. If that church is like a lot of people I know personally, they celebrate the church, the birth of Christ, and the death and resurrection of Christ all year round, not just on one day. Those aren't, after all, the real days that those things took place.

This is just how I view it, however.

Upvote 0
The Bible says that we should hide God's Word in our hearts. If that church is like a lot of people I know personally, they celebrate the church, the birth of Christ, and the death and resurrection of Christ all year round, not just on one day. Those aren't, after all, the real days that those things took place.

This is just how I view it, however.
Exactly my opinion! Well said The Cheat

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

malckiah

Jesus Christ is my God and King!
Dec 9, 2006
Texas
✟17,426.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I could fabricate lots of stories about Mary, but the truth of the matter is.....In The Bible Mary was just a person who was used by God! There is never a mention of Mary ascending to heaven and all that other stuff you said. That is not in The Bible!

The focus of our faith and The Bible is JESUS!!! and only Jesus!

The Bible teaches us to pray to God The Father, through Jesus! .....we are never to pray to Mary!

That is the biblical truth! God Bless!

Upvote 0

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I could fabricate lots of stories about Mary, but the truth of the matter is.....In The Bible Mary was just a person who was used by God! There is never a mention of Mary ascending to heaven and all that other stuff you said. That is not in The Bible!

The Bible teaches us to pray to God The Father, through Jesus! .....we are never to pray to Mary!

:amen:

Upvote 0

Amen Brother!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.